The 35 year wait is over!

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
The blue Imperial Blaster is made in the Smile factory. Both the IG-88 and Imperial Commander are Smile factory figures so the blaster can go with either.

The rebel blaster on the left was made by the Kader factory. Your Han Solo is made by the Kader factory so can be paired with it.

The third rebel blaster is made by the Smile factory. Snaggletooth was only made by the Smile factory and should be paired with it.

The blue rebel blaster was made by the Unitoy factory. None of the figures you have carrying the rebel blaster are made by Unitoy. Must be one of the figures that have gone missing. You could put it with Han Hoth for now.

Palifan

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
The blue Imperial Blaster is made in the Smile factory. Both the IG-88 and Imperial Commander are Smile factory figures so the blaster can go with either.

The rebel blaster on the left was made by the Kader factory. Your Han Solo is made by the Kader factory so can be paired with it.

The third rebel blaster is made by the Smile factory. Snaggletooth was only made by the Smile factory and should be paired with it.

The blue rebel blaster was made by the Unitoy factory. None of the figures you have carrying the rebel blaster are made by Unitoy. Must be one of the figures that have gone missing. You could put it with Han Hoth for now.

That's some impressive knowledge you have there and massive thanks for identifying them, it really helps when displaying these so thanks again :)

Ian

Palifan

Sith Lord
Here's an extra couple to include (just so that they're all in one place). I've also added some coo pics as well in case TheJabbaWookie can help out :)

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_3506.jpg
    IMG_3506.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3505.jpg
    IMG_3505.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3502.jpg
    IMG_3502.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3496.jpg
    IMG_3496.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3494.jpg
    IMG_3494.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3504.jpg
    IMG_3504.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3493.jpg
    IMG_3493.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 58

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I haven't looked into rebel Commander or Hoth rifles but research I've seen suggests your figure is Unitoy while your rifle is Smile. It could be this research is wrong or the rifle should of been paired with Luke Hoth.

I'll come back to you on Logray.

Palifan

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
I haven't looked into rebel Commander or Hoth rifles but research I've seen suggests your figure is Unitoy while your rifle is Smile. It could be this research is wrong or the rifle should of been paired with Luke Hoth.

Appreciate you looking into this for me and I had originally paired the rifle with my childhood Luke Hoth so it sounds like that's probably the figure it should be with.

Really good to know and it'll be interesting to hear your thoughts on Logray.

Thanks again Jay :)

Ian

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Best post on the forum for ages!!! 8) 8) 8)

That's really pretty lucky Ian, but I can only imagine the thrill of opening that box in the loft - sort of an Indiana Jones discovering the Ark moment :D

Congrats mate - really happy for you.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

Appreciate you looking into this for me and I had originally paired the rifle with my childhood Luke Hoth so it sounds like that's probably the figure it should be with.

Really good to know and it'll be interesting to hear your thoughts on Logray.

Thanks again Jay :)

Ian
Post a pic of the Luke coo but if it's the one that's pretty much indecipherable it'll be the correct one

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I haven't done any research for Logray but Stefan has walkie. Your Logray is the HK coo which I believe was made in the Unitoy factory. Both staffs are the same and I believe are the correct mould for the figure having 3 epms as shown.

Attachments

• FAEBA716-ADB4-49D8-909A-B562F87DB202.jpeg
    FAEBA716-ADB4-49D8-909A-B562F87DB202.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 34

Palifan

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
I haven't done any research for Logray but Stefan has @walkie. Your Logray is the HK coo which I believe was made in the Unitoy factory. Both staffs are the same and I believe are the correct mould for the figure having 3 epms as shown.

That's great news and I thought they were the same staff to my eye but it was good to get a second opinion on it. One thing though is that the other Logray that was in the box has a Macau coo which makes me think that both that one and my HK one must have been packed with the same style staff.

It's been a real education learning all of this and now I just have to decide which staff to pair with mine as one is slightly more black in colour than the other (one of them used to mine but which one lol!).

Ian

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
Just picking this up after catching it on one of the Vintage Rebellion podcasts. Great story fantastic stuff!! Congratulations on getting your collection back, you have some great friends there.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
What a lovely story & so nice to see you reunited with your childhood collection, this is pure gold, it just does not get any better.

Mine were a very simila story, all went to my younger cousin, I did not find out till about 5 years ago as his mother never had the heart to tell me that they were then passed on again to some younger relatives up north, next time she visited them my beloved collection was scattered all over the street where they lived in tatters =(

Least yours has been a happier ending.

This is my sole survivor & you are totally right, if there were a house fire he's the 1st thing I'd grab

IMGP1230_zpszgntdvlh.jpg

Palifan

Sith Lord
What a lovely story & so nice to see you reunited with your childhood collection, this is pure gold, it just does not get any better.

Mine were a very simila story, all went to my younger cousin, I did not find out till about 5 years ago as his mother never had the heart to tell me that they were then passed on again to some younger relatives up north, next time she visited them my beloved collection was scattered all over the street where they lived in tatters =(

Least yours has been a happier ending.

This is my sole survivor & you are totally right, if there were a house fire he's the 1st thing I'd grab

View attachment 170299
Thank you for the kind words, it really was something that I thought would never happen and at least you still have one left, he can even sit down properly in a seat! 😀

Ian

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Thank's Ian! it is indeed a pleasure to have 1 if only 1.

I managed to find a couple of more photos of his "unique" poseability features, what can I say I was a bad child 🔨 I must say I was delighted with how he turned out, mum not quite as happy I'd had her lighter & the kitchen knives away to do it.

my stormie 2.jpgmy stormie 3.jpgmy stormie 1.jpg

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thank's Ian! it is indeed a pleasure to have 1 if only 1.

I managed to find a couple of more photos of his "unique" poseability features, what can I say I was a bad child 🔨 I must say I was delighted with how he turned out, mum not quite as happy I'd had her lighter & the kitchen knives away to do it.

View attachment 170363View attachment 170364View attachment 170362
And just to think that years on this very same figure would be packed in with a Monopoly set and sold as an 'exclusive' for the Retro collection ;)

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom