Palitoy Reseal Focus

Palifan

Sith Lord
This is a collection of mostly resealed palitoy's that I've put together over the past few years.

I started out collecting a complete set of MOC sealed Kenner 12 backs but found I still felt a little empty once this was completed. I then got hold of 3 resealed Palitoy 12 backs and realised that it was that Palitoy logo from the front of the card that I was missing (as well as not wanting the white price sticker square that's on the kenner ones). From that point on I started to work on getting a 12 back set that matched the ones I had as a child.

After doing very little research I could see that a sealed collection would be out of my reach so I've settled on a resealed collection although I am quite fussy about the condition of them and try to find ones with minimal damage to the bubbles and card fronts and all of them have original capes, weapons and footers. It's been a lot of fun putting them together and I've even made a couple up myself using Palitoy cut cards on the correct cards. I do have original opened versions of these two but as the figures have not been removed from the cut cards I feel happier displaying these. I have realised through all this that I was quite a lucky child with the figures my parents bought me as it was the large head Han that i had and the last figure I was bought from the 12 backs was the vinyl caped Jawa. I just wish I'd kept the cardback to know for sure if it came on a Palitoy one. I know I have no pictures of it before I opened it and also it's long gone from the make shift scrapbook I used to store my cardbacks in so I guess that topic of discussion will have to remain open!

One last point is that as with every collector, once you finish what you set out to do you tend to start looking elsewhere and for this reason I ended up opening my focus to include the Palitoy 20 backs as well. Since taking the pictures below I now have completed my first 20 run and I'll post more pictures of the complete set along with the various other 12 and 20 back's I picked up along the way.

Hope you enjoy and as the Chewbacca on display is a Kenner cut card mounted to a Palitoy card please do let me know if you have a opened one you could let go of, it's the missing piece I've been looking for!

Attachments

• IMG_3229 2.jpg
    IMG_3229 2.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 598
  • IMG_3222.jpg
    IMG_3222.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 599
  • IMG_3203.jpg
    IMG_3203.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 597

Joe

Grand Master
They do indeed look very nice all on display, they look just as good as sealed ones.

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Ahhhh a collector after my own heart, they look fantastic mate well done. Wouldn't pick any of them for reseals.

I'm sure you agree it's a fun challenge trying to find these in good enough condition for display, great job.

Are you trying to complete the first 21 on Pali cards?

Here's a link to my set of reseals : http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12101

Cheers Ryan

Palifan

Sith Lord
BlueDog said:
Ahhhh a collector after my own heart, they look fantastic mate well done. Wouldn't pick any of them for reseals.

I'm sure you agree it's a fun challenge trying to find these in good enough condition for display, great job.

Are you trying to complete the first 21 on Pali cards?

Here's a link to my set of reseals : http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12101

Cheers Ryan

Cheers for the comments, I now have the first 20 Palitoy ones although you definitely have the Chewbacca I'm looking for as mine has yellowed and the one on display I made myself from a Palitoy card and Kenner opened cut card. I do have some bits and bobs to still look at putting together (all Palitoy) but do let me know if you ever come across another clear bubble, good conditioned opened Chewbacca. Out of interest what Palitoy and Kenner reseals are you still after? I have a few spares so might be able to help out at some point.

Palifan

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:
Reseals or not...they are stunning. It takes just as much time to put a set of those together as a sealed set. 8)

It's taken a very long time to get the right ones to display but for me it was well worth it.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Dublinjeff said:
They look cool in fairness, very nice..... 8)

Thanks for the comment and here's a few more pics of them.

Attachments

• IMG_3230.jpg
    IMG_3230.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 562
  • IMG_3227.jpg
    IMG_3227.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 565
  • IMG_3226.jpg
    IMG_3226.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 558

Palifan

Sith Lord
Joe said:
They do indeed look very nice all on display, they look just as good as sealed ones.

It's when I put them all together in one place that I could really appreciate them, I could just do with a bigger cabinet now!

Here's a few more pics.

Attachments

• IMG_3223.jpg
    IMG_3223.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 566
  • IMG_3204.jpg
    IMG_3204.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_3205.jpg
    IMG_3205.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 563

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
They look ****! :wink:

Only joking, they look superb, from the pictures you wouldn't know they are reseals.
Great collection! 8)

Palifan

Sith Lord
sith-smith said:
No doubt that they look great. 8)

So what's next, ESB cards?

I'm glad you like them.
I do have a few of the Palitoy 30A backs but I feel I've now picked up what I've been after so it's probably as far as I'll go. That said though I'm always looking to upgrade the ones I have when I see them and you know how it is with collecting......

Attachments

• IMG_3186.jpg
    IMG_3186.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 536
  • IMG_3181.jpg
    IMG_3181.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 537
  • IMG_3224.jpg
    IMG_3224.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 535

Palifan

Sith Lord
weasel said:
They look ****! :wink:

Only joking, they look superb, from the pictures you wouldn't know they are reseals.
Great collection! 8)

You did make me double take when I first read your comment but it's good to hear you appreciate all my lost hours of work.

Cheers!

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
Cheers for the comments, I now have the first 20 Palitoy ones although you definitely have the Chewbacca I'm looking for as mine has yellowed and the one on display I made myself from a Palitoy card and Kenner opened cut card. I do have some bits and bobs to still look at putting together (all Palitoy) but do let me know if you ever come across another clear bubble, good conditioned opened Chewbacca. Out of interest what Palitoy and Kenner reseals are you still after? I have a few spares so might be able to help out at some point.

I'm still hunting down Greedo and Snaggletooth, just bought a Hammerhead and waiting for Luke X-Wing and DSD to arrive from a deal done a while ago. So yes please if you have either of those two I'd be interested for sure.

Cheers Ryan

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
They look wonderful mate! They display like the real McCoy!
The effort you have put in to getting detail down to a T is impressive and clearly took a lot of time!
Some skilled work there,

Well done 8)

Palifan

Sith Lord
flycasual said:
Very nice display!

If only factory sealed ones weren't so expensive. :x

We can all live in hope!

I still remember going into a local post office in the early 90's and seeing a rack filled with the first issue Palitoy carded figures and about 3 sealed death stars. I toyed with the idea of picking some up for old times sake as they were all being sold for around 2 pounds each but decided to spend the money on a skateboard instead! I still think about that lost opportunity quite often......

Thanks for you comment.

sith-smith

Grand Master
All these Palitoy collections on display.....

Makes me want to start collecting :D

It is annoying to think that there was a period up till about 93 that all this stuff could still be bought stupidly cheap.

And then it all changed! :twisted:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom