*Update* Palitoy, 12 Backs, Foreign, AT-AT Driver focus MOCs

maxf

Jedi Master
stormcab said:
Update. Added AT-AT Driver 41 Back E. I have decided this MOC is my favourite, so am going to do my first figure focus. I won't be doing anything like going after pre-production, proofs etc, just the the various MOCs. Just to give you a heads up to not go after this figure too and make me pay more for it :D

Good choice! The Palitoy 30bk At-At driver is one of the best looking cardbacks you can get IMO - hope you manage to score one of those at some point.

stormcab

Sith Lord
maxf said:
stormcab said:
Update. Added AT-AT Driver 41 Back E. I have decided this MOC is my favourite, so am going to do my first figure focus. I won't be doing anything like going after pre-production, proofs etc, just the the various MOCs. Just to give you a heads up to not go after this figure too and make me pay more for it :D

Good choice! The Palitoy 30bk At-At driver is one of the best looking cardbacks you can get IMO - hope you manage to score one of those at some point.

Bid on last couple at Vectis, but was right outside of what I'm prepared to pay. To be brutally honest, I think the colours of Palitoy logo clash with the colours of the AT-AT carback and figure. I prefer the Kenner visually. Don't hurt me :D

stormcab

Sith Lord
Lom said:
FFS! :lol:

Don't worry bud, I'm not a big spender. If I buy one MOC every 3 months for around the £200 mark I'd be surprised. That is unless work gets better :)

Marmeladkungen

Youngling
Hi ! -

I'm following your thread about coo variations by/with plaintainman, loving it. A newbie reading everything to try to find out more about this amazing world. Its so weirdly complex! Anyhow - this is the first reply I send on any Star Wars-forum and it's because I saw your Han Solo displays and your Want-list. I think I have a couple of things you might be interested in -

Han solo Bespin Outfit (the largest logo of) Palitoy 30 cardback with original bubble cut at at the top amazing condition
han solo big head loose in nm or so condition, really tight limbs, no Coo, no coo-scar, really nice paintjob etc. Should be sent to AFA or something like it..
carded complete Empire Strikes Back Princess Leia Organa Palitoy 45-back unpunched with the Bounty Hunter offer - OMG you should see it on display! At this moment on my wall together with:
Carded R2-D2 Taiwan Version from 1977 nm on nm Kenner 12A Cardback!
Carded Chewbacca Early Bird with Green Bowcaster on HK Kenner 12B Cardback and original bubble just as the Bespin-solo cut at the top,.

(2 rather worn cardbacks 48 for AT-AT driver; both with the "FREE! 4-LOM"-offer; both from 1982, both Kenner, both Hong Kong, the display different yellow colourtones and different black shades/nuances)

(also, carded Han solo Trenchcoat Palitoy Trilogo and carded Han Solo in Carbonite complete, and some loose han solo figures- amongst what ought to be most interesting a Lili Ledy Han in / without trenchcout, some loose coo-variants Bespin-Han etc.)

Also I have a question. Please help me with this: How should a Han Solo Bespin Outfit be stamped / look to fit into the Palitoy 30 Cardback I have? Why isnt there a guide for what goes and what doesnt go on palitoy/tri-logo cardbacks?

I live in Sweden, no problem sending stuff via mail etc. Where do you live? Do you want me to send photos/pictures of what i have? Anything at all you're interested in?

Fredrik F. G. Granlund
Mariestad, Sweden.

Marmeladkungen

Youngling
leia.jpg

I think its a 45 back A.

stormcab

Sith Lord
Thanks for your interest, but I won't be buying anything for a while, and don't want to swap any of my pieces.

stormcab

Sith Lord
Added Trilogo AT-AT Driver, Canadian 8D8 & Nikto, Palitoy 41 back Han Hoth, Palitoy 20 back LXW

stormcab

Sith Lord
Long overdue update.

Added 2 AT-AT drivers to my little run. ESB Palitoy 41 back back, and ESB Revenge offer.
Bib to my Canada run
Cloud Car Pilot

tigerham

Sith Lord
Really great collection my friend. Always good to see the variations plus those from around the World. Thank you for sharing. :)

olisuds

Sith Lord
Wow really nice collection and awesome pics. Think I need some tips on how to get photos like that.

stormcab

Sith Lord
olisuds said:
Wow really nice collection and awesome pics. Think I need some tips on how to get photos like that.

Cheers. They are low resolution annoyingly when you put lots together like this.

My set up is quite a big one. I have a powerful work lamp set off to the side, a big diffuser in between it and the MOC, white background, and the camera on a tripod. I do a long extended exposure to get good sharpness all the way from the front of the figure to the card. I do this for both insurance, and marks I can look out for if anything is ever stolen.

Attachments

• 6915792D-DF2D-40F5-8C7C-E4830466E8E4.jpeg
    6915792D-DF2D-40F5-8C7C-E4830466E8E4.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 134

olisuds

Sith Lord
That turns out beautifully.

I have a light tent and a couple of lamps but I can't seem to prevent major reflections and colour wash out. I've given up trying to photograph graded MOCs in the light tent and have taken to photographing proof cards on a white background outside in the shade where they appear to have a truer colour.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom