Christmas 1982

sparkysx

Sith Lord
www.igrewupstarwars.com have done a special little intro for my Christmas videos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McMgZSbSTGE&feature=youtu.be

Mwak73

Padawan
Ha, ha, I've just seen this post.... Years later..... And do you know what my initial reaction was?
(Aside from the nostalgia for Christmas back in the 80s).
I'm thinking I must be seeing a classic example at work, of the North/South divide 😂😉
A millennium falcon AND lots of other presents.... In the same Christmas???
The mind boggles.
It wouldn't have happened too often up this way (the good old county of Durham).
But then......gadzooks.....a video camera...in the home...in 1982?!!!
I didn't know anyone, in the whole village I grew up in, back then, that had even a video PLAYER until about 1985, never mind a camera to record stuff on as well.
What were the players to buy, back in the early 80s..... About £400 a time.
And adjusted for inflation, that's around £1600-£2000 if they were on sale today, new.
Our bloody car didn't cost that much 😂

PS..... If anyone actually reads this, please take it in the spirit it's written in..... Light hearted and tongue in cheek.
Mind you.... Everything I've said is true, so I'm guessing your family was doing ok for itself, to say the least.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
I was actually thinking about this yesterday. I too was 7 in 1982 and ripping figures off card,and ripping open boxes - I was an impatient little bastard :) I remember my old Nana buying me a 12
" Trooper, happy days.

Still pissed off my mum gave all my toys away to an horrible little bastard down the road......I remind her she was that close to becoming a divorced parent.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom