What Do You Resent Buying?

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I like Lobot and the Dignitary - I'm funny that way.

I resent 'having' to buy a pop-up Artoo. I've got the figure itself, as **** as that is being a rehash of the first-12 one and the sensoscope one. I have one with a, ahem, placeholder saber. That saber is the only thing I 'need'. And i resent every centimetre of the bastard.

x-pack

Grand Master
I was going to say nothing. I don't resent buying any of my vintage stuff at all. But everything modern I have from TPM, you know, when everyone went mad because the new film was out! Well all that stuff makes me feel a bit violated. Bummed in other words

subzero

Sith Lord
I don't regret buying a single thing tbh I only buy with purpose, I only ever buy either what means a lot to me nostalgically or what I love the look of.

Every single piece in my collection both Star Wars and non-SW has a reason for being there, and if I buy something I thought i'd like then decide I don't really like it that much when I put it in my collection then I get rid of it, which has only ever happened once. 8)

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
my mate bought all the 1997 figures carded and then thought i'll sell them for much more now 10 years later

he couldn't give them away :lol:

subzero

Sith Lord
pizzathehutt said:
my mate bought all the 1997 figures carded and then thought i'll sell them for much more now 10 years later

he couldn't give them away :lol:

Haha omg the horror, i'm really glad I wasn't at that age back then of having my own money and the belief that they could be valuable in future, because that def sounds like something a silly younger me would have done. :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
subzero said:
I don't regret buying a single thing tbh I only buy with purpose, I only ever buy either what means a lot to me nostalgically or what I love the look of.

Every single piece in my collection both Star Wars and non-SW has a reason for being there, and if I buy something I thought i'd like then decide I don't really like it that much when I put it in my collection then I get rid of it, which has only ever happened once. 8)
I admire your collecting discipline! :)

subzero

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
subzero said:

I admire your collecting discipline! :)

Thanks! :)

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
My goal has always been to collect a full run. I honestly don't think there's a single figure I would resent buying. I don't mind some of the figures mentioned on here already like Lobot and General Madine. There's not a lot of love for the Ewoks but I've enjoyed collecting every last one of them. I never knew about the Last 17 until I was an adult collector but I've enjoyed collecting them too, even Amanaman, Barada and Anakin which are often maligned.

The only thing I have come close to resenting is collecting the white figures. When you're trying to get a near mint run going it gets difficult sourcing a minty white figure. I've lost count of the amount of times I've bought a C9+ minty white 8D8 or Stormtrooper, only to open him up and find out he's in worse shape than the C8-C9 I've already got. :cry:

I'm sure I'll still be trying when I'm 64 and it's finally time to sell up. :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom