Completed palitoy run

sith-smith

Grand Master
After 20yrs of searching and finally managing to pick up the final piece...the hammerhead...I have completed the run of the Star Wars characters on the 45a, the last card with Palitoy logo.

Only 18 of the first 20 characters appeared on this card, as the orignal R2D2 and C3P0 were upgraded!

20230829_165446.png

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Great achievement there.!!
Such a satisfying feeling completing a run.
Was it the availability of the cards or the condition that you were looking for that prolonged the collection for you ?

sith-smith

Grand Master
Great achievement there.!!
Such a satisfying feeling completing a run.
Was it the availability of the cards or the condition that you were looking for that prolonged the collection for you ?
It was finding the missing pieces. I got most fairly quickly, between 2003 and 2010. Tha last three took me from 2011 to 2023. The last, hammerhead, only being found a few months ago and in all the time I was trying, I've never seen or even heard of another.

A lot/most seem to exist in numbers fewer than 10. Some between 1-3 known examples.

sith-smith

Grand Master
Awesome! Congrats! Nearly all unpunched too?😀👍
Yes.

My set of the first 20 on 12/20 backs are all unpunched, so would be cool to have this run unpunched too.

However, finding them all like that could take me another 20yrs!

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Yes.

My set of the first 20 on 12/20 backs are all unpunched, so would be cool to have this run unpunched too.

However, finding them all like that could take me another 20yrs!
Would like to see a picture of your 20 backs, as my set is unpunched too.
My 6 12 backs are a mix.

sith-smith

Grand Master
It's by far my favourite out of all the cards. But by virtue of the way Palitoy released MOC the bulk of my display room is actually ESB figures, including the 18 pictured above.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Simply amazing! Well done Gary, as others have said, what an achievement and love see all those glorious Red & Blue logos :)

Ian

Latest posts

Top Bottom