Last figure you remember buying/receiving

Pomse2001

Grand Master
My last were A-wing Pilot, Imperial Dignitary and Anakin. I remember being shocked at seeing figures I had no idea existed and was allowed to get all 3! At the time I had no idea what other ones were available (Last 17) so had no idea I had the worst 3 of that run :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

I'm guessing this was summer-ish time 85
wow I feel with you mate with imperial dignitary and anakin. But I really like the A-Wing Pilot 😂

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
I don't remember the last figure i got and i can only recall actually seeing a few on the cardbacks, they were:

Esb 4-Lom
Esb FX-7
Snaggletooth (could have been from france)
Imperial Commander

I had around 80 figures and only remember these 4 which i find really odd! I do remember cutting the POP's out of plenty of cardbacks but thats about it!

I also remember getting a 4 or 5 pack from woolworths which included Luke farmboy (no saber) Leia Bespin (no weapon) all in joined poly bags. I guess they were selling them off after ROTJ.

I also remember seeing racks of the last 17 figures at my local newsagents, which my dad offered to buy me some but i declined as i didn't like the packaging🤣

sith-smith

Grand Master
wow I feel with you mate with imperial dignitary and anakin. But I really like the A-Wing Pilot 😂
In fairness at the time I quite liked the dignitary as it gave an added figure to my imperial army.

Anakin....somewhat pointless. Does nothing in the film

The problem with the A wing pilot was that as far as I knew, there was no A-wing toy to put him in. I don't think I found out about one until around '94

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I'm pretty sure my last figure was Luke Stormtrooper. I had 50p to spend and I found him in a hanger in Scotch Corner, (the toy shop, not the place), in Kilmarnock. My memories are a little hazy, but I remember the feeling of wondering why I'd never seen this figure before, was there also a Han in Stormtrooper disguise to be had, and what was with the card it was on - it wasn't the same as the others I'd had before, and it felt almost like I was buying something unofficial. I also have a vague recollection of looking at the other characters and not being sure who they were, so grabbing Luke was a no-brainer for me. The figure was opened on the way home, but I also remember the thought of just keeping him carded because it was a while after Jedi had been out and Star Wars was waning in the public eye, so there weren't as many kids playing with the toys any more, but the lure of a figure with a helmet was too much and opened he was😁
Great story, thanks for sharing it (y)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I genuinely cannot remember. I do remember having been in trouble with my parents, and I wasnt allowed to spend my pocket money in Woolies. My brother was and got Yak, Luke Stormy and Amanaman for 50p each. Even though I liked these, I never had any last 17 as a kid, so my last figure must have been some other Jedi one. I do remember my final vehicle - B-Wing Fighter. As it was my last, its the only one I still have the box for - all others got binned at point of opening.
Oh so you was a naughty boy ? :ROFLMAO:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
End of Year 7 trip to France. We were given 30 mins to wonder around the huge Carrefour at Calais. Had a few Francs left- bought 19 by Paul Hardcastle on single and Nikto and Klaatu- both Tri-logo. I remember seeing Luke Stormtrooper and Han Carbonite and thinking WTF?! Money for old rope! So I bought the goons instead :ROFLMAO::rolleyes: Made sure I hid them in my bag before boarding the coach again.
Wow, thanks mate for sharing this great story from France (y)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
The last star wars I got. I received from my big brother in the late 80s or early 90s. He bought a few figures and a vehicle in the late 80s only to display it but after displaying it for some years I got it. I do not remember all the figures I got. But I remember there was a Luke X-Wing pilot, R2-D2 sensor scope. But I had them allready. There was also luke hoth, last 17 lando general, darth vader and solo endor.

Last edited:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Stupidly, I thought I was too old for Star Wars toys after Empire (just look at me now!), and so I sold all my toys to a friend and bought a BMX (worst financial decision of my life, BTW). However, the collecting bug was still in me even then (and even though I'd tried to deny it), and hence I took an active interest in the ROJ toys when they came out, and couldn't resist buying myself a Chief Chirpa, since he was one of the figures blacked out on the back of the Palitoy 65 backs :).
Thanks mate for sharing your story, sorry to read you sold it all. But great you got back into the game (y)

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Wow! That's got me thinking🤔 I'm not 100% sure but one of my last memories was getting Squid Head. I also remember picking up another Squid Head for my mate who was in hospital recovering from having his tonsils out.
The first run of Jedi figures were as far as it went for me as a kid before I got into other toy lines and interests etc. I rem a few years later the old man finding on the street two last 17 figures which he brought home for me, one being Luke Stormtrooper and the other being Amanaman-no accessories of course😊 I rem not having a clue on first glance at the Amanaman if he were a SW figure until I looked at the back of him!😂

sith-smith

Grand Master
Wow! That's got me thinking🤔 I'm not 100% sure but one of my last memories was getting Squid Head. I also remember picking up another Squid Head for my mate who was in hospital recovering from having his tonsils out.
The first run of Jedi figures were as far as it went for me as a kid before I got into other toy lines and interests etc. I rem a few years later the old man finding on the street two last 17 figures which he brought home for me, one being Luke Stormtrooper and the other being Amanaman-no accessories of course😊 I rem not having a clue on first glance at the Amanaman if he were a SW figure until I looked at the back of him!😂

I remember you telling me about your dad's find. That was an incredible discovery! He should have kept looking - may have found a rocket Fett! 😁

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I remember I was bought Nien Nunb on a tri-logo card for Christmas in 1985. I was more into Transformers at the time but Nunb was a figure I'd always wanted... ever since I watched Jedi in 1983 I wanted him to co-pilot my millennium falcon 😁
Great story mate, thanks for sharing it (y)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I think mine was a bunch of last 17 all together (I think only only pop-up R2 was missing) for about £15-20. I was actually looking through a box of normal vintage loose at a market stall and the owner said he had some more in a box at home that were his sons. I popped to his home (literally 5mins away from his stall) and there they were all in a box together.
Honestly this was the first time I'd ever seen any of them and only knew they were SW simply because of the stand holes in the feet. I hadn't got a clue what they were worth and neither did he - it was pre mobile phone days so he couldn't even call his son. I dread to have been him when he told his son how much he'd sold them for 😬😬
Cool lot you got there, thanks for sharing it (y)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mine was a jawa sometime in 86. I always wanted one but never saw them in my local shops. I also wonder if it could have been a tri logo card as it was later on
Great story, In denmark they sold meccano jawa cardbacks at that time for a very low price. Maybe they did the same in uk :unsure:

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
i remember getting darth vader and the droids on star wars cards, I have vivid memories of getting a couple of hoth figures for christmas, probably 1981. As it was the year I exposed my mother as the one who bought the presents in, not some mythical bearded person.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Great story mate, thanks for sharing it (y)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
i remember getting darth vader and the droids on star wars cards, I have vivid memories of getting a couple of hoth figures for christmas, probably 1981. As it was the year I exposed my mother as the one who bought the presents in, not some mythical bearded person.
Thanks for sharing the story with us (y) some nice figures you got

Mosh

Padawan
The last vintage figure from back in the day was — I reckon — the Rebel commander. It must have been some of the left-overs at the store at a reduced price, perhaps around 1984 or 1985. I was already in high school and was strolling at the mall with two of my friends. It was the first time for me to feel a tad awkward when buying it. It was as though I sensed toys were for kids and felt a little shame in front of my friends when buying it, although both were quite nonchalant about it. After that I stopped collecting for some decades. Perhaps it was the correct time; otherwise I would have ended up collecting the horrible POTF figures. : D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom