Palitoy Reseal Focus

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thanks for the comments guys and I have been putting together a 30 back set although with no real rush. I think the furthest I'll go is the first 10 released on 30 backs and I'm not too worried about them being A or B backs as I'm not quite so precious about these as I was about getting the first 12 in really good condition. There's still a few from my collection I'd love to upgrade at some point which in a funny way is a good thing as it means I can keep the collecting bug alive.

Once I get the chance I'll post a new thread up with my collection up to date and also a picture of all the Paitoy's I've picked up along the way putting the set together.

Cheers again!

Ian

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
Thanks for the comments guys and I have been putting together a 30 back set although with no real rush. I think the furthest I'll go is the first 10 released on 30 backs and I'm not too worried about them being A or B backs as I'm not quite so precious about these as I was about getting the first 12 in really good condition. There's still a few from my collection I'd love to upgrade at some point which in a funny way is a good thing as it means I can keep the collecting bug alive.

Once I get the chance I'll post a new thread up with my collection up to date and also a picture of all the Paitoy's I've picked up along the way putting the set together.

Cheers again!

Ian

I would imagine there not the easiest to track down either, look forward to seeing them in the future :)

TC-14

Sith Lord
db94 said:
It's true what you say about the Palitoy logo - takes you right back to being a kid collecting Star wars figures :D
I'll second that, db... my first experience of brand loyalty at the tender age of 8 :D I can remember feeling great disappointment when the Palitoy logo disappeared from the packaging, not knowing the reason behind it at the time.

Palifan, that's a superb collection you've got there- your time and effort in putting this together is evident, and very inspiring. I'm only into my second week of collecting again... and like you, I'd been thinking of the first 12 Palitoy MOC, but realistically I don't think that's going to happen on my budget. Seeing your re-seals has made me realise that there's another way to satisfy that craving :wink:

I'm looking forward to seeing updates when you get chance...
Martin

theslider

Sith Lord
TC-14 said:
db94 said:
It's true what you say about the Palitoy logo - takes you right back to being a kid collecting Star wars figures :D
I'll second that, db... my first experience of brand loyalty at the tender age of 8 :D I can remember feeling great disappointment when the Palitoy logo disappeared from the packaging, not knowing the reason behind it at the time.

I felt exactly the same at the time, I remember a 9 year old me feeling really aggreived that this horrible American company 'Kenner' had taken over! :lol:

TC-14 said:
Palifan, that's a superb collection you've got there- your time and effort in putting this together is evident, and very inspiring. I'm only into my second week of collecting again... and like you, I'd been thinking of the first 12 Palitoy MOC, but realistically I don't think that's going to happen on my budget. Seeing your re-seals has made me realise that there's another way to satisfy that craving :wink:

Martin

It's hard but it can be done, I started collecting again last year and my goal is a run of figures all on Palitoy film issue cards (e.g. Ugnaught on any Empire card but not on a Jedi card). Of the first 12 I only need three more to get! So, okay, a lot of this is through getting reseals or opened bubbles, so it is possible!

TC-14

Sith Lord
theslider said:
I felt exactly the same at the time, I remember a 9 year old me feeling really aggreived that this horrible American company 'Kenner' had taken over! :lol:
Good to know I wasn't alone in my pain, Slider :lol: ah, the ignorance of my youth!

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thanks for the comment Martin and if all of us had kept our card backs and bubbles from back in the day I know we'd be sitting pretty now! Still, putting a collection together can be fun and these things do come up from time to time so it is more than possible. I'll look forward to seeing other peoples collections growing over the coming months. :D

Grant

Sith Lord
Awesome collection Dude. Those reseals look just as good as unopened examples.

Regards

Grant.

Grant

Sith Lord
Awesome collection Dude. Those reseals look just as good as unopened examples.

Regards

Grant.

Grant

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
Cheers Grant, so nice you had to say it twice!
Your welcome, your welcome. :mrgreen:

The site was taking ages to change the screen so I must have hit the submit button twice.

Palifan

Sith Lord
It tends to do that from time to time. Also I've noticed that I can't submit what I've written if someone else has sent something before I've had a chance to press submit. I ended up writing everything twice in the early days on here before realising I could just hit back on my computer to get to my message and resend, lot's of swearing back then! :lol:

theslider

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
Thanks for the comment Martin and if all of us had kept our card backs and bubbles from back in the day I know we'd be sitting pretty now! Still, putting a collection together can be fun and these things do come up from time to time so it is more than possible. I'll look forward to seeing other peoples collections growing over the coming months. :D

I definitely remember keeping a few bubbles when I was a kid as I used to put Han Solo in them with some water and create my own Han Solo in carbonite! I definitely kept all my card backs but then couldn't find them when I dug out my childhood collection in the early noughties I still hope they're somewhere in my parents house. I cling to that hope!

Palifan

Sith Lord
I know what you mean about still holding at hope that some of your old collection is still at the parents. I'd love to find my Jawa card back to see if it's Palitoy (the one I had my VC Jawa on). Every now and then my father shows me a figure or weapon that he's dug up in the garden so you never know what might be hidden somewhere!

rob71

Sith Lord
Awesome collection of Palitoy figures, I love seeing them altogether like that. I won't display my ignorance here by asking how you fixed them all up (damn I just did :lol: )

Palifan

Sith Lord
Cheers for the comment. Some of them I bought resealed and others I've glued myself and added a few bits from the bubble damaged areas from my beater card back collection. It takes a little time and care but you can get them back to looking pretty good. The main thing though is to find ones in fairly good shape to begin with, there's really nothing that can be done with a crushed bubble so I try to stay clear of them unless it's a really tricky one to find.

:D

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thanks for the kind comments boys! :D

I'm hoping to get some new pictures up for 2014 of the collection now so keep an eye out ( I'm also going to put a thread up about their COO's as well when i get the chance......I'm pretty sure it could get heated but hopefully people will kind and not flame me straight away1 :lol: ).

Ian

Palifan

Sith Lord
Cheers Michael, hopefully it's spurred you on to getting your own set up together :D

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom