Signing up for pm every time there is a vote ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Maybe it is not the correct place to write this and maybe it should have been writen in the off topic. But I think most forum members are in vintage collecting chat so I write it here so most members will see it.

First a huge thank to the owner of the forum for helping with a pm to all forum members about vehicle of the year 2023. We got 99 members to vote in group A, I think that is a new record and thanks again to all the members that has voted (y)

But the votes has slowed down again in group B and C. So to me it looks like many members need to get a note about they can vote maybe because they do not have time to go to the forum every day maybe because of a busy weekday.

I think it is sad that we lost forum figure of the year from the forum here in 2023 because not enough vote. But more members will vote if they just get a pm about they can vote.

But we can't pm all members everytime there is a vote because some members will maybe see it as spam and maybe get angry.

So I was thinking what if we make a list where members can sign up to get a pm every time there is a vote. Then only members that has signed up for a pm will get a pm about there is a vote on the forum :unsure:

If it is not easy to this for the owner or moderator then I have no problems with pm members on the list when I do a draw if that could help :)

Let me know what you guys think ;)

Gadders

Padawan
One option, Lars, might be to click the "Watch" button against your "Forum Vehicle of the Year" thread - you can then choose to receive email notifications of any updates. This means every time you post an update about a new group being available to vote on, people will get an email notification.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
One option, Lars, might be to click the "Watch" button against your "Forum Vehicle of the Year" thread - you can then choose to receive email notifications of any updates. This means every time you post an update about a new group being available to vote on, people will get an email notification.
Thanks, I have choosen that every time I make a new group (y) But I only think it works for me that I get an email every time some write in the thread I have created. I don't think other members get a email :unsure: Have you received any pm about group B, C and D ?

Gadders

Padawan
No, but I'd expect it to be something individuals would have to sign up for, rather than a topic poster turning on for all people.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I hope more forum members decide to participate in all rounds of voting. You put in a lot of hard work to make this happen, Lars, and the competition is always great every year. So thank you for doing it, and I hope that however it may be achieved, more people become aware of each voting round and cast their votes! :)

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Love it mate and really appreciate the time and effort you put in. Totally worth it and the kind of thing that makes this place special.

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
I only voted when i saw the first PM and nearly missed the other 2 rounds so i would be up for any kind of reminders to take part...count me in!👍

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Ok thanks, great to know that
No, but I'd expect it to be something individuals would have to sign up for, rather than a topic poster turning on for all people.
Ok thanks, great to know you did not get any emails, then I have not misunderstood how it works.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I hope more forum members decide to participate in all rounds of voting. You put in a lot of hard work to make this happen, Lars, and the competition is always great every year. So thank you for doing it, and I hope that however it may be achieved, more people become aware of each voting round and cast their votes! :)
Thanks mate (y)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
"I only voted when i saw the first PM and nearly missed the other 2 rounds so i would be up for any kind of reminders to take part...count me in!👍"

Me too, I don't know what it is, has life got busy again, who knows….
Any reminder would be appreciated. 🙄😀
I have just voted in all the ones that I have missed.
Thanks @Pomse2001 (Lars)

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
No list will be started, as we can include items like this in the newsletter (like this topic did)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
"I only voted when i saw the first PM and nearly missed the other 2 rounds so i would be up for any kind of reminders to take part...count me in!👍"

Me too, I don't know what it is, has life got busy again, who knows….
Any reminder would be appreciated. 🙄😀
I have just voted in all the ones that I have missed.
Thanks @Pomse2001 (Lars)
Your welcome and thanks for the support and all the votes (y) I guess many of us is busy again 😂

Pomse2001

Grand Master
No list will be started, as we can include items like this in the newsletter (like this topic did)
Thanks Blackbeard it would be cool if you will add this in the newsletter every week until the competition end. Maybe that will give more votes and more members will come back to the forum and have fun with the rest of us :) if that does still not work then I am still open if it is allowed to pm members that want to get a pm every time I make a poll :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I have also been thinking maybe 3 days to vote is not enough time. Would 1 week be better to get more votes ? :unsure: but we have to wait some more days for the last groups to end before we can go to 2nd round and finals :unsure:

Jez

Sith Lord
Thanks for running this Lars mate. Sorry i'm so late to the party. The email from Blackbeard was handy.
Happy to be emailed about these. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom