Big day tomorrow at Vectis

Palifan

Sith Lord
Interesting auction prices and maybe people have thought a bit more about adding the commission onto their bidding prices, this would then bring the final price realised closer to the estimates.

Hopefully Craig is still happy with his returns although I wonder if the person who paid 8K for the FX-7 the other day is kicking themselves now (and maybe the person who was outbid on that one has just saved some serious money). It looks like IG-88 could be the trickiest one to get of the first 10 30 backs released looking at the amount it went for. Perhaps the news of this box of 48 coming up for sale soon has also affected things slightly?

Still, some happy people out there I'm sure who may now have even managed to complete their 30 back run……..anyone? :D

Ian

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
Interesting auction prices and maybe people have thought a bit more about adding the commission onto their bidding prices, this would then bring the final price realised closer to the estimates.

Hopefully Craig is still happy with his returns although I wonder if the person who paid 8K for the FX-7 the other day is kicking themselves now (and maybe the person who was outbid on that one has just saved some serious money). It looks like IG-88 could be the trickiest one to get of the first 10 30 backs released looking at the amount it went for. Perhaps the news of this box of 48 coming up for sale soon has also affected things slightly?

Still, some happy people out there I'm sure who may now have even managed to complete their 30 back run……..anyone? :D

Ian

This was 30 backs. The mystery box is full of 12 backs.

Jason

sith-smith

Grand Master
I'm surprised the han hoth went so high. I'd have thought he was the most common along with hrs, Lando and lobotomy.

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
sith-smith said:
I'm surprised the han hoth went so high. I'd have thought he was the most common along with hrs, Lando and lobotomy.

That Hoth Stromtrooper went high too considering it had the dodgy cape. That would have driven me insane!!

sith-smith

Grand Master
To be fair I still think in old money, where the basic 30 backs were £2-300 and the rarer ones (excluding fett) were £5-750

So it all seems really high to me

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Andyclarke said:
No offence to Craig but I'm glad the prices are coming down. Vectis were getting stupidly greedy. I think we can see the reality is there aren't many people who can afford the stupid prices and once the ones with the big money have sodded off we can get back to purchasing the stuff at normal prices.

Lets hope so. As someone who has only recently got back into collecting its a bit disheartening knowing i'll never be able to afford these pieces - the boats well and truly sailed regarding early Palitoy cards for a lot of us.

Palifan

Sith Lord
mr_palitoy said:
Palifan said:

Ian

This was 30 backs. The mystery box is full of 12 backs.

That's what I thought was in that box but someone on the other thread said that they'd heard there were 3, 30 back Boba Fetts in there. They said they'd heard this from a reliable source although I wasn't sure if they were joking.

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24179&start=90

I'm sure by the time this box goes to auction that it will be filled with just Boba Fetts and large head Hans :lol:

Ian

sith-smith

Grand Master
Does Vectis have the box?

I think the biggest impact on the prices is the fact that there have been so many sell recently that a lot of the big money collectors have what was there.

Logically, when bidding the highest price is between the highest two bidders. Once the higher bidder has the piece, the next one to turn up is potentially between the next two highest bidders and that can mean a lot lower price. Just look at the Fx7. From 7 down to just over 2k.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
I think the prices on these deserved to go a bit higher than the average because most of them are unpunched, they have little wear, are solid AFA 80s up to 85s, and all have clear bubbles.

When you look at recent public sales or those for sale at the moment, most have some flaw that might put people off, there are a couple of Y bubbles on ebay at the moment for example.

So while most didn't get near the estimates which everyone thought were high, I think they did pretty well. I'm sure Craig would've liked some bonkers bidders like the recent FX7 or the Imperial Commander that went for £4k+, but they held up pretty well.

We'd never know, but I wonder if the amount of recent sales and occasional mad prices have discouraged a lot of people from even bothering with 30s at the moment. Plenty of comments on these forums that this might be the case.

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Palitoyman said:
That is amazing, the Luke Bespin 30 Back B card, two known examples, that in effect puts it rarer than the 30 back B Boba Fett, but probably not as desirable, am I right in assuming this?

With regard to the estimates on Craig's second vectis auction, I think one or two are slightly off the mark but generally are pretty much the going rate, Palitoy MOC's are big business nowadays, especially 30 back Empire cards, I think people need to get with the times and realise that they can't pick up these pieces for £1000 anymore, start living in the real world!!!

Good luck Craig, hope you get the prices that the figures deserve!!!

There are always exceptions and potential bargains around, I managed to pick up 2 30 bkMOC's last year for £750 a piece and they weren't Lando or Lobot.
I honestly thought the estimates were too high, and few of these seem to be cropping up more and more often and like Gaz has said, more supply will lower price, simple economics.
I got outbid on a few bits, but not bothered, happy with what I have these days and still have some nice cards

It is amazing how prices have risen in recent years though.

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
Hi everyone,

I have posted a response to my auction at the non-public "off topic" section

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24286

Thanks,

Craig.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom