Celebration Europe limelight thread

spoons

Grand Master
Here's my only purchase, the mintest card I own 8)

HanHoth45Front.jpg

Here's a general pic of the crowds

July16th2007018.jpg

And just for Craig the group shot but with Mr. P wearing his watch on his left wrist :roll: :wink:

July16th2007022.jpg

lee gray

Sith Lord
Nice Han spoons, great overhead shot of the crowd too

I am also left handed but when I wear my watch it is also on my left arm

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
gonna have to sort a big meet up for november at birmingham inzi.bollocks says he has something special for the t shirts.

Jukesy

Sith Lord
jabbawokkie said:
gonna have to sort a big meet up for november at birmingham inzi.bollocks says he has something special for the t shirts.

Im up for the Brum one...if i remember :roll: Bollux you sending my t-shirt out Monday mate?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
phew just got back from the last day. it was equally good, met a few more people from here and RS/IOP. no more figures but i did manage to put this little lot together:

ce_coin_group.gif

8)
it was bloody hard work getting so many today, people were literally fighting over the coins by the end :lol: if anybody wants them, i've just put them on ebay ;)

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
Nice coins Edd, i didn't manage to get to any of the panels as my wife wouldn't sit through them :roll:

I didn't buy this at CE but picked it up from the AFA stand. They did a nice job with the casing to stop it moving around as the First Shots can be a bit fragile.

IMG_5401.jpg

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
A bit of an impulse buy as I've always wanted one but never seen one for sale that I could be sure was 100% genuine. Theres too many fakes on ebay. The last and only owner of this one was a former Kenner employee :wink: :D

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
That Vlix is terriffic mate.

I went on the Saturday, but didn't see half of what I wanted to. Just seemed far too busy to me and most of the vintage stuff appeared quite overpriced in my view. So I went again on Sunday. I just came away with a nice picture to frame. I stopped by the Palitoy Archive which I thought was great - but I didn't recognise anyone. Think I might have spotted Mr Palitoy - sorry I didn't say hi but I wasn't sure it was you. Also went to a few of the collector panels which were a highlight. I'm now not sure whether to try to collect the rest of the coins, or just sell the ones I have..... Also have a couple of duplicate coins that I may consider swapping - I will post in the swap forum if so.

vintagefan77

Padawan
edd_jedi said:
I know there's loads of threads about CE already, but I thought it would be good to see what each other picked up. So here's my little lot:

ce_day1_buys.gif

As you can see I got an esb 48b back Luke Bespin (I think this is quite rare, you don't usually see ones this late with blonde hair?) a saga vintage style one, and 2 of the medallions (Luke and R2-D2.) I was quite impressed with what was on offer, even if most of it was over-priced.

That was one of the only vintage MOC figures I would've bought (if I hadn't been so skint lately) :)

Think it was up at Ã'£185 on the Friday :D

lee gray

Sith Lord
Darth Wensleydale said:
On another note I just sold my used friday pass for 15 quid

some ppl buy any ole **** lol

I know!! I just sold one of mine for the same. I thought I'd give it a go as I was just going to chuck it out otherwise. WTF is going on?? :shock:
I wish now i had asked for everyones as they left the event :) I was only checking ebay for celebration europe stuff
and see a couple had bids of nearly 20 quid and I couldnt believe it and so i thought i would give it a go and it sold within 5 minutes but suprisingly not to an american but someone who lived in london who could have just gone to the event themselves

it sure was a get quick rich event for freebies and used bits and bobs :)

only thing I regret is ripping my all my post cards up or writing on them as see some sold for a tenner each !

inzaman

Sith Lord
mash said:
didn't buy this at CE but picked it up from the AFA stand. They did a nice job with the casing to stop it moving around as the First Shots can be a bit fragile.
that is a cracking buy matey the holy grail piece but
is that the right gun with it???

have a look at this photo

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=42049.html
I wonder if the first shot came with a different gun as opposed to a production model. It does look a great piece though.

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
The Glasslite version came with a different gun which is really hard to find apparently (I think its a black snowtrooper gun). This is the Kenner First Shot which was never actually released. The colours are slightly different (brighter) than the Glasslite and theres blue paint on the boots. The gun intended for release with it was the AT-AT drivers gun. I think there is only one sealed carded example (a mock-up) which James Gallo in the US has 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom