Last figure you remember buying/receiving

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Christmas 1984 - B Wing pilot. Absolutely loved everything about him. I will always class him as my last figure………but there was another

I'd got too old :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: For SW toys but when I heard about a frozen Han Solo I got pretty excited, I mean, a figure of my fav character and an accessory from one of my fav scenes.

Bought one and couldn't wait to open it up - but it might actually have been my first WTF moment!

The most ridiculous looking figure I'd ever seen. Looked nothing like any of the other figures I had, with a tree trunk neck, face like a bowl of cold porridge and the ridiculous body. That was me officially done with SW collecting.
Thinking back I blame that figure for me not hoovering up the bargain reduced figures and ships from Woolies :LOL:
3760C943-947F-424B-9254-47494D939B12.jpeg

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Mine was either a Luke Jedi, Leia Boushh or pop up R2D2, as I can`t recall any other L17 that I had. So unless the shops still had ROTJ it must be the R2.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Mine was either a Luke Jedi, Leia Boushh or pop up R2D2, as I can`t recall any other L17 that I had. So unless the shops still had ROTJ it must be the R2.
Pop R2 is another funny one for me - like a lot of people he was my first figure. Liked the idea of an upgrade with lightsaber but when I saw it I was disappointed again. The lightsaber was more of a pop up club with its thicker round end.
Obviously I regret not buying lots of them now though 😂

sith-smith

Grand Master
My last were A-wing Pilot, Imperial Dignitary and Anakin. I remember being shocked at seeing figures I had no idea existed and was allowed to get all 3! At the time I had no idea what other ones were available (Last 17) so had no idea I had the worst 3 of that run :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

I'm guessing this was summer-ish time 85

Nita Nitro

Jedi Knight
I'm pretty sure my last figure was Luke Stormtrooper. I had 50p to spend and I found him in a hanger in Scotch Corner, (the toy shop, not the place), in Kilmarnock. My memories are a little hazy, but I remember the feeling of wondering why I'd never seen this figure before, was there also a Han in Stormtrooper disguise to be had, and what was with the card it was on - it wasn't the same as the others I'd had before, and it felt almost like I was buying something unofficial. I also have a vague recollection of looking at the other characters and not being sure who they were, so grabbing Luke was a no-brainer for me. The figure was opened on the way home, but I also remember the thought of just keeping him carded because it was a while after Jedi had been out and Star Wars was waning in the public eye, so there weren't as many kids playing with the toys any more, but the lure of a figure with a helmet was too much and opened he was😁

Gadders

Padawan
I genuinely cannot remember. I do remember having been in trouble with my parents, and I wasnt allowed to spend my pocket money in Woolies. My brother was and got Yak, Luke Stormy and Amanaman for 50p each. Even though I liked these, I never had any last 17 as a kid, so my last figure must have been some other Jedi one. I do remember my final vehicle - B-Wing Fighter. As it was my last, its the only one I still have the box for - all others got binned at point of opening.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
End of Year 7 trip to France. We were given 30 mins to wonder around the huge Carrefour at Calais. Had a few Francs left- bought 19 by Paul Hardcastle on single and Nikto and Klaatu- both Tri-logo. I remember seeing Luke Stormtrooper and Han Carbonite and thinking WTF?! Money for old rope! So I bought the goons instead :ROFLMAO::rolleyes: Made sure I hid them in my bag before boarding the coach again.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Stupidly, I thought I was too old for Star Wars toys after Empire (just look at me now!), and so I sold all my toys to a friend and bought a BMX (worst financial decision of my life, BTW). However, the collecting bug was still in me even then (and even though I'd tried to deny it), and hence I took an active interest in the ROJ toys when they came out, and couldn't resist buying myself a Chief Chirpa, since he was one of the figures blacked out on the back of the Palitoy 65 backs :).

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
End of Year 7 trip to France. We were given 30 mins to wonder around the huge Carrefour at Calais. Had a few Francs left- bought 19 by Paul Hardcastle on single and Nikto and Klaatu- both Tri-logo. I remember seeing Luke Stormtrooper and Han Carbonite and thinking WTF?! Money for old rope! So I bought the goons instead :ROFLMAO::rolleyes: Made sure I hid them in my bag before boarding the coach again.
if only you had bought a few Madine`s :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
That's a good question! Not sure I can remember exactly will have to think about it. May be a Woolworths 8 pack!

Hod10

Padawan
I remember I was bought Nien Nunb on a tri-logo card for Christmas in 1985. I was more into Transformers at the time but Nunb was a figure I'd always wanted... ever since I watched Jedi in 1983 I wanted him to co-pilot my millennium falcon 😁

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Mine was a Bib Fortuna as a prize from a Hook The Duck stall. I think it was in Brighton in the late 80s.

gammoguard

Padawan
I think mine was a bunch of last 17 all together (I think only only pop-up R2 was missing) for about £15-20. I was actually looking through a box of normal vintage loose at a market stall and the owner said he had some more in a box at home that were his sons. I popped to his home (literally 5mins away from his stall) and there they were all in a box together.
Honestly this was the first time I'd ever seen any of them and only knew they were SW simply because of the stand holes in the feet. I hadn't got a clue what they were worth and neither did he - it was pre mobile phone days so he couldn't even call his son. I dread to have been him when he told his son how much he'd sold them for 😬😬

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
My last 3 figures I bought were Luke Stormtrooper , Han in Carbonite and Imperial gunner in 1984 , I was getting too old to play with them anymore 🤣🤣and started into BMX's

Yossarian75

Padawan
Mine was a jawa sometime in 86. I always wanted one but never saw them in my local shops. I also wonder if it could have been a tri logo card as it was later on

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Christmas 1984 - B Wing pilot. Absolutely loved everything about him. I will always class him as my last figure………but there was another

I'd got too old :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: For SW toys but when I heard about a frozen Han Solo I got pretty excited, I mean, a figure of my fav character and an accessory from one of my fav scenes.

Bought one and couldn't wait to open it up - but it might actually have been my first WTF moment!

The most ridiculous looking figure I'd ever seen. Looked nothing like any of the other figures I had, with a tree trunk neck, face like a bowl of cold porridge and the ridiculous body. That was me officially done with SW collecting.
Thinking back I blame that figure for me not hoovering up the bargain reduced figures and ships from Woolies :LOL:

Great idea for a new thread (y) and a funny and a great story. Thanks for sharing it ;)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Pop R2 is another funny one for me - like a lot of people he was my first figure. Liked the idea of an upgrade with lightsaber but when I saw it I was disappointed again. The lightsaber was more of a pop up club with its thicker round end.
Obviously I regret not buying lots of them now though 😂
Great story, but the thread is about the last and not the first figure 😂 so which one was your last ? I guess many of regret a lot not buying more in the 80s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom