Palitoy Vinyl Cape Jawa - COA & Update

Richard_H

Grand Master
It is but its also worth asking for. If the Chewie is around 5k and this is one of a kind then you're looking at 10k as a minimum I say. Saying that 5k for a Chewie is ridiculous too.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
If 21 Back Boba Fett's sell for 1k+, and there are literally hundreds of those around, then 35k for this is perfectly reasonable IMO. Easily THE premier Palitoy piece. I mean loose VCJs sell for over £200 these days and there are tens of thousands of them!

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Don't get me wrong I think its a great piece and it is a one off (so far). I am of the thimking if there is one then there must be more.

I wish the seller all the luck in the world, but £35k is a hell of a lot of money... I guess it will find its level!

:p

spoons

Grand Master
I assume he's been offered sums not too far off £35k that and wants to see how high folk will go, still a lot of money for a toy :)

PGowdy

Grand Master
spoons said:
I assume he's been offered sums not too far off £35k that and wants to see how high folk will go, still a lot of money for a toy :)

Yeah and then the bubble falls off during shipping. Good luck claiming your money back for that. :lol:

itfciain

Grand Master
PGowdy said:
spoons said:

Yeah and then the bubble falls off during shipping. Good luck claiming your money back for that. :lol:

Oh man - can you imagine that :eek: :eek:

PGowdy

Grand Master
itfciain said:
PGowdy said:
spoons said:

Oh man - can you imagine that :eek: :eek:

But who's to say it wouldn't happen, or even once it's at home on the shelf. Sorry but i think you'd have to be a little mad/stupid (or a millionaire) to have 35k wrapped up in something so fragile. I'd be a nervous wreck just owning it. So many ways it can be damaged and you'll never get your money back.

itfciain

Grand Master
PGowdy said:
But who's to say it wouldn't happen, or even once it's at home on the shelf. Sorry but i think you'd have to be a little mad/stupid (or a millionaire) to have 35k wrapped up in something so fragile. I'd be a nervous wreck just owning it. So many ways it can be damaged and you'll never get your money back.

I suppose that is the same as anything with value - be it a Ming Vase or a Constable painting - a fire or a slip of the hand and wooosh - there goes all the value - I suppose this is the reason why they are valuable though isn't it - because they are so rare

Still, I don't think I could justify that

walkie

Sith Lord
Wow 35K !!!

The problem with items like this is that there is no real benchmark. I'd like to see it in a open auction and see what how much the "public" would be willing to pay.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
tundra9 said:
Well, if you have 35K to buy one toy, you would have the cash to go pick it up in person, don't you think?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The talk of money and 'I wouldn't spend that much on a plastic toy' is a bit of the mark here. We all pay 'over the odds' for a few items in our collections that are essentially old bits of plastic with nostalgic value.

The price someone pays for something is always relevent to their wealth. For some people spending 35k on a figure wouold be the same as me spending £100 on a Blue Snagg, in fact it may even hurt them less. When I get round to buying a Blue Snagg I will have to either go without something for a while or sell something. The buyer of this figure may just have the money to hand...

I am sure we all have pieces in our collection we cannot really afford, if you know what I mean :wink:

Good luck on the sale, and to the eventual buyer. :D

tundra9

Sith Lord
Sure, I know I've had some pieces I really couldn't afford, but the price difference here is quite big, at least for a "normal" budget.
All I meant was if you have that kind of money to throw at a toy, a plane ride to acquire said piece would cost a mere fraction of it.
But then again, if you could pay that amount for a toy, a damaged piece in the mail wouldn't mean that much would it? :p

itfciain

Grand Master
I guess it is similar to the stories of John Terry going into his local bookies and spending £5K betting - as a percentage of his wage that is probably the same as me spending £25. !

PGowdy

Grand Master
JuniorChubb said:
tundra9 said:
Well, if you have 35K to buy one toy, you would have the cash to go pick it up in person, don't you think?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The talk of money and 'I wouldn't spend that much on a plastic toy' is a bit of the mark here. We all pay 'over the odds' for a few items in our collections that are essentially old bits of plastic with nostalgic value.

The price someone pays for something is always relevent to their wealth. For some people spending 35k on a figure wouold be the same as me spending £100 on a Blue Snagg, in fact it may even hurt them less. When I get round to buying a Blue Snagg I will have to either go without something for a while or sell something. The buyer of this figure may just have the money to hand...

I am sure we all have pieces in our collection we cannot really afford, if you know what I mean :wink:

Good luck on the sale, and to the eventual buyer. :D

itfciain said:
I guess it is similar to the stories of John Terry going into his local bookies and spending £5K betting - as a percentage of his wage that is probably the same as me spending £25. !

Yes but as i said, we're now talking about millionaires.
We're not talking about a few 100 quid here Chubb, it 35K!!!
So as said before, you need to be a nut-job or a millionaire to fork that out for a fragile vintage toy. That could be damaged with the change in direction of a strong breeze.
You say it's the equivalent to you spending £100 on a toy. Fair doos. Lets say you earn 20k a year. That's 1 200th of your yearly income. So for a 35k spend to be the equivalent, said buyer would need to be earning 7million a year. :lol: :lol: If he does then fair doos. Who cares about 35k when you have that sort of money. I wouldn't even think twice. Hell, i'd probably open it. :lol:

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
tundra9 said:
All I meant was if you have that kind of money to throw at a toy, a plane ride to acquire said piece would cost a mere fraction of it.

Sorry it wasn't aimed at you Tundra :wink: Just liked your travelling comment. :D

PGowdy said:
Yes but as i said, we're now talking about millionaires.
We're not talking about a few 100 quid here Chubb, it 35K!!!
So as said before, you need to be a nut-job or a millionaire to fork that out for a fragile vintage toy. That could be damaged with the change in direction of a strong breeze.
You say it's the equivalent to you spending £100 on a toy. Fair doos. Lets say you earn 20k a year. That's 1 200th of your yearly income. So for a 35k spend to be the equivalent, said buyer would need to be earning 7million a year. :lol: :lol: If he does then fair doos. Who cares about 35k when you have that sort of money. I wouldn't even think twice. Hell, i'd probably open it. :lol:

Exactly its all relevant, we can't have a dig a someone spending that much money when to the average joe we are bonkers spending £50 on a figure.

The buyer of this figure may be crazy to most collectors, but remember we are crazy to most non-collectors, and you summed it up yourself, if you earn't more than enough you would buy the figure, you don't so its considered crazy.

The crazy part would be opening it... :shock: Didn't have you down with the U grades Pete :lol: :lol:

I don't see anything crazy going on here unless the buyer uses 6 credit cards to finance the purchase, or sells one of their kids maybe...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom