How long do you give a seller to respond (Evilbay)

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Hi guys, recently purchased an item (not SW). Part of it was missing and part of it was damaged broken into 4 pieces. Sent images and contacted the seller telling them what was wrong and what was missing. Only response was dose the box look damaged as can't see how it could be damaged and can you point out what is missing as not sure what it is. So sent images of the packaging and said it doesn't look damaged no, and sent a picture from the listing with a note saying this is the part thats missing. Its been over 24 hours now and sent a couple more messages saying can we get this issue sorted. Still nothing. Getting annoyed cause if this was me it would be my main priority to get the issue sorted.

Cheers

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Unfortunately, your best option is to remain calm (even though you won't feel like being!), polite and patient. Give the seller a couple of days to respond, and then politely email them again to say that you hadn't yet heard back from them, and please could they respond to your first query. If they still don't respond, I recommend checking eBay's policy on this circumstance (i.e. when a buyer has notified a seller of a problem), and if they don't respond within eBay's specified time limit, you can then consider other options like returning the item for a full refund. However, hopefully the seller will respond and address your concerns.

Good luck!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Just open a case in your ebay account to get the ball rolling, the seller is ignoring you IMO.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
theforceuk said:
Just open a case in your ebay account to get the ball rolling, the seller is ignoring you IMO.

This.

Seller is hoping you will give up/go away. The problem is his. He can't be arsed to deal with it as he knows he will lose money, so he sticks his head in the sand. Just open a case on him. Ebay ALWAYS sides with the buyer so he loses and you don't have to faff about. You've given him a chance.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
theforceuk said:

Will have a look in the morning cheers. Annoying thing is though do want the item. Do you get covered in the return postage price etc or can they offer a partial refund?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
StarWarsFan said:
theforceuk said:

Will have a look in the morning cheers. Annoying thing is though do want the item. Do you get covered in the return postage price etc or can they offer a partial refund?

They can offer you a partial refund, ebay will advise ther seller to do that if you suggest it. The seller will have to provide you with return postage if item is not as described or damaged.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
StarWarsFan said:
theforceuk said:

They can offer you a partial refund, ebay will advise ther seller to do that if you suggest it. The seller will have to provide you with return postage if item is not as described or damaged.

Great cheers. Can that be done by selecting return item and mentioning it in the message when asking why you want to return it? Thanks sorry for all the questions.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah you just select return this item and reason for return, try messaging the seller as well. If the seller refuses to give you a returns label you can end up getting a full refund. The seller would have to be a complete muppet though. Also message the seller asking for a partial refund.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Yeah you just select return this item and reason for return, try messaging the seller as well. If the seller refuses to give you a returns label you can end up getting a full refund. The seller would have to be a complete muppet though. Also message the seller asking for a partial refund.

Cheers. have messaged the seller saying i'm happy to have a partial refund and not get eBay involved as of yet nothing. Time to bring in eBay.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Honestly? Protect yourself and go for a full refund. Hes ignoring you, its funny how communications are as fluid as water until after money has exchanged. Pm me your ebay handle and ill add it as a friend 8)

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Sundancer Squadron said:
Honestly? Protect yourself and go for a full refund. Hes ignoring you, its funny how communications are as fluid as water until after money has exchanged. Pm me your ebay handle and ill add it as a friend 8)

Thing is I don't really want to send it back. Main part is fine its the shield off the figure that broke and the accessory is an add on for the other mega zord.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
hmmm bit of a difficult one then, maybe a partial refund is the best way to go. Still sounds like hes being a bit of a bellend, am having to deal with a few as well along with a retailer going ghost on me....... :x

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Sundancer Squadron said:
hmmm bit of a difficult one then, maybe a partial refund is the best way to go. Still sounds like hes being a bit of a bellend, am having to deal with a few as well along with a retailer going ghost on me....... :x

Sorry to hear that mate.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
You can open a case and still message the seller for a partial refund, you need to open a case though. The seller does not need to do anything until you do that.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
You can open a case and still message the seller for a partial refund, you need to open a case though. The seller does not need to do anything until you do that.

Cheers mate, done.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Oh good, eBay is very good for buyers. Problem is it also relies on the buyers honesty.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom