Jedi_masters is running the London Marathon 2014

Jez

Sith Lord
jedi_masters said:
Hey guys.

Progress is good and steady. My basic run now is 8.37 miles which I am comfortably doing at 10 minute mile pace. Last week was the first week I ran 4 days which felt good and wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I plan my week as a long run Monday and Thursday, shorter run Tuesday and Friday and depending on how I feel either rest of Wednesday or I plan from this week on doing some core workout training. I am hoping within the next few weeks I will be able to run my basic loop twice to make up the 17 miles I want to achieve in training. then hopefully start running that 17 miles on the Monday and Thursday longer runs.

Thursday was the first run I have done in heavy rain and I have to say it was quite exhilarating. Such a great feeling when you don't wimp out because of a little rain and you just get on with it.

On a side note, I am now 2 stone lighter and have moved 2 notches up on my belt which I am pretty chuffed with.

Jez, I would not miss another road trip in the Falcon. I will definitely be there. And a warm up run sound's awesome. Thanks for the offer mate, your support is overwhelming.

I would never thought I would say this but I actually enjoy running. Almost love it. I feel I get so much more out of it than cycling which is what I used to love. So much more sense of achievement.

The most positive post i've read on this forum in an age!

jedi_masters said:
FFFFFFUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK YYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAA WOOP WOOP!!!!!!!

Only gone and broken the 10 mile barrier tonight. 10.05 miles, well chuffed I'm finally into double figures. Think I am going to ache in the morning but it's all worth it.

Awesome.

jedi_masters said:
Well that's it, im ****ed.

Not getting out as often as I want and am nowhere near the mileage I want to be at at this stage in training. An to top it all off I have a sore Achilles which means I am having to take it easy and do 4-5 miles at a time if I'm lucky.

Really pissed off as it was going so well then just seems to have hit a big bock wall that I can't get over.

To say I am grumpy at the moment is an understatement, and I've also just broken my wardrobe door mirror, looks like I am now doomed or 7 years.

You aren't ****ed, pick your lip up off of the floor and have a word with yourself Chris Mann, you sound like i need to give you a slap!

Positive 1 - Your fitness, health and self esteem have all been raised through your sterling efforts.
Positive 2 - You have been enjoying outdoor running in the rain!
Positive 3 - This has happened in Febuary, not March or April. You have time to heal and get on with it.
Positive 4 - You are raising money for a charity which is close to your heart. Good man Mr Mann.
Positive 5 - Everyone is proud of you.
Positive 6 - I've just put some more cash in your just giving page and you have now gone through the £500 barrier!

Finally forget the superstition about mirrors, thats all a load of bollocks.

You can support Chris by donating on his page http://www.justgiving.com/Chris-Mann2

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Jez said:
jedi_masters said:
Hey guys.

Progress is good and steady. My basic run now is 8.37 miles which I am comfortably doing at 10 minute mile pace. Last week was the first week I ran 4 days which felt good and wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I plan my week as a long run Monday and Thursday, shorter run Tuesday and Friday and depending on how I feel either rest of Wednesday or I plan from this week on doing some core workout training. I am hoping within the next few weeks I will be able to run my basic loop twice to make up the 17 miles I want to achieve in training. then hopefully start running that 17 miles on the Monday and Thursday longer runs.

Thursday was the first run I have done in heavy rain and I have to say it was quite exhilarating. Such a great feeling when you don't wimp out because of a little rain and you just get on with it.

On a side note, I am now 2 stone lighter and have moved 2 notches up on my belt which I am pretty chuffed with.

Jez, I would not miss another road trip in the Falcon. I will definitely be there. And a warm up run sound's awesome. Thanks for the offer mate, your support is overwhelming.

I would never thought I would say this but I actually enjoy running. Almost love it. I feel I get so much more out of it than cycling which is what I used to love. So much more sense of achievement.

The most positive post i've read on this forum in an age!

jedi_masters said:
FFFFFFUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK YYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAA WOOP WOOP!!!!!!!

Only gone and broken the 10 mile barrier tonight. 10.05 miles, well chuffed I'm finally into double figures. Think I am going to ache in the morning but it's all worth it.

Awesome.

jedi_masters said:

Not getting out as often as I want and am nowhere near the mileage I want to be at at this stage in training. An to top it all off I have a sore Achilles which means I am having to take it easy and do 4-5 miles at a time if I'm lucky.

Really pissed off as it was going so well then just seems to have hit a big bock wall that I can't get over.

To say I am grumpy at the moment is an understatement, and I've also just broken my wardrobe door mirror, looks like I am now doomed or 7 years.

You aren't ****ed, pick your lip up off of the floor and have a word with yourself Chris Mann, you sound like i need to give you a slap!

Positive 1 - Your fitness, health and self esteem have all been raised through your sterling efforts.
Positive 2 - You have been enjoying outdoor running in the rain!
Positive 3 - This has happened in Febuary, not March or April. You have time to heal and get on with it.
Positive 4 - You are raising money for a charity which is close to your heart. Good man Mr Mann.
Positive 5 - Everyone is proud of you.
Positive 6 - I've just put some more cash in your just giving page and you have now gone through the £500 barrier!

Finally forget the superstition about mirrors, thats all a load of bollocks.

You can support Chris by donating on his page http://www.justgiving.com/Chris-Mann2

Great post Jez, just what I needed. Was having a bit of a downer today which is unusual for me. I will bounce back, am planning a nice long run for tomorrow morning at 10am. My Achilles hasn't been hurting as much today so will just take it nice and slow tomorrow and see how it goes.

You guys on here are the best at picking people up of the floor when they are having a down moment. And a huge thanks to all that have donated so far and to Jez for putting my total past the first £500!!

Will post again tomorrow after my run.

Cheers guys.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Well played Jez :D

Chris, get to sports masseuse and get those legs pampered to a good deep muscle massage mate, or just get yourself to the local sauna. :wink:

Seriously though, muscle massages really helped my legs recover from the neglect I showed them while training. Get on your bike too and gives the legs a break.

Don't get down either mate, whatever happens I am sure you will finish (even if you walk half of it) and thats what matters. I am more than proud of my efforts even though Bram wiped the floor with me.

Next year Bram, wanna go again? 8)

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Cheers Chris.

Ran yesterday, another 10 miles and felt **** at the end of it as I would say 80% of it I was running into a strong head wind which really did my hips and knees in. Luckily no Achilles pain so the rest I can deal with and move on.

I am going to take your advise Chris and look at finding a local place that does sports massage. Think it will do my legs the world of good.

On a side note, all prize's are in now so will sort out photo's and get the comp up and running this week.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
jedi_masters said:

What miserable bastard wrote this?? Surely couldn't have been me, I'm never that down.

Back in the game now, jogged 12.07 miles last night and it felt goooooooooood!! Felt like I did a few weeks back, comfortable and like I could keep running for mile's. Knee's hurt a bit today but nothing I cant handle.

I will be sorting out pic's and opening the competition tonight so watch this space.

mumbo

Sith Lord
Fantastic effort Chris, half the battle is with the mind and your clearly winning that! Sounds as though your body can take the gruelling schedule too so I have no doubts that you will do great job on the day :) keep up the great work :)

TC-14

Sith Lord
I hear you, Jez... and by all accounts, it's gonna be a good weather week!!! C'mon, Chris... c'mon my son! (That's fighting talk from the landed gentry, by the way ;)...) hehe: up and at it, my friend...

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Hey guys.

Cheers Jez, Mumbo and Martin. Ran 10 miles last night, got a niggly pain in my right heel but hoping that will go with a massage and some ice. Going to try and go out today after work if I get time and maybe tomorrow as well, be good to run in slightly hotter weather and see how that changes things.

Will be taking pic's tonight of competition prize's so will get that all sorted and open the comp up.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
When feeling down, and it's a push to go out of the door,
Remember what sparked you, just what your doing it for.
For all those that suffered, for all those in pain,
Your support and your commitment will only bring gain.
A fantastic effort...a selfless application,
Will only bring cheer and smile radiation.
Keep it going my lad, your a star to be sure,
Some pain and some sadness you will certainly cure.
Our forelock s are tugged, our hats are doffed,
In deference to Chris, an example to all held aloft.
Your resolve, your effort, commitment and time,
Will all come together, you'll reach that finish line.
At that point your race with yourself will be run,
With SWFUKers behind you.....GO ON CHRIS ...Go On MY SON :!: :!: :!:

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Michael Sith said:
When feeling down, and it's a push to go out of the door,
Remember what sparked you, just what your doing it for.
For all those that suffered, for all those in pain,
Your support and your commitment will only bring gain.
A fantastic effort...a selfless application,
Will only bring cheer and smile radiation.
Keep it going my lad, your a star to be sure,
Some pain and some sadness you will certainly cure.
Our forelock s are tugged, our hats are doffed,
In deference to Chris, an example to all held aloft.
Your resolve, your effort, commitment and time,
Will all come together, you'll reach that finish line.
At that point your race with yourself will be run,
With SWFUKers behind you.....GO ON CHRIS ...Go On MY SON :!: :!: :!:

Awesome, thank you Michael, actually bought a tear to my eye and make's me even more determined to do this to the best I can. Thank you.

Jez said:
Excellent. Don't over do it though mate. You do need rest days.

Wont be going out today, ankles are aching a bit after yesterday so am resting today for a run tomorrow. AM in the process of purchasing more stuff to help with my running as in training gels and protein shakes. As I am doing longer runs now I need to be taking more care with how I supply my body with energy when it needs it and also giving it a bit extra once the runs are done to help the muscles repair.

All your support guys is very much appreciated and I hope I can return that with a competition with some great pirize's.

I also hope some of you will be able to make it down to London on the day, hopefully meet up with you at the finish line.

SWFUK, my heart go's out to all of you, without my family's support, your support, and especially my wonderful wife's support this would be 10 times harder.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Another minor set back.

Was going to go out yesterday as the weather was beautiful and perfect for running. Also wanted to run in a bit of heat to see how my body reacted.

But that never happened as I decided to break my little toe on my daughters wooden chair. Bugger it hurt and is sore now. Cant wear a pair of shoe's for very long as it squeezes the toes together. That puts me out of training for at least this week.

Am hoping it will have healed enough and the soreness gone away by this weekend to get back out and see how it feels.

Keeping positive this time so no moaning or sourness from me. Keeping my chin very much up!!!!

Rebel_Runner

Jedi Master
jedi_masters said:
Another minor set back.

Was going to go out yesterday as the weather was beautiful and perfect for running. Also wanted to run in a bit of heat to see how my body reacted.

But that never happened as I decided to break my little toe on my daughters wooden chair. Bugger it hurt and is sore now. Cant wear a pair of shoe's for very long as it squeezes the toes together. That puts me out of training for at least this week.

Am hoping it will have healed enough and the soreness gone away by this weekend to get back out and see how it feels.

Keeping positive this time so no moaning or sourness from me. Keeping my chin very much up!!!!

No excuses!!! Paula Radcliffe ran with a broken Big toe. :wink: :D

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
and Junior Chubb ran with a twisted ankle... :wink:

Seriously though Chris, rest and be very careful on your comeback. Jump on a bike if you cant run to keep the cardio work up.

Fingers crossed for you mate :D

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Don't worry guys, I am not wimping out this wont stop me. Should be back out running Friday if all goes to plan, toe is better today but still a bit sore.

Jez

Sith Lord
I've had a couple of broken toes. They are a bit of a drag dude, has it gone black yet?
Take it easy Chris, you have already trained harder than a lot of entries.
If you are concerned about the toe, hit the pool!

On another note, I see that your just giving page is slowly creeping up.
Have you thought about asking everyone of your forum competition entries to donate to qualify? It'll help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom