2023 Collecting round up & 2024 Plans

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
That's collecting @Robstyley congratulations mate! When I read your thread the face and fist reminded me of the beginning of He-Man when he tells you how he became the most powerful man in the universe and then punches you in the face.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Mine last year:
1) Nikto 70C Trilogo
2) Boba Fett baggie
3) A Palitoy ROTJ Rebel Soldier, Ben Kenobi or FX-7
4) Kenner 12 Back Luke
5) Bandai first print Super Star Wars for SNES (sealed)
I think this is the first time in the history of this forum / thread that I have got zero of my goals! :cry:

While I have been regularly picking up small video game bits, the main reason is that as you may have seen on Facebook, I sold some "high end" stuff for the first time in years a few months back. I had just accepted a new job that required commuting by car, and the week before I was due to start, my 19 year old, 160k mile car finally shat itself. So in a week, I had to raise funds AND buy a much newer, reliable car!

It actually felt quite liberating selling some stuff, there was only one thing I was a bit gutted about losing, the rest were just things I had picked up over the years and sat on.

I don't think I'm going to set any Star Wars collecting goals for next year, because as it stands I'm not intending to buy anything. I'm quite happy with what I already have, which is probably too much anyway. Hopefully I am wrong though :giggle:

sith-smith

Grand Master
In some ways it's been a good year. Picked up my first miscard since 2017, so was great to break that dry spell. And my first Palitoy MOC since December 2020 - I think that's the longest it's ever been without picking up something - plus it completed a run I've been working on since 2005 :cool:

On the not so good side, is the sheer cost of everything now and the realisation that 2024 my be the beginning of another long wait before I get to pick up anything new.

But you never know I guess! :unsure:

So my hopeful collecting plan for 2024 is to pick up something 😁

Well, having written that on Nov 23rd, things then took a very unexpected turn!

Firstly the last minute discovery of another Trilogo miscard I needed meant I managed to add a second miscard to my collection this year! Also found a 65bk miscard I have never seen before, which was very cool. :cool:

867lot601.jpg
LB3P0 mis.jpg

Secondly I secured a deal on 4 extremely rare (only 1-3 confirmed to exist) Palitoy pieces that I had been looking for for nearly 20 years! So that's 5 I managed to add to my collection this year,...which is unusual to say the least. That's as many as I'd managed to add in the previous 6 years combined.

Droids.png

So in the the end, 2023 has turned out to be a very good year.

2024 remains the same - hopefully pick something up for either/both the Palitoy or Trilogo miscard runs. Though every time I get something new, it becomes a bit more difficult to get the next as there are fewer left!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Well, having written that on Nov 23rd, things then took a very unexpected turn!

Firstly the last minute discovery of another Trilogo miscard I needed meant I managed to add a second miscard to my collection this year! Also found a 65bk miscard I have never seen before, which was very cool. :cool:

View attachment 186424View attachment 186425

Secondly I secured a deal on 4 extremely rare (only 1-3 confirmed to exist) Palitoy pieces that I had been looking for for nearly 20 years! So that's 5 I managed to add to my collection this year,...which is unusual to say the least. That's as many as I'd managed to add in the previous 6 years combined.

View attachment 186423

So in the the end, 2023 has turned out to be a very good year.

2024 remains the same - hopefully pick something up for either/both the Palitoy or Trilogo miscard runs. Though every time I get something new, it becomes a bit more difficult to get the next as there are fewer left!
Jumping the gun hey…the year is never over until the Fat lady signs.
Some great additions as I've mentioned before, those two miss cards are very special in my opinion.

sith-smith

Grand Master
Ha! This is true. Something else may still show up before the year is up!

I do love those two miscards, but the real key for me was those 4 Palitoys. My only chance to get those 3 41s in the last 20years!

Last edited:

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
2023 collecting goals

Attend an organised meet up/event
Track down a set of Death Star plans for my R2
Kenner B Wing Fighter box
Remote controlled R2 to complete my 6" trio
More Marvel weekly comics (ESB)

Didn't make it down to any of the events.
Did find a set of DS plans :)
Did find a minty B Wing box :)
Didn't find a RC R2-D2
Didn't buy any more ESB comics
Did get a few more loose Stormies for my Troop Transporter

Wasn't until I checked my list that I realised what a great year I've had - getting 2 of the hardest things on my list, pretty damn chuffed.

2024 collecting goals
Attend a meet up, put some faces to names
RC R2
Lot more ESB weekly comics

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
2023 Goals

1. A MIB/MISB Jedi AT-AT - No
2. A MIB/MISB Jabba's Playset - Yes
3. A MIB/MISB Jabbas Dungeon Playset - Green box - Yes - picked up the less desirable red box
4. On offer less Jedi cards - Jawa, Tusken Raider and Imperial Stormtrooper MOCS - Picked up a Jawa. Saw a few Stormtroopers but didn't bite on any of them
5. The Force Lightsaber - any colour - No
6. Emporer mail away flyer - No

2024 Goals

1. A MIB/MISB Jedi AT-AT
2. A MIB/MISB Jabba The Hutt Dungeon Playset - Green box.
3. Offerless Jedi cards - Tusken Raider and Imperial Stormtrooper MOCS.
4. A MIB/MISB Y - Wing
5. The Force Lightsaber - any colour
6. Emporer mail away flyer

I'm not particularly optimistic on some of the bigger ticket items. Not helped by recent interest in the black hole that is Action Force/GI Joe.

Gadders

Padawan
I always love reading these threads each year. There's something about reading other people wish lists that really warms the cockles.

I haven't set any real goals for a few years now as my collecting has really dried up, due to there not being much i need these days, combined with being realistic about not being able to afford the few items i do need.

However, my unofficial list last year was:
- add some more cardbacks to the couple of runs I have going - achieved

Goals for 2024:
- a few more cardbacks to the runs
- a few more paperwork items - foreign adverts, foreign catalogs..

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
@monkey_roo beat me (by many months) to posting one of my favourite threads of the year,😏 this is how I did this year.

2023 Goals:
Complete the 12/20 cards (Han Greedo and Snag) Unfortunately NO, (did manage to add a Snaggletooth though 😀)
Leia Bespin Tri Logo. NO
DSD Tri Logo - Unlikely. NO
Ugnaught Tri Logo YES
R5D4 Tri Logo YES (just in time for the New Year.)

So just under 50% success rate, not bad considering.

2024 Goals:
Han Solo and Greedo 12/20 back to complete my 12/20 back run, finally.🤞
Leia Bespin Tri Logo
DSD Tri Logo
LXW Tri Logo
EV9D9 Tri Logo
R2D2 Pop Up sabre - just the sabre…I know, I'm asking for the impossible.😔
Imperial Gunner blaster (or possibly a complete figure) as I suspect it will be impossible to find just the blaster.

All the above are wanted (as close to mint as possible) if anyone is looking to move on any of the above please feel free to reach out to me….I know shameless.🙄

Last edited:

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
It's been a good year for me - the main highlight being Celebration Europe. As well as being fully immersed in SW for a whole 4 days, it was a real privilege to present on the Collecting Track and Podcast stages with my Vintage Rebellion co-hosts. It's also been great to meet up with so many friends at various events - you know who you are!

Collecting-wise, I've not done too badly on my goals…

1. A vintage British store display piece Yes - Palitoy Vader header and shelf talkers, Sphere Books ESB display, Ewoks video display, Airfix counter display.
2. A vintage British cinema piece. No
3. A vintage cast & crew or production item. No, but got some good modern pieces from the movies and TV shows.
4. A significant Palitoy piece. Yes - As well as the store displays I've picked up some retailer catalogues and ESB carrier bag.
5. A vintage SW mirror - either with the droids and the SW logo, or with artwork from the Fascal stickers. Yes - Got the mirror.
6. An item that I never knew existed. Yes - Very early SW cap, sold in cinema foyers.

IMG_1327.jpeg

Goals for 2024 - not too dissimilar…

1. A vintage British store display piece
2. A vintage British cinema piece.
3. A vintage cast & crew or production item.
4. A significant Palitoy piece.
5. Finish off either my Frankel & Roth, Acamas, or Helix production runs.
6. A British item that I never knew existed.

A very Happy New Year to all of you! ✨

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
My 2023 goals were:

1. Poch chocolate legs Han Hoth ✅
2. Poch black neck Lando ✅
3. PBP 4-LOM
4. Poch Black Boots Rebel Commander
5. Early Bird Certificate Package ✅
6. MIB Imperial Troop Transporter
7. MIB Darth Vader Tie Fighter

My 2024 goals are:

1. Poch Black Boots Rebel Commander
2. LL Han Trenchcoat
3. PBP 4-LOM
4. Poch Dengar
5. Kader China Pilot blaster
6. MIB Imperial Troop Transporter
7. MIB Darth Vader Tie Fighter

Attachments

• IMG_1266.jpeg
    IMG_1266.jpeg
    331 KB · Views: 27

Pomse2001

Grand Master
My goals for 2023 was

1. A few more moc. (y)
2. Kenner Death Star playset with box. (n)
3. Sonic Controlled Landspeeder with box. (n)
4. More moc, cardbacks and boxes with danish price stickers on them for my danish focus. (y)
5. Danish Star Wars Fan club Magazines from the 80s. (n)

My goals for 2024 will be the same.

1. A few more moc.
2. Kenner Death Star playset with box.
3. Sonic Controlled Landspeeder with box.
4. More moc, cardbacks and boxes with danish price stickers on them for my danish focus.
5. Danish Star Wars Fan club Magazines from the 80s.

MikaHakkinen

Youngling
My 2023 round-up is easy: I took the first step and joined this forum!

2024 goals are: Pull my finger out and find the time to photograph the collection and sell the things, which are not in the way but still taking up space.

lejackal

Grand Master
IMG_1575.jpeg

There's something to be said for not making plans - Hamill wasn't at Celebration, and based on the prices for the other actors I'd comfortably say I wouldn't have been paying whatever they wanted for him anyhow.

2023 - had a couple of nice pick ups, and much to everyone's surprise I still have them.

2024 - again no real plans, hopefully pick a few bits up (have already equaled last years total for MOCs!)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
View attachment 186980
There's something to be said for not making plans - Hamill wasn't at Celebration, and based on the prices for the other actors I'd comfortably say I wouldn't have been paying whatever they wanted for him anyhow.

2023 - had a couple of nice pick ups, and much to everyone's surprise I still have them.

2024 - again no real plans, hopefully pick a few bits up (have already equaled last years total for MOCs!)
IMG_6619.jpeg
😂😂😂

Darkest_Logic

Jedi Knight
hi everyone,

I know its a bit late as the year has already started but thought this would be a good topic to add to the forum.

Personally for me, I am trying my hardest not to spend out this year and only get what I really want but of course that never happens!!!!! 😂

Regarding what I would like to pick up this year, I guess it be the same as last year, trilogo Boba Fett moc. Sadly I missed out on a great one as I did not see it in time :rolleyes:

If not that, hope to pick up some trilogos to upgrade my current ones. Also some Fett card backs that I do not have in my collection and some French Meccano's would be nice as well.

Good luck everyone with your collection this year!!!!!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I've picked up nothing this year except from some TVC MOCS. Probably won't be getting anything for a while and what I want is astronomical in my world. 😂. So it's a waiting game.

Latest posts

Top Bottom