Edd's Vintage Star Wars Video Games

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
As mentioned I have started branching out in to 'big box' PC games, mainly LucasArts one. Here's my haul so far, all of these are new and sealed:

pc-1.jpg

A big thanks to Shawn K who sourced a few of these for me from America :)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
And I thought this one deserved a post of its own as an oddball, Tie Fighter bundled with Joystick! :)

tie.jpg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I've been looking for these for months, they both turned up on eBay within a week of each other and arrived on the same day! :)

rogue.jpg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Finally managed to complete a run today, it's taken me nearly 2 years to find the final one which makes it a lot more rare than many MOCs! This is the full set of both Made in Japan and Made in Mexico SNES games :)

sw2.jpg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Cool games are the made in japan and mexico games different to play or is it the same game ?

They are the same game but apparently the 'rom' versions are not the same so there may be some minor differences. But I haven't played both so am not sure.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
Pomse2001 said:
Cool games are the made in japan and mexico games different to play or is it the same game ?

They are the same game but apparently the 'rom' versions are not the same so there may be some minor differences. But I haven't played both so am not sure.

Could be cool to know what the differences is ? maybe a different level or different enemies :shock:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Unfortunately it's usually nothing noticeable many games are updated for re-releases but it's just tidying up or debugging the code rather than changing visual things.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
Unfortunately it's usually nothing noticeable many games are updated for re-releases but it's just tidying up or debugging the code rather than changing visual things.

Ok, my brother also collect games. Not star wars games but other games and some games made in usa does not have the same levels or level monsters than there is in the same game from japan :shock:

So I thought maybe it was the same with some star wars games :?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Ah yes you're right sometimes for different regions there are differences, eg the character names in Street Fighter. But these are all USA games.

Princess Raya

Padawan
Hi Edd, just heard the podcast and came looking for this. Great interview and awesome collection. Since they're all sealed, does that mean you only play them on emulators? Ever tempted to pick up a loose copy of something and play it on a console for nostalgic reasons?

I have sadistically fond memories of TMNT on the NES. I swear I'll beat it one day, but it's bested me to date. :evil:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks mate, I also have most of the console games as loose carts to play, and most of the PC ones can be downloaded these days.

shawn_k

Sith Lord
Hey Edd, finally got around to listening to your interview on the podcast yesterday and had to come and revisit this thread. Great job!

It really is amazing how many variants there are out there and the collection you've been able to assemble. While things haven't spiked like SW I have noticed that prices have gone up as I've been thinning a few things from my video game collection for space reasons. However, it is still a very much affordable hobby to get in to.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Super chuffed with my latest pick up! Been on the look out for one of these for ages, and missed a BIN recently on eBay. It's the bottom centre one, Star Wars for the Game Boy with UK 'red strip' seal. Group shot with all my other Game Boy games :)

starwars.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom