Stances on re seal??

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Definitely! Things are very different nowadays to how they were. Army's patrolling holiday makers on beaches, people being be killed in the street. Disgusting times! Thankyou Star Wars for bringing an escape from reality and 40 plus years of enjoyment!!

MarkG

Jedi Master
Alltooeasy said:
Quite right you are! 40 years next May. I had 1973 in my head for some reason!

That's 43 years... which by the sounds of it, is 40 years older than you !!

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
And to think I was avoiding this thread because I thought it was pages of people ragging on reseals.

poncho

Grand Master
I dont mind reseals dont own my self as i own common mocs. But if you want a rare moc and theres a reseal available its a no brainer innit.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I've been buying a few Palitoy cards with cleanly-ish removed bubbles and have been doing my own reseals which has been working out even cheaper. It's the only way I can afford to see those Pali logos smiling out at me from as carded figure.

Their value is such that I don't bother putting them in cases so I can enjoy a bit of tender tactile lovin' with them.

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
No way i could afford to own one of these without a reseal

Screenshot_2016-08-04-23-02-57_zpsqpdn612u.png

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Cardbackkid said:
How much would you say a resealed fett like the one above is worth ?

That one is an early Toni with a very poor seal. I never give valuations for Tonis, just a warning. The heat activated glue on the back of the bubbles has a sell by date that had long expired when Toni sealed them. Hence the seals are weak and the bubbies will drop off sooner rather than later.

Jason

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Jason, I don't think it was originally a Toni, it's a reseal i did myself (another forum member bought a pop-up R2 from someone and was offered a used cardback/fig/bubble for a decent price which i bought from him).

I don't think i did a terrible job on it for my 1st attempt....an R5-D4 i bought off ebay was in a terrible state and i managed to clean it up ok.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
robpmarsh said:
Jason, I don't think it was originally a Toni, it's a reseal i did myself (another forum member bought a pop-up R2 from someone and was offered a used cardback/fig/bubble for a decent price which i bought from him).

I don't think i did a terrible job on it for my 1st attempt....an R5-D4 i bought off ebay was in a terrible state and i managed to clean it up ok.

No better than Toni did starting out. I stand corrected!

:lol:

Jason

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom