Can I do anything about buyer on eBay

jayjedi

Sith Lord
I sold an original Y wing gun, sent it an now have a buyer sending me a photo of what looks like a 3D printed one claiming I am ripping him off

This is the reply I got
"Could you please explain why I have not received the original one I purchased as per the listing, the one you have sent is not an original take it from me I have over 30 years experience in Star Wars original vintage vehicle parts and this at a guess is a 3d printed version. Please advise if you are sending the original or supplying a full refund before I open dispute. "

I checked my Star Wars parts box and I have defiantly not sent a modern one by mistake, have any of you had dealings with or Know the buyer? Any help much appreciated

1702634426666.png

jayjedi

Sith Lord
Hi Lejackal, Yes that is the photo he sent, my original listing is at the top, so hopefully you can see the photos of the item I sent
His name is Robert O'Neil and his eBay seller name is roneill1888

lejackal

Grand Master
Looking at that pic and yours it's the same gun imo, the flashing from productions looks to match up. Maybe hes concerned about the flashing as there's quite a bit. That or he's just scamming.
Ask him to open a return, then accept it.
he'll get a refund once the item is returned. When you receive it back video opening up the package in case he switches it.

jayjedi

Sith Lord
Thanks and I will, his feedback looks honest enough, I just couldn't see the marks to the plastic on the rear of the base as on mine but his picture angle doesn't highlight it but I will definatly record the return opening, cheers

jayjedi

Sith Lord
I have asked the guy to return it nicely and got this

"Yes sorry this is not an original part at all I'm afraid it's is a modern harder plastic polymer resin which was 100% not even available when the original Y wing was manufactured.
It is very inconvenient I have been sent this and that I have to be return, if you want I will accept it at the same price of the 5.99 copies on Ebay with a partial refund save us the hassle and negative feedback."

What do you think ?

I am not sure I should write what I think

poncho

Grand Master
If hes that padantic about originality why Is he suggesting that hes willing too keep at the price of reproduction one. Sounds weird. Us starwars collector are odd but that's just odd behaviour. I'd want a straight refund if it were me.

lejackal

Grand Master
I have asked the guy to return it nicely and got this

"Yes sorry this is not an original part at all I'm afraid it's is a modern harder plastic polymer resin which was 100% not even available when the original Y wing was manufactured.
It is very inconvenient I have been sent this and that I have to be return, if you want I will accept it at the same price of the 5.99 copies on Ebay with a partial refund save us the hassle and negative feedback."

What do you think ?

I am not sure I should write what I think
He's taking the pee. He knows it's fine, he's a scummy scammy ****.

Stick to your guns and make him use the eBay returns process

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
What a prick, you could open a case with eBay saying he's lied about the item received. Even if you do it once he's sent it back. If you do it before he sends it eBay may make him pay for the return. EBay is getting better at dealing with these time wasters. I had a case like this and I wouldn't back down and insisted the buyer was lying and had received the item as described. My case was for a sale through the GSP. EBay refunded the buyer and I didn't loose anything.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
He's just trying it on…the fun world of eBay.
What is happening to the world, there are more and more self entitled twats in every walk of life.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
The minute someone tries to use threat of negative feedback to pressure you into something eBay instantly protects you - they really take a dim view on that kinda **** behaviour

jayjedi

Sith Lord
So I put the guys post code in, and did a search for "Star Wars replacement" and the first hit within 5 mile radius was this guy was this seller
It is something I have done in the past when I have had an issue and yes I know its a bit stalkerish but it is a bloody coincidence :ROFLMAO:

jayjedi

Sith Lord
Even more of a coincidence, either genuine or replica Star Wars items that Robert bought and received feedback for, replicas have popped up for sale on the GMB Engineering site. It might be worth me buying something with MY other eBAy account just to see if the address is the same... God I need a hobby :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Even more of a coincidence, either genuine or replica Star Wars items that Robert bought and received feedback for, replicas have popped up for sale on the GMB Engineering site. It might be worth me buying something with MY other eBAy account just to see if the address is the same... God I need a hobby :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Nice work Jayjedi, looks very suspicious…

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Also because he has threatened negative feedback, you will be able to get it removed if he does :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom