Bring on South Africa! Well done England

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Gives you something to look forward to next summer.I just can't be doing with the folk at work who don't even know what a football is and then they want time off to watch the world cup :roll:
Just makes it more difficult for real fans to watch the games,at least they shold be decent KO times and South Africa has a similar time to us in the UK........I think. :)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Sod Scotland, we might still sneak in! All we have to do is beat the Czech Republic in Prague and hope for results to go our way! Every chance! :roll:

jayjedi

Sith Lord
for the first time in years i think we have a good chance of progressing to the latter stages of the competition

unlucky scotland :lol:

spoons

Grand Master
jayjedi said:
for the first time in years i think we have a good chance of progressing to the latter stages of the competition

I agree Jay, it's just a pity I can't stand half our team, Lampard, Terry, Gerrard, Rooney and Cole - all tossers :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Far too early to talk about having a chance of winning it, FFS Rooney could break his leg (or Metatarsal, AGAIN) and Gerrard of fat frank could do cruiciates.
Wait until April or May and then speculate!

BTW, that Slovakia side aren't bad at all, no chance of winning it, but they could scare a few decent sides. NO super-stars by my god they work hard, and they are all over 6 foot tall. The wee lad Weis (I think he's at Man City) looked a class act.

jayjedi

Sith Lord
spoons said:
jayjedi said:

I agree Jay, it's just a pity I can't stand half our team, Lampard, Terry, Gerrard, Rooney and Cole - all tossers :lol:

no doubt you support the arsenal players in the team ......errr :lol:

spoons

Grand Master
jayjedi said:
spoons said:
jayjedi said:

no doubt you support the arsenal players in the team ......errr :lol:

it might help i suppose :wink:

I did cheer when Eduardo scored :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
All that depends on the groups and what kind of draw you get!
You should be looking for a 1/4 final spot at least, especially in light of the fact the have about the best qualified manager in world football!
Although, the media always spend 6 months bumming England up to be the greatest team the world has ever seen ever ever ever, and then when they inevitably choke and lose, suddenly for the next 2 months they are all a bunch of useless over paid wankers!
Gets kinda monotonous for those of us, who aren't English!

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Having a chat about this at work today with a few of the lads and one of 'em came up with a good point.
'Only real decent team we have played recently is Spain and they totally outclassed us'
as far as England winning the world cup it kinda killed off the discussion.

plantman

Sith Lord
I do have a good feeling about the squad, but lets get realistic about the group we won "dramatically" with two games to go.....we should piss on all the teams in that group with no excuses, we got what we should expect of a team like ours.

Not complaining though, if it gets spirits up then great :)

browny

Jedi Master
We have played spain and holland recently and looked well out of our depth in both games,although we did play away.

I really hope both irish teams go through,excellent fans from both sides.

I think lennon could well be the main man next year,lets not forget young wilshere either,I dont go much on fat frank at all,good at pens and thats about it!

slim

Sith Lord
england will fail yet again in south africa , dont forget they will be playing at a high altitude as well . england qualifed from a group which includes Ukraine / Belarus / Kazakhstan / Andorra and all you here is they will win the world cup ! bollocks :lol:

slim

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom