Car Boot Sales

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
I get up every Sunday morning, hangover or no hangover, and attend the many car boot sales round here in Bournemouth. It's a lovely way to start a Sunday .. well sometimes.

Well today was the first time, in god knows how many car boots, that I actually found vintage Star Wars. Granted they were crappy condition loosies, but was well chuffed.

So has anyone else ever found vintage Star Wars at a car boot?

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Not for many many years. Remember the days when my dad used to take me over to our local one and you would find Star Wars everywhere. I do still hold out hope of finding some at my local one now some day!!

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Found a POTF2 expanded universe speeder bike and a box of repo weapons. :roll:

Still looking for that blue snaggletooth

Richard_H

Grand Master
Car boot is where you load your unwanted crap into the boot (trunk) of your car and drive to a venue. set the crap up on a table and sell it to others.

I saw a MOC Hammerhead a couple of years ago but didn't touch it as it looked wrong. The guy didn't know what it was.

poncho

Grand Master
this year i found a moc tri logo gammorean guard for £10 on may 4th incidently :lol:
a matchbox with some vintage weapons in which i was well chuffed with pure vintage as it was covered empire stickers from back in the day. And i picked up a mint loosie last weekend to be put in the LA thread soon when i get chance to take a picture of it. all local carboots :)

there is vintage at carboots its just the starwars stuff goes early as the dealers pillage between 7am-9am...well as soon as the public are aloud in really, if i was single and younger this is what i would be doing hitting the carboots early. i dont get too them till after 11am if im lucky...the joys of being a parent lol

Frunkstar

Grand Master
God I miss car boots, used to be up bright & early every Sunday without fail when I lived in the city, the only day I ever get up bright & early though - mornings, WTF are they about eh :lol: I watched breakfast TV once, glad I'm usually asleep :mrgreen:

rob71

Sith Lord
I probably attended about 40 of the things and only ever found half a dozen figures in crappy condition and with no weapons... didn't stop the sellers wanting over the odds for them though

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
My find was crappy but only a few pence. Was chuffed. Found a load of Spiderman stuff too which were great. And Power Rangers

Man, Im a such a ****ing geek.

Garydo

Padawan
I have indeed, had a really good find at my local booty. There was a guy selling off his entire vintage collection dirt cheap, and he had a lot. I had a loose dv tie fighter, tie interceptor with broken wing clips though, x wing, a boxed millenium falcon, 10 moc jedi an tri logo figures a (bit rough though) and a hand full of loose figs including pop up sabre r2. After a trip to the bank I handed over 60 notes and went home a happy man :D . I just wish I had more money at the time because he had so much more.
That was around 10 years ago now. Never seen anything like that before and probably never will again. only found a few loose figures, vintage bat mobiles and things since.

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
Yesterday saw a Gamorrean Guard Nikto, Wequay, Chewie, Logray guy wanted 50p each for em. All missing clothing accessories I have no need for em so left them there.
I am always out buying up vinyl though and picked up this nice 50s vintage German desk calendar for £2

desk-calendar-461x461.jpg

Garydo

Padawan
I still go when I can. Havent seen anything decent for a good while now. Makes me wonder whether any one has any gems left in their attics. I don't think ebay helps with car bootys these days.

.Q.

Jedi Master
Love the desk calendar Pigcity, really stylish, great find for £2.

It's mostly modern mostly overpriced SW at the boot fairs I've been to but did find a Lili Ledy Gam guard hidden amoung a pile of Dengars, Niktos and Lograys. Had no idea it was Ledy until I got the chunky chap home and checked the COO guides. He's faded to grey but can't complain for 50p! :D

My brother found me a beaten up die-cast Falcon and a 12" Vader, with cape but no sabre. Again, for small change, so all good. 8)

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
I used to pick up a few things at Boot sales.

At Dunton and Collier Row last summer there were a couple of Vintage regulars, not cheap, but not to expensive. I got my boxed ESB Palitoy X-Wing for £25 and a boxed ATST for £20. Lots of loosies too.

I also remember just missing out on a load of vintage at Dunton, one bloke had a tatty Falcon, he said he had just sold a load of his childhood collection, one bloke took it all, about £2 per figure and a couple of vehicles. :cry: I am never organised enough to get there early to find these bargains.

chiffy

Sith Lord
There was a 12 inch vintage Fett yesterday on our local car boot for £3 but i still passed on it as it was the usual snapped antenna, no cape, weapons and was about as loosed limbed as Julian Clarey!

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
chiffy said:
There was a 12 inch vintage Fett yesterday on our local car boot for £3 but i still passed on it as it was the usual snapped antenna, no cape, weapons and was about as loosed limbed as Julian Clarey!

I would have had that

x-pack

Grand Master
Car boots are where i started collecting :D Used to go down Preston flag market every Thursday, even went before school on my bike. There was a guy who had loads of Star Wars and other collectibles. He was there every week. On the stalls i found a boxed Scout Walker, my 12" Chewie, some MOCs, and loads of cool loosies. If he didn't have the one i wanted the bloke would take an order. Miss those days.

My dad's pub had a huge car park and there was a market on every bank holiday. Saw untold amounts of cut price ROTJ figures. Boxes full of 'em for 50p - £1. Mostly Reeyees/Rebel Soldier but you know, wouldn't turn them down now :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom