Apologies to some of you guys - Part 2

maniac79

Jedi Master
Hey guys,

I have already sent a few words regarding this via PM, the last weeks have been very exhausting for me as I have been promoted at work (quite a while back, but it's getting real stressful now). I may now call myself 'Project Manager', problem being that my bosses expect much from me, but so far I have been a technician (Software Configuration Manager, but even that I only got into by learning by doing) and have got no Project Management training so far. Until now it went well, but it was extremely time consuming. There's no real free time currently, when I get home I often answer mails/phone calls from our client/my bosses until late in the evening.

But don't get me wrong, honestly I don't want to complain about my job, I am really thankful for the opportunity given to me and I enjoy every minute of it, even though it's a struggle right now. I know it will get better in time and I am also expecting great trainings to live up to my company's expectations. For example I will be in a so called "Summer university" in Paris starting Wednesday next week until Saturday evening. :)

Only downside is that I have less to no time for my hobbies anymore. For example posting/reading on this forum. Imagine that, I have not even read the LA thread in over a week. :shock: I always enjoyed sharing the joy over "our" latest acquistions every day. And I also have picked up some nice things recently which I have not been able to post yet. But I plan to work through all pages sometime during the next weeks.

That being said, I may not be online here so much for the time being, but I'm not gone.

Even though my apology goes out to everyone on here, I want to dedicate some words to some of you directly.

Frank, I hope that by now you have got the results of the scans and that they are good. I really miss our long PM conversations we had in the past and hope that it will continue once both of us have the time and mind to be online here again more often. And if your offer still stands we would like to visit you sometime in the future, if possible maybe next year already.

Bram, we didn't write during the last weeks now and I didn't read any update on the forum (which could well be because I have missed it :(), I hope that you are well again or at least that you have clearance and are getting better as I write this.

Ed, I remember that I read you were enjoying dating girls again. Keep it up and share your stories. ;)

Mark, I already wrote that in my PM today, sorry that I was not able to write earlier...

Iain, I will return as a customer in approx. 2-3 months. Expect my WTB list then. :lol:

To all of you: I will most likely attend the Tough Guy 2013 in January in UK (a mad man's run, google it!). I think it's far away from most of you guys, but I would enjoy meeting some of you in person maybe if we could arrange that. Flights/hotel are already booked, but if I don't loose a few stones until then I may cancel the run though...

As one of my favorite artists, 2Pac Shakur, put it:
Expect me like you expect Jesus to come back... I'm coming! 8)

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
maniac79 said:
To all of you: I will most likely attend the Tough Guy 2013 in January in UK (a mad man's run, google it!). I think it's far away from most of you guys, but I would enjoy meeting some of you in person maybe if we could arrange that. Flights/hotel are already booked, but if I don't loose a few stones until then I may cancel the run though...

My brother-in-law did it in the summer of 2011 and then did the January 2012 one. He said the winter one was the single hardest thing he's done but he loved it!

All the best Dennis and see you around here when you can :)

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
All the best Dennis, we will still be here when you manage to get back on. I'll google the comp your entering as it would be great to meet up. Speak soon buddy.

itfciain

Grand Master
Hey Dennis - not really sure what you have to apologise for to be honest - we all go through stages in our lives when other things take priority

Good luck with the job and I am sure that you will soon be back on top of the workload and get the chance to come back on here more often (and buy things :lol: )

tundra9

Sith Lord
Sounds like life has taken a good turn though Dennis, good luck in your new position, the toys and the forum will still be here
when you need to feed the addiction again! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom