Bargain of the year!!

x-pack

Grand Master
If that is the case and the seller had no idea of the value then it's about the only time ever that someone has listed 'Rare Star Wars' toys with a high start price and actually undervalued them. Amazing! :shock:

stormcab

Sith Lord
Very odd that the seller, apart from the Leia, just happened to be selling the 3 of the rarest POTF figures. Something doesn't make sense.

In regards to selling them, my advice is to watch those bubbles if posting. My ROTJ Nikto had a yellowed bubble, and probably with the help of the horn on his helmet, broke out of the bubble in transit, meaning I had to give a full refund. No problem on a £50 figure, but will be gutting on one worth thousands. Make sure the bubbles are well packed. Suggestions on here have been a rubber band that JUST fits round it with very little pressure, then maybe some cut foam, on top of that, bubble wrap and/or packing nuts.

itfciain

Grand Master
stormcab said:
Very odd that the seller, apart from the Leia, just happened to be selling the 3 of the rarest POTF figures. Something doesn't make sense.

To be fair, given the buyer/sellers location then it is far more likely to be 100% genuine than say if it happened in the UK - all of these were released mainly in Australia and that is where most have been found. They would have been released at the end of the line so perhaps the buyer got them - thought against opening them and did just put them aside - plus the fact that they would have looked pretty shiny back then means that they probably looked more 'collectable' than say, the Trilogo cards

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
itfciain said:
stormcab said:

To be fair, given the buyer/sellers location then it is far more likely to be 100% genuine than say if it happened in the UK - all of these were released mainly in Australia and that is where most have been found. They would have been released at the end of the line so perhaps the buyer got them - thought against opening them and did just put them aside - plus the fact that they would have looked pretty shiny back then means that they probably looked more 'collectable' than say, the Trilogo cards

Also to be fair, I'm not suprised his son didn't want to play with Anakin Skywalker, Nikto or Yak Face. :lol:

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Read the thread title and thought this was going to be one of those sarcastic "bargain" threads, you know, a loose Ewok for £200 or something similar, but I'm shocked at how much of a great steal it was! Not one amazing figure, but three! Big congrats to the lucky buyer.

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Holy ****.

Now, they're going to get graded and flipped in no time. :(

theforceuk said:
How much should these have really been, about £2000 each?

I sold my MOC Yak in the spring for $5500 US, ungraded. It got graded and flipped for $7000 US. That's going rate for Yak now, if not slightly higher. Anakin is worth slightly more. Don't know about Nikto, but he's expensive too.

Ian

bradley1360

Padawan
This triple buy is doing the rounds on fb vintage potf collectors group with the buyer looking for valuations and generating loads of interest/pms and offers :D :D
good story all round i think and good on the buyer for being honest and upfront on the forum and declaring he is selling nikto and anakin
3 of the rarest potf cards @ $800 aus around £385 each is too good to be true to NOT press buy it now
Think he is going to have a great christmas this year,good luck

Peter

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom