Edd's Vintage Star Wars Video Games

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I've started thinning out a few of my more expensive pieces recently, but when this came up I couldn't let it get away! Very pleased to add it to the collection.

sw-nes.jpg

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Wonderful collection that evokes so many memories of playing on my brother's Super NES and then my own N64.

I must say my favourite SW game was Tie Fighter Squadron on the PC... but the only one I ever bought a whole new computer/system (well convinced my Mum I needed it for school), so that I could actually play it was Star Wars, on the BBC Micro, it was a vector graphics game (like Elite) that I seem to remember let you go down the Death Star trenches and shoot out the towers...

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
I think that you deserve every credit for making Star Wars computer games a focus of your collecting. It's a chunk of history and I'm willing to bet that nobody else is preserving it.

I don't have very many computer games in my collection because I don't have a personal connection to them. Then only Star Wars computer games I've ever played were at the sea side!

I made collecting Star Wars videos a focus of my collecting years ago (those lovely rare Beta versions) and like you, I collected as many foreign variations as possible. If people are really unlucky, I'll post a video focus here on the forum.

Craig.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
tiefighterboy said:
Sweet. I am surprised you do not have all the NES ones.

On the look out for them, but they tend to sell for quite a lot of money if sealed. I'm trying not to cave in and buy used copies of lots of them which are obviously a lot easier to find and cheaper!

At least you can play them if they aren't sealed, emulators suck.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
It's been a while since I've picked up anything new, but have been after this for ages. Annoyingly the postage/customs charges cost more than the game itself :lol: Would like to get more of the Lucas Arts big-box PC games.

b-wing.jpg

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Nice new addition Edd. Good to see you are still growing this collection slowly. 8)

Have you seen the game robpmarsh has put up in the LA thread??

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
jedi_masters said:
Nice new addition Edd. Good to see you are still growing this collection slowly. 8)

Have you seen the game robpmarsh has put up in the LA thread??

No mate, got a link?

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Blimey that takes me back seeing all those together! I played a few of them back in the day, love the Snes ones. Cool collection of games in lovely condition. I really enjoyed the video game chat in the podcast. We used to cain the ROTJ game in the arcade mid 80's. I've liked some of the Star Wars games over the years, I like battlefront on the PS2, but I still feel like there hasn't been a really good Star Wars first person shooter. I want to see one with the playability of Halo but in the Star Wars galaxy, I live in hope 8)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Robstyley said:
but I still feel like there hasn't been a really good Star Wars first person shooter. I want to see one with the playability of Halo but in the Star Wars galaxy, I live in hope 8)

Did you ever see Dark Forces on the PC? I thought that was very good.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Dark Forces and Jedi Knight were both excellent. Really held their own vs the other first person shooters of the day. Being able to use the force and a light sabre in JK was an added bonus! 8) They need to do a really good console shooter now...

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Cool X-Wing box :shock: I remember playing X-Wing in my younger days, damn it was hard and I always lost :cry:

Tie Fighter was better I have completed that game many times even with the extra levels :lol:

ZippyNL

Padawan
Great stuff. Just heard the X Wing and TIE Fighter have been released on GoG, might be time for me to finally play them! Excellent collection.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Another big box LucasArts PC game added to the collection, this wasn't a great game but I love the box :)

yoda-stories.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom