Edd's Vintage Star Wars Video Games

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
As you've probably noticed I haven't been collecting MOCs for a while now... But I have been collecting something else in the background :)

Here is my collection of Star Wars games from the 90s. All are new and sealed, apart from the 5 Japanese ones on the top row as they never came sealed (like Popy's!)

sw-games.jpg

ROW 1
Super Star Wars (SNES) (JAP)
Super Empire Strikes Back (SNES) (JAP)
Super Return of the Jedi (SNES) (JAP)
Shadows of the Empire (N64) (JAP)
Rogue Squadron (N64) (JAP)
Star Wars Arcade (Sega 32X) (USA)

ROW 2
Super Star Wars (SNES) (UK - 2nd issue)
Super Empire Strikes Back (SNES) (USA - 1st issue)
Super Return of the Jedi (SNES (USA - 2nd issue)
Shadows of the Empire (N64) (USA - 2nd issue)

ROW 3
Super Star Wars (SNES) (USA - 2nd issue)
Super Empire Strikes Back (SNES) (USA - 2nd issue)
Rogue Squadron (N64) (USA - 1st issue)

ROW 4
Super Star Wars (SNES) (USA - 3rd issue)
Star Wars (Game Boy) (USA - 2nd issue)
Flight of the Falcon (Game Boy Advance) (USA)
Super Return of the Jedi (Game Boy) (USA)
Super Return of the Jedi (Game Boy) (Italy)

There are lots of different countries, versions etc to collect so there's still plenty to go. I may also venture in to earlier ones too if I run out.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
tiefighterboy said:
Sweet. I am surprised you do not have all the NES ones.

On the look out for them, but they tend to sell for quite a lot of money if sealed. I'm trying not to cave in and buy used copies of lots of them which are obviously a lot easier to find and cheaper!

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
I hear you there. Some of the first NES games sealed go for mad money......but then again
no madder than prices for some vintage star wars items.

Joe

Grand Master
Awesome collection Edd! I remember playing a fair few of those!

shawn_k

Sith Lord
Nice run Edd! I love seeing the Japanese versions. I'd still like to add a Super Famicom to my collection someday.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
shawn_k said:
Nice run Edd! I love seeing the Japanese versions. I'd still like to add a Super Famicom to my collection someday.

Thanks Shawn, I got really lucky with the Japanese ROTJ, I was looking on Amazon and somebody had a UK copy listed but with 'Japanese version' in the description. Took a gamble and it turned out to be a minter. It's ridiculously rare for some reason, the loose cartridge sells for over £50 and the only boxed one I've seen on eBay in years sold for over £100, wasn't even in great condition.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi edd, great collection. I remember I played the 3 super nintendo games a lot when I was a kid. I also played the 3 games for amiga a lot.

So how many games are you still hunting ?

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
ESB on the SNES was kickass! Man I used to play that hoth level in the snowspeeder over and over. Good times! :D

Great collection Edd! 8)

Grant

Sith Lord
Quality run Ed. I remember really enjoying playing Shadows Of The Empires for N64 back in the 90s.

Regards

PGowdy

Grand Master
Loving these Edd. Been thinking about getting myself a Super Nintendo for a while. I miss Mario Kart. :(

Pomse2001

Grand Master
PGowdy said:
Loving these Edd. Been thinking about getting myself a Super Nintendo for a while. I miss Mario Kart. :(

The mario games was so funny, I hope you buy a super nintendo :D

e30318is

Sith Lord
Awesome collection there Edd 8) Are sealed games tough to find? They look fantastic, thanks for sharing

I have spent hours on the N64 playing Rogue Squadron and Shadows of the Empire. I love the battle over Hoth :wink: Good times!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Some sealed games are very hard to find and therefore expensive. I've been collecting these on and off for a few years, and have never seen UK copies of ESB or ROTJ sealed yet. But the USA SNES games are plentiful and cheap if you fancy a set. Some of these cost me quite a bit, but they are still cheap compared to many MOCs I've bought in the past :)

jackabina

Sith Lord
Happy days!! I managed to pick up boxed snes from a charity shop for £15. All the inserts were there, package was complete, even had about 6 games..............quality :wink:

Lee77

Sith Lord
Nice run Edd. The pictures bring back a lot of good memories. My favourite are the 3 on the Snes. Man, super star wars was a tough little ****er!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom