Long Time suspected FAKE baggies scam / seller

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
kevlad said:
i purchased it off ebay around 2014 but cant find it in the ebay purchases as i cant go back further than 2015 i am however looking through paypal records so cant confirm it came directly from Jeff but was purchased from ebay however the crease in the baggie is identical to the one in the guide in length angle etc also its such a dam unusual baggie unlike anything i have previously seen before the material is fairly crisp but very thin with no print it is clearly the same baggie Frank confirmed he had purchased and sent back to jeff for a refund previously

So you are saying this is the exact baggie Frank returned and then it later appeared for sale again?

kevlad

Youngling
So you are saying this is the exact baggie Frank returned and then it later appeared for sale again?

Yes Edd Frank sent it back for refund as it was not right and i purchased it sometime after Jeff put it back on to the market even though Frank returned it as it was not right

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
OK thanks so we now have two concrete examples of Jeff selling baggies he has already been told or in this case has been returned for being fake.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Also is it just the light from the screen, or is this a blue Han Hoth/Luke Bespin blaster?

file.php

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
itfciain said:
There is also plenty of evidence to suggest that he was buying to sell - if you are doing this then you have to be 100% confident in what you are selling. If you sell 10 of one item and 3 people return them to you saying that you are fake then you can not assume that the other 7 think they aren't - you must stop selling them until you are 100% sure.

If Jeff is now getting 100s of return requests then this is of his own doing - poor business practices will often lead to poor business performance.

100% agree, regardless of the manufacturer I think it has been proved beyond doubt he is selling baggies he has been told were fake. And even if he wasn't doing that, having so many returned and not doing anything about it destroys his reputation as a seller alone, no excuses.

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
I must admit that I was one who listened to the podcast as soon as it well released - off work that day.
I commented many pages back about the accusations of Jeff "known to have faked certain baggie types" needed evidence as it is a serious accusation.
That seems to have been addressed.

I also admit that I was drawn to Jeff's calm and polite manner and thought he came across well. I don't know anyone here personally and thought the accusations of manufacturing baggies were unjust without the evidence.
The first post was no doubt done with the right intentions in mind, however hastily posted.

The evidence shortly after has come out and keeps coming and the startling thing how it mostly traces back to Jeff in one way or another.
There is still no concrete evidence whether he manufactures or not and unlikely won't be.
The repainted figures is of huge concern. Even more so is the possibility that figures from TT are being used.

I'm not a collector of baggies but it is something that I had contemplated. Without the knowledge of baggies, now I find it very unlikely that I will collect them. The damage has been done.

I stand corrected and would just like to say to Frank and the team - well done chaps.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
It's a good point and many people will be put off, but what has actually happened with Palitoy figures Toni was faking is genuine ones have shot up in value because they are so scarce. 90% of the ROTJ Boba Fetts in circulation are Toni's, the legit ones are as rare as 12 backs.

Baggies will be the same - sure many are now worthless, but they are fake so were already worthless. Genuine ones are identifiable, so they will in time become more desirable, especially the scarce ones like the light blue Fett.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
kevlad said:
i purchased it off ebay around 2014 but cant find it in the ebay purchases as i cant go back further than 2015 i am however looking through paypal records so cant confirm it came directly from Jeff but was purchased from ebay

Might be able to find it here, and then match it to Jeff from the auction title in his feedback:

http://www.worthpoint.com/inventory/search?query=han+solo+baggie

Commander Clint

Padawan
What would the likely hood be, of finding fake Kenner baggies in other toy lines that they produced? Like the Super Power or M.A.S.K lines with similar baggies. I personally don't collect baggies. But my nephew collects the Kenner Super Power line and has a few. Does Jeff sell other stuff besides Star Wars at Farthest From? I checked his ebay feedback for a few pages, but didn't see anything listed.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes Kenner did sell Super Powers baggies, what makes it worse is they were not sealed. See here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322165038603

Thankfully they are a different size to Star Wars baggies, but you do occasionally see Star Wars figures resealed in them, eg here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201726997889

So no Kenner baggies are not 100% safe if you don't know what to look for.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Dannywhiteley said:
Can I just confirm that joined letters doesn't guarantee a JeffG baggie?

This is a good point that hasn't been answered yet, what do you guys think?

Ian

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I assume this wasn't answered because it's a theory at the moment, nobody can 100% guarantee anything.

Palifan

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
I assume this wasn't answered because it's a theory at the moment, nobody can 100% guarantee anything.

Does anyone have a legit one with the lettering joined up like this?

It would be great if all the suspected fake ones did have this joined up lettering as it would make them easy to spot. I'm sure there will be other fakes without this joined up lettering but maybe this could be a way of identifying a certain percentage of them.

Ian

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Palifan said:
edd_jedi said:

Does anyone have a legit one with the lettering joined up like this?

It would be great if all the suspected fake ones did have this joined up lettering as it would make them easy to spot. I'm sure there will be other fakes without this joined up lettering but maybe this could be a way of identifying a certain percentage of them.

Ian

It's a thing thats under close investigation at the moment so please regard this point as "pending"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom