www.moviemaniauk.co.uk DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
I'm really not having much luck with trying other retailers for all things starwars am I.......

Ok so here goes.

Checked their site, all seems legit even a brick and morter store. So I decided id pull the trigger on the Hot toys Delux Endor luke that they had in stock and received payment and processing confirmation email. All good, this was April the 9th. Its now the 20th and I have yet to receive anything, I sent two further emails asking for an update and to check that everything is ok. Yes I know, with everything that is going on I kind of expected a bit of a delay with postage and so on, and I'm not that much of an arse to see that as an issue.

First second and third email have gone ignored, not a reply so I thought id phone them. No response, tried three separate phone calls throughout the day and got no answer. So i'm thinking, am I just being an unreasonable cnut? I thought id post a little thing here asking if that was the case, got home from work today and thought yeah ill try them again and yup nothing. Maybe I am inpatient, but surely when someone purchases £300 worth of stuff from you, an email or some form of communication would be nice right?

Now I don't do Facebook, and I don't do twitter or other social media and I really do not want to go and create an account just to post something out in the public, as maybe there is a genuine reason. I managed to look on their Facebook page and this is what I see

https://en-gb.facebook.com/moviemaniauk/

Then I look a little further

https://en-gb.facebook.com/pg/moviemaniauk/reviews/?ref=page_internal

Great, so is this yet another retailer going to pull a Darkside Toys on me?

To think I held off buying a hot toys Maul as well from them.........

Anyone know them had any dealings, or near them? Thoughts?

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I am really sorry to hear this mate hopefully it's not a darkside toy's situation but possibly furloughed staff and cant
keep up with emails and demand for who ever if anyone is left.

Fingers crossed for you it all gets sorted.

lejackal

Grand Master
I would stick in a PayPal claim. Failing that:

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

This is the small claims court, low initial cost to do and they have to pay your costs when you win

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Cheers, yes I honestly was putting it down to that assumption Stubbs and id be completely fine if that was the case. Further findings leaving me with a oh for **** sake feeling sadly.

No excuse for it, id be interested in hearing from anyone else whos had or has issues with the retailer.

I should of really asked if putting this up here was acceptable with other forum members but id rather no one else gets stung, maybe an idea to have a thread with recommended UK based retailers for forum members. And as for those found to be wanting, simple name of company in red text with a list of forum members ok with discussing it in private should people wish to know.

Tit turds everywhere..... :x

Palifan

Sith Lord
Sorry to hear this and it does all look legit even though I've never had any dealing with them so maybe people aren't in at work right now which is slowing things.

There must be a manager or owner who is checking in on things so you're right to be annoyed that you haven't had any correspondence back but I've definitely waited longer than than you've been waiting of late for something to come through the post so it could still be a delay in the post with all that's going on.

I would give it a little longer to see what happens before taking action (unless someone on here knows about them), and hopefully things will come right.

I can really see your frustration, especially with the money you've spent and hopefully this will all work out.

Ian

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Way to many red flags with this one, and it appears im not the only one. Yes you are right about waiting, and normally id of done so especially with what is going on. The number of completely ignored emails, phone calls and finding others going back to January and some from last year having exactly the same issue sent the flags up for me.

They are being looked into now, so will see what happens...

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Just a small update as some of you have asked, and a thank you for the support both public and privately it was appreciated. I decided to go through the bank and requested a charge back, rather than going through the small claims court as that would be last resort. Today I just got the sum refunded into my account but its still pending a few more investigations so not fully out of the woods just yet but its a good step in the right direction.

If another forum member or reader has the same issue with them, or maybe with another retailer id look into giving it a go. I'v had it with shady toy retailers this year and last, time to bite back. :twisted:

Palifan

Sith Lord
Sundancer Squadron said:
Just a small update as some of you have asked, and a thank you for the support both public and privately it was appreciated. I decided to go through the bank and requested a charge back, rather than going through the small claims court as that would be last resort. Today I just got the sum refunded into my account but its still pending a few more investigations so not fully out of the woods just yet but its a good step in the right direction.

If another forum member or reader has the same issue with them, or maybe with another retailer id look into giving it a go. I'v had it with shady toy retailers this year and last, time to bite back. :twisted:

Thanks for the update and this sounds promising at least. At this point even if everything is above board with them they this shows them that they really do need to respond to buyers or they will simply lose money.

Fingers crossed for you and let us all know the outcome.

Ian

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
And out of the woods I step, whilst the legal stuff is kept behind closed doors with the bank I'm no longer out of pocket. Sadly though, with every couple of days others are popping up from the barely fields and seem to be indecisive in action. I don't do Facebook so cant post on their page otherwise id give it a kick, or maybe poke his personal page.

Not a word from the company though, nothing. Sad really, I'm all for supporting small businesses and individuals but it seems that we have snakes in the grass.

To bad, I'm rather partial to snake..... :shock: :lol:

Palifan

Sith Lord
Sundancer Squadron said:
And out of the woods I step, whilst the legal stuff is kept behind closed doors with the bank I'm no longer out of pocket. Sadly though, with every couple of days others are popping up from the barely fields and seem to be indecisive in action. I don't do Facebook so cant post on their page otherwise id give it a kick, or maybe poke his personal page.

Not a word from the company though, nothing. Sad really, I'm all for supporting small businesses and individuals but it seems that we have snakes in the grass.

To bad, I'm rather partial to snake..... :shock: :lol:

Good to know that it's all sorted for you now but not so good for others in the same situation. You're right though that it is a shame for trying to support small businesses, it can't help but put you off trusting someone who's not so established but this is obviously one company that we can all do without.

Ian

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Two retailers now, Darkside toys now this one. Whats really bothering me now is that they are updating the news feed for latest products on their page, very new pre orders going up for various Hot toys/Sideshow products and others. Some will not know anything until weeks after a preorder is meant to dispatch.....

Not sure what else I can do really, any ideas?

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Well, I did a bit of digging and pretty much caught him out. so basically he is taking money through his online store and under the radar selling the items through ebay.....I asked for an update to give him a chance to explain whats going on, hes obviously realised hes been found and that I purchased through his store.

Complete radio silence since

Attachments

• 4f97b430d46b5ba705f3d3810ba1021f.png
    4f97b430d46b5ba705f3d3810ba1021f.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 2f9715bea3fb5e35b194172fe2e268af.png
    2f9715bea3fb5e35b194172fe2e268af.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 76

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
A little update, and this tit turd is still at it.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/moviemania-br

Hes also recently listed shop/store POS shelving units that have recently been removed from his shop so I can only assume he is going to close up and run, so he has been to his store to do this as well as and I have word hes often in the store packing stuff to post (for ebay). He has made zero effort to contact me, no responses to emails or phonecalls. The best bit is, his bank is trying to challenge the chargeback made against him. Some buyers are out close to 1k, id hate to think how much more with the preorders that he has live.

Surprised no one posting on his facebook page has found his ebay handle......

So, from April 9th to June 14th and not a word from him apart from his responses on ebay until he realised I had purchased through the website, all coms' since then are cold..

Sad really, like I said I try to be fair and give everyone a chance as we all know life happens and so on but this takes the cake really. Any chance someone could post a link to this page on his business facebook page for others to read or would it be unsavoury?

Irritated......

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Well I might as well update this, his bank tried to challenge the charge back made against him but unfortunately with everything that's going on I have had nothing further. Whilst I was refunded, I can only assume its still pending further investigation.

Heh what can you do.... :roll: :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom