Palitoy Reseal Focus

Palifan

Sith Lord
sith-smith said:
All these Palitoy collections on display.....

Makes me want to start collecting :D

It is annoying to think that there was a period up till about 93 that all this stuff could still be bought stupidly cheap.

And then it all changed! :twisted:

It seems to be the way it's gone with anything Star Wars related and I'm sure things will continue with the Lucas/Disney announcement this week. One thing for us in the UK though is that we would have had a lot less figures sent here compared to the states so I guess that's why they don't turn up that often.....well unless you're after a Sand Person or R2!

On another note I was thinking it would be great to have a definitive guide to all the first released Palitoy figures showing their coo information, weapons (colour and type/mark) and maybe even footer variations (flat or folded style). It would be a good way for people who have loose figures to know if they came off of 12/20 backs ect. I know the weapons and footers (admittedly the footers is a personal request), should be easy enough to catalogue by taking close ups of the ones taped into MOC's (both 12A & B backs) but the coo info could come from collectors who still have their original figures they played with as a child and remember what cards they came off of. I'm not sure what you think about this but I thought I'd mention it to you as I understand you have probably the best collection around.

Just a thought.....

sith-smith

Grand Master
That would be some undertaking.

We have Palitoy cardback guides, the most up to date being...

http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy/rotj45ccardback.htm

Lot of figures still not confirmed and a number still not been found sealed!

Palifan

Sith Lord
sith-smith said:
That would be some undertaking.

We have Palitoy cardback guides, the most up to date being...

http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy/rotj45ccardback.htm

Lot of figures still not confirmed and a number still not been found sealed!

I was only thinking about the first 20 initially, just off the Star Wars cards so that it would be an achievable goal but I appreciate it would be a bit off an undertaking.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Maulster79 said:
Wow- they look amazing- i cant believe the condition of them.

Congrats buddy- great stuff.

Thanks a lot for your comments, It has taken a while to put a set together in the condition they're in but I enjoyed every minute of it! Still would love to able to put a MOC set together but I know that'll never happen so this is without doubt the second best way to own a set, much better those repro ones out there (well unless they're made by that guy who did those amazing Rocket Firing Fett ones).

Frunkstar

Grand Master
An outstanding collection of palitoy goodness re seal or no, its evident from the photos that you really have taken your time with making the collection look just as it should & I for one can appreciate just how much hard work has gone in to this collection, they really do look ace how you have them displayed.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Hi Palifan, beautiful collection you have mate :eek:

Really appreciate the comment, just a few I'd like to up grade but not really in any rush now.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Frunkstar said:
An outstanding collection of palitoy goodness re seal or no, its evident from the photos that you really have taken your time with making the collection look just as it should & I for one can appreciate just how much hard work has gone in to this collection, they really do look ace how you have them displayed.

Thanks for taking a look at them. Sorry the pictures aren't a little sharper but I'll see if I can improve on this a bit next time I take some more.

I think I'm almost there with the condition I try to achieve although there's always room for improvement . I'll show you all the entire collection when I get the chance, there's quite a few extras I picked up along the way getting to this point but I'm so glad to hear that other people appreciate it as much as I do.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Palifan said:
Pomse2001 said:
Hi Palifan, beautiful collection you have mate :eek:

Really appreciate the comment, just a few I'd like to up grade but not really in any rush now.

Can you see any difference from the resealed and a moc ?

I think you will always be able to see when something's been resealed due to the damage that happens when the bubble is opened. That said though one of the Jawa's I have and 3PO are quite difficult to tell. Also my Ben was sliced part way along the top and two sides but it's really difficult to tell from the front. I've always tried to only get the ones that look really together though but sometimes I've picked ones up that are below what I'm really after just as place holders. I've now pretty much replaced all of these now but there's always room for improvement.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Sounds great mate and there is always room for improvement in all collections :D

So do you only want reseal or will you try to get moc later ?

Palifan

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Sounds great mate and there is always room for improvement in all collections :D

I feel the cost is to high now for the MOC's although looking at what I've spent over the years on the reseals and Kenner MOC 12 backs I'm wondering how close I could have come to a set if I'd just focused on Palitoy. I guess there's a lot of us out there like that who've changed their focus several times.

One thing with the reseals though is that I don't feel quite so paranoid about them like I would if I had tens of thousands of pounds worth of MOC's in my house. It's always something in the back of my mind when I go away so this way I stay a little calmer. Also as I've tried to get the ones with the least damage it feels pretty much like owning them unopened. I only wanted them to remind me of my childhood and I've had the bonus of making a hobby out of sourcing and fixing them up. I still look all the time at what comes up for sale but at least I don't have to chase after every one of them.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure if I've seen what type of thing you focus on so do drop me a link to your babies if you have one, it's always great to see other collections (as I'm sure you know!).

Palifan

Sith Lord
snaggletooth said:
Great collection you have there mate and it's great to see that you've achieved this from re-sealed MOC's 8)

Really appreciate the comments. I at first only wanted the first 12 but then the 20 backs took my eye so I ended up with a set of them. I haven't been quite as fussy with those although I have up graded a few so they're not in too bad a shape as a set although Hammerhead is still proving to be a bit of a problem. I think this is where I'm going to stop although I have somehow ended up with half of the next 10 on 30 backs so you never know.

It'll take me a while to get some more pictures up of the collection to date due to work commitments but I hope you'll enjoy my Palitoy Reseal Focus Part 2 as much.

Cheers!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
Pomse2001 said:

I feel the cost is to high now for the MOC's although looking at what I've spent over the years on the reseals and Kenner MOC 12 backs I'm wondering how close I could have come to a set if I'd just focused on Palitoy. I guess there's a lot of us out there like that who've changed their focus several times.

One thing with the reseals though is that I don't feel quite so paranoid about them like I would if I had tens of thousands of pounds worth of MOC's in my house. It's always something in the back of my mind when I go away so this way I stay a little calmer. Also as I've tried to get the ones with the least damage it feels pretty much like owning them unopened. I only wanted them to remind me of my childhood and I've had the bonus of making a hobby out of sourcing and fixing them up. I still look all the time at what comes up for sale but at least I don't have to chase after every one of them.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure if I've seen what type of thing you focus on so do drop me a link to your babies if you have one, it's always great to see other collections (as I'm sure you know!).

I bought a few opened cards with a loose bubble on when I began to collect, but later I thought it would be more cool to have them moc. But yes they are expensive. So I try to find them for a good price and the moc does not need to be perfect. But my focus for the moment is variant loosies :D

I will pm you a link to my collection so I do not hijack your thread :wink:

Palifan

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Palifan said:
Pomse2001 said:

I bought a few opened cards with a loose bubble on when I began to collect, but later I thought it would be more cool to have them moc. But yes they are expensive. So I try to find them for a good price and the moc does not need to be perfect. But my focus for the moment is variant loosies :D

I will pm you a link to my collection so I do not hijack your thread :wink:

Look forward to seeing it!

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
It's true what you say about the Palitoy logo - takes you right back to being a kid collecting Star wars figures :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom