Big day tomorrow at Vectis

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
Hi all,

I'm about to get my train. Tomorrow is a really big day. I'll look forward to anyone who can make it. It promises to be a real occasion.

Apologies for not commenting on many of the auction related threads. I've suffered a well timed internet outage - and have been rushed off of my feet.

If anyone is bidding - I wish you all the best!

Craig.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Simply Sci-fi said:
Hi all,

I'm about to get my train. Tomorrow is a really big day. I'll look forward to anyone who can make it. It promises to be a real occasion.

Apologies for not commenting on many of the auction related threads. I've suffered a well timed internet outage - and have been rushed off of my feet.

If anyone is bidding - I wish you all the best!

Craig.

Shoulda got Vectis to send you a limo, they'll be making afew quid tomorrow because of your stuff :D

Good luck with the sales

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Best of luck with this Craig - some amazing pieces

Hopefully we'll see some of those items popping up in the LA thread in the coming weeks from our forum members.

phreatobite

Jedi Master
Maybe a stupid question but back in the day could you walk into a toy shop and buy one of these Pali Boba's?

If so, why did only a few survive?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
phreatobite said:
Maybe a stupid question but back in the day could you walk into a toy shop and buy one of these Pali Boba's?

The vast majority of MOCs in circulation are over-stock from either stores clearing them out or direct from factories. That's why (even excluding Toy Toni) there is a seemingly endless supply of certain figures on certain cardbacks, while there are very few left of others.

That's why generally main characters from the first two films on their original cardbacks are the most expensive now, there was no over-stock of them so the only ones left are the few saved by random people.

theslider

Sith Lord
Also I think Edd that at the time most kids got their Boba Fett via the mail away offer - it was the first Palitoy mail away wasn't it? So maybe there were less Fett's carded? Just a theory.

Starzone

Padawan
theslider said:
Also I think Edd that at the time most kids got their Boba Fett via the mail away offer - it was the first Palitoy mail away wasn't it? So maybe there were less Fett's carded? Just a theory.

That's exactly right....

I would estimate 8-10 are known to have survived, but with all this hype and publicity maybe more will come out the woodwork

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
Starzone said:
theslider said:

That's exactly right....

I would estimate 8-10 are known to have survived, but with all this hype and publicity maybe more will come out the woodwork

There are definitely less carded Boba Fetts around because he was short packed by Palitoy, which was more concerned with keeping shops supplied with the main characters. Back then Fett was little more than a minor character.

I'm obviously very pleased with the result of the auction and I have high hopes for the second part which will be all 30 backs. I'll post more details soon!

Craig.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom