Car Boot Sales

chiffy

Sith Lord
fuzzybuzzytoys said:
chiffy said:
There was a 12 inch vintage Fett yesterday on our local car boot for £3 but i still passed on it as it was the usual snapped antenna, no cape, weapons and was about as loosed limbed as Julian Clarey!

I would have had that

I'll get you it next week if it's still there, maybe even for £2 lol :wink:

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
chiffy said:
fuzzybuzzytoys said:
chiffy said:
There was a 12 inch vintage Fett yesterday on our local car boot for £3 but i still passed on it as it was the usual snapped antenna, no cape, weapons and was about as loosed limbed as Julian Clarey!

I would have had that

I'll get you it next week if it's still there, maybe even for £2 lol :wink:

Please do. :)

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
Today's haul. One loose Big Trax which is something I remember being after as a kid and never got. It's the vintage one too, not the reissue. And a Sony Walkman so I can tell my iPod loving daughter exactly where it all started. Not a sniff if vintage Star Wars ... again

poncho

Grand Master
i actually did carboot this weekend! while it was quite had a look at other stalls...no vintage. i did buy a street fighter circa (1993) for the mega drive for 50p :lol:

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
They was a MIB BigTrak as a Tombola prize today.

They was also a guy with a tub of well played with mainly ROTJ vintage figures wanting £8 each! :roll:

Mrleemur

Jedi Knight
Only few tatty bits of modern down my way, few VHS, all in all crap this week.

Only thing that caught my eye was a Gibson Les Paul, but who's going to spend £400 on something at a car boot, seems far too cheap be genuine anyway!!

x-pack

Grand Master
Yeh, **** that. It's not like you can even plug it to test the damn thing. For £400 there's got to be a catch. They go for over a grand on Evilbay

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
I've not been to a Car Boot for several years now, only ever seen well played with loose figures. I think most people have got wise and sell online.

At a car boot buyers expect stuff to be dirt cheap, which often isn't the case

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
i go to denham carboot most saturday's its massive! i get there for 8 and finish walking around the whole thing at 12, your eyes start to go blurry there's so much to look at, now and again i find loose vintage figures but thats about it.

20 years ago my dad would drag me around a few carboots and i would get loads back then, picked up a complete falcon and even a few last 17 figures.

Snake_eyes_82

Jedi Master
I went to a couple when I was living in London I went to one in pimlico and it was Dog **** it was supposed to be some huge deal.
It would be cool if they had stuff like that here, but I'm pretty certain that dosent happen!

But I did used to go to a wicked one around 2003 in croft Leicestershire when I lived at home that was bloody awesome boxes and boxes of figs comics B movies allsorts!

x-pack

Grand Master
Couple of years ago i went to the one in Preston and there were some second hand nipple tassels for sale :?

Mrleemur

Jedi Knight
I think as a general rule these day the internet has ruined getting a bargain on anything second hand.

You used to rely on the fact that people didn't really know the worth of what they were selling, obviously they can look it up now.

That and back in the day, your audience was who ever could be bothered to drive to the car boot, not it's the whole world on the internet!!

poncho

Grand Master
passed on vintage kenner esb yoda hand puppet loose at the weekend...didnt ask the guy how much though. should of now in hindsight might of been a bargain. seller had funny look, bet he wanted a fortune :lol:

Garydo

Padawan
I found a well worn biker scout and wicket and 2 80s ninja turtles last sunday, which I bought for my nipper. Cost me 50p :D

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
Wow, vintage Star Wars turning up at the car boot sales!

My car booty this weekend was poor in comparison (so much so I wasnt going to bother to post this week). Found a bunch of Power Ranger figures and Marvel figures (including a cool Hulk). Was excited about a bunch of Turtle figures but on closer inspection they turned out to be McDonalds toys.

Heres to next Sunday in the sunshine!

Garydo

Padawan
Yeah there was a whole box of 80s toys, mainly ghost busters and turtles. Should have bought more now thinking about it but I only bought what my lad wanted. will be back at the weekend though :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom