Bargain of the year!!

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Should be OK to put this up here now as the auction ended a week ago

If only I'd seen these 3 days earlier :cry: :shock:

I won't post a link yet just in case. worst part is the seller accepted an offer on the Nikto so it sold for even less. Guess it proves one thing that there are still amazing scores to be had, if you're quick enough.

0Shot%202015-11-28%20at%204.20.20%20pm_zps0uvzkhup.png

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Holy **** :shock: Looks like a case of someone having 1995 prices in their head when listing. I take it the seller is genuine?

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Yeah looks legit all have the same type price sticker apparently he purchased them all back in the 80s. Obviously didn't know their worth proably based his price off a loose yak. Feel a bit sorry for the seller tbh.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
BlueDog said:
Yeah looks legit all have the same type price sticker apparently he purchased them all back in the 80s. Obviously didn't know their worth proably based his price off a loose yak. Feel a bit sorry for the seller tbh.

He obviously knew they were worth something as 800 dollars isn't small change. About 2 minutes on the internet would have revealed their true value. I don't get why people don't bother to do some research.

poncho

Grand Master
:shock:

Anakin is worth the most i believe followed by nikto then yak. Am i right. 800$ equates too about 600£. Bargains indeed. Your right people should do there homework before selling!

lejackal

Grand Master
poncho said:
:shock:

Anakin is worth the most i believe followed by nikto then yak. Am i right. 800$ equates too about 600£. Bargains indeed. Your right people should do there homework before selling!
Its Aus $ so £380-400ish I think.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
:shock: What a result for someone, wander if they will all reappear in a couple days for their true value.

How much should these have really been, about £2000 each?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I'd say a bit more than that. Depends on condition though, and the pictures ain't great. Either way a bargain for the buyer.

bradley1360

Padawan
yes bargains indeed $800 aus is £370 :D
the guy that put in offer on nikto was lucky someone didnt press buy it now :)
probably buyer within australia as they were not worldwide auctions

dont get those prices on vectis auctions lol

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
I think the seller got less than 10% of the true value here. And someone just got three holy grail pieces for a once in a lifetime price.

But all's fair in love and war. You put something up with a buy it now, particularly when you're talking a month's salary for three toy figures, then I don't see it as the duty of anyone to step in and say "hey, do you know what these are REALLY worth?" Similarly, to a certain extent, with people accepting an offer to end an auction early; don't tell me there isn't an element of greed involved in the belief they're saving 15% in fees. I know, I've ended sales early in the past and on reflection I don't think I've done well in any single one of them! Once I sold 4 X 2000AD pages of art (that I'd paid £10 a page for about 8 years earlier) for £60 a page. Immediately after ending the auction I learnt it was worth £180-£200 a page. OK, so the buyer wasn't on my Christmas list but I only had myself to blame. That said, disgustingly low offers to uninformed folk or non-collectors is nowt short of fraud. It's a fine line.

The most bizarre thing about that is a disappointed bidder guessed who the buyer was and got in touch with him to express his displeasure. A week later, out of the blue a cheque from the buyer for an extra £100 landed on my door mat. I hadn't spoken to the buyer since he bought the art. Bloody eBay :lol:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
poncho said:
It annoys me when auctions end early. Let them run and everyone gets a chance.

Quite so. Took me a few years to work out that the only person who gains an advantage in ending an auction is the buyer. And it takes the fun out of running an auction anyway!

lililedy1976

Gday all my name is Steve
Ive just signed up and i am the buyer of the 3 moc potf any way heres the story
The listing was buy it now no auction.I went and picked up items from double bay in Sydney about 100kms from me.
I only had $2200in the bank(I'm poor welfare benefits) so i bought the Anakin and Yak face then put an offer in for 600 on the Nikto. 5 minutes later i bought Nikto outright and asked me brother to lend me 200 bucks.
The guy i got these from just retired he owned his own architect business and he said he bought these for his son in the 80s.He obviously didn't know what he had because he had one other potf Leia combat gear for the same price which i passed on.
All the bubbles are crack free and dent free.yak face has got a nice stress vein running through front and back of card.
I only really collect loose graded figures and i will keep yak face,but the other 2 i will sell or trade.
my question is what is the Anakin and Nikto really worth in $AUS.Or could either be traded for any of the following posse figures graded 85 vinyl Jawa,DT Luke,3P0 removable limbs Ledy,Bib Fortuna burgundy Ledy these are the only 4 figures i need.
Many thanks Steve

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Steve,

Welcome to the forum and a great big smelly congrats on the ebay purchases. Not often a chance like that comes along.

I'll leave the pricing to those with more knowledge than me, but will say a) prices on those vary wildly as they rarely come on the open market, b) I think there's a graded Yak going through Vectis next week and c) there is a forum member with a POTF Nikto who I think is going to be selling at the next Farthest From in December, here in the UK. He may come along and give you an indication of price or he may keep it under his hat until the big weekend!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Welcome to the forum, what nice POTF moc's you have aquired! Amazing the guy you brought them off had 4 and 3 of them were the rarest to be released on the POTF card. Like other's have said the value of these are hard to nail, but I'm sure you will get plenty of advice. :)

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Hey Steve,

well done on your score mate and glad to see they went to a collector. Also a bonus that you were able to collect them in person as it would've been a stress waiting for hem to arrive in the mail.

I couldn't put a value on them bud as I'm not up with prices on these but either way you've got yourself some awesome trade bait to get the figures you're after.

What was your reaction when you saw them listed, you must have been pinching yourself after it you'd hit the buy it now button. Once in a lifetime event for any collector.

Congrats done again bud thanks for coming forward as the winner and greetings from Melbourne.

lililedy1976

Thanks for the welcome folks
I can tell tell you when i first saw these i did have to pinch myself as i knew they were rare.
It was only by luck that i saw them because they were only listed as "star wars figures" and the name e.g. yak face so if you typed up vintage star wars on the search engine on ebay they would not have showed up luckily i typed in yak face.
once again many thanks Steve and i am so happy that i joined such a fabulous forum as this one is.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom