Long Time suspected FAKE baggies scam / seller

Bootyhunter

Jedi Master
edd_jedi said:
Although this is just a theory, I also think the recent posts by the other accusers discredit Jeff's claim in the podcast that there is no financial incentive for either selling or potentially making fake baggies. Andrew's example above, two loose figures worth a total of £30 are suddenly worth £500+ when in the correct baggie type. The blue Fetts Frank posted, £750+ each for figures worth £100 loose. Palitoy Yak Face baggies, £400+ for £100 figures. Saying there is no financial incentive here is nonsense regardless of how well off you are.

This had me thinking there was plenty of Tri Fetts knocking around on TT cards and have obviously taken a hit in price since the scandal, when did these Tri Fett baggies start appearing? They were pretty much a grail item a few years back.
At £750 a pop that would be an incentive..

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Question please guys as I am no I.T wiz, how do I search my ebay feedback from further back & see what the item was as it just says "more than a year ago & the item number", no description & the number links don't work after so long & no view item link as it would help me.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Bootyhunter said:
edd_jedi said:
Although this is just a theory, I also think the recent posts by the other accusers discredit Jeff's claim in the podcast that there is no financial incentive for either selling or potentially making fake baggies. Andrew's example above, two loose figures worth a total of £30 are suddenly worth £500+ when in the correct baggie type. The blue Fetts Frank posted, £750+ each for figures worth £100 loose. Palitoy Yak Face baggies, £400+ for £100 figures. Saying there is no financial incentive here is nonsense regardless of how well off you are.

This had me thinking there was plenty of Tri Fetts knocking around on TT cards and have obviously taken a hit in price since the scandal, when did these Tri Fett baggies start appearing? They were pretty much a grail item a few years back.
At £750 a pop that would be an incentive..

The idea that faked baggies could be being manufactured from old TT or Billy Boy stock is of a huge worry, after all what did TT do with all his remaining stock of carded & mint figures once his goose was cooked & what did Billy Boy do all those years back with his stockpile of mint unused genuine palitoy baggies he was doing all his fakes in?. I am not inferring Jeff is making them form this kind of stock, but I have been worried for a long time that someone could well be.

maxf

Jedi Master
Frunkstar said:
Question please guys as I am no I.T wiz, how do I search my ebay feedback from further back & see what the item was as it just says "more than a year ago & the item number", no description & the number links don't work after so long & no view item link as it would help me.

Frank - I haven't done it myself but the bottom post here may help: http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Buying-on-eBay/how-do-I-view-my-purchase-history-from-more-than-12-months/qaq-p/3708815

PayPal goes back much further than eBay, so you may have some details hidden in there too.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I just want to say that it's great everyone who has been affected by this are now working together to at least start to try and piece things together.

I don't know anyone on this forum and have watched this thread spiral into the abyss, then slowly gain some common sense again. I read the OP and didn't need any other explanation, Frank had nothing to gain and lots to loose. He's spent years putting his baggy guide together why should he sit back and watch someone completely ruin a part of the hobby he is so passionate about.

Frank there was nothing wrong with the way the OP was put together, it's not your fault it took Edd 2 days of slapping everyone around the face and saying wake up and smell the coffee for the tide to turn.

I really hope Frank, Edd and the others have had plenty of PM's with the subject 'I apologise'. :?

Marty _Norfleet

Youngling
I wanted to thank Frank AFA and CAS for their help with this. I just hope Jeff doesn't disappear like Scott McWilliams and makes this right not just with me but everyone he took advantage of. I sent in one of the two Fett pieces I bought from Jeff into CAS. I have new information from CAS here -

Hi Marty -

I received your Boba Fett figure and just examined it. Unfortunately I do have to agree with AFA on their outcome with this piece. It has had paint touch-up at some point in time both on the nose and the belt. It is tough to see with the naked eye but under an 800x microscope it is very clear. I also noticed and believe the rocket has been replaced on this one as well. There are small pry marks on the top of the rocket holder and with the Palitoy Fetts the rocket can be removed since they aren't sonic welded in like the US versions. I've attached a few pics from our scope, take a look at them and I think you'll see the touch-ups for yourself.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170114-154715.png
    Screenshot_20170114-154715.png
    173.4 KB · Views: 707
  • Screenshot_20170114-154728.png
    Screenshot_20170114-154728.png
    182.2 KB · Views: 709

momike

Jedi Master
Sorry to hear you have been had with two of these Marty, i also had one of these (wasn't cheap) of jeff, one of my favorite pieces i had on display which i have recently chucked in a draw and don't fancy looking at again anytime soon

trappedtexan

Youngling
Frank, et al.,

As you guys look at these baggies you may also inspect for paint touched figures. If varying baggie types have repaints in them then that lends more credence to one creator/source as it is hard to believe that baggies found in the US and baggies found in the UK would be from varying sources but all also have retouched figures. Just a suggestion anyway.

kevlad

Youngling
Hello Folks

Although i have had an account for several years this is my first post on the forum so i may not get it quite right. i am part of the investigation group i havent been able to respond until now due to an ongoing illness for the past few weeks and due to this haven't been as involved as i would like in the investigation group. I have had at least 30 baggies from Jeff over the past 4 years and agree that he has been very friendly and never refuses to refund when i have sent back baggies that were not right or were clearly 100% fake

Although i have purchased many genuine baggies mailers from Jeff i have however shared concerns with Frank over the past couple of years discussing certain baggies that i purchased from Jeff or have been offered by him that were either out n out Fake or were highly odd or suspisious. I Im not one to ramble so lets get down to the evidence i will provide this over several posts

Firstly The Solo baggie

I contacted Frank on 22/09/2015 with regards this Han baggie which he has on the guide as it remained unconfirmed.

i purchased it off ebay around 2014 but cant find it in the ebay purchases as i cant go back further than 2015 i am however looking through paypal records so cant confirm it came directly from Jeff but was purchased from ebay however the crease in the baggie is identical to the one in the guide in length angle etc also its such a dam unusual baggie unlike anything i have previously seen before the material is fairly crisp but very thin with no print it is clearly the same baggie Frank confirmed he had purchased and sent back to jeff for a refund previously

i sent the pictures of it to Frank at the time and his very words were "Let me guess, you bought it from Jeff?" pic of email attached

Frank confirmed he had previously he bought from Jeff and returned it as Frank stated I bought it, checked it & also asked Steve about it, sent it straight back for a refund as I can not confirm it & it does not conform to any other baggies types I have identified".

SAM_3253.JPG

SAM_3254.JPG

file.php

momike

Jedi Master
All these baggies are from Jeff's recent sales on eBay apart from the SW-D DSC baggie he sold to me directly, I'm going to try and break down traits that all these different baggies types have in common, i can't seem to find other examples like these anywhere online or in franks guide so would seem all roads lead back to jeff with these. like I said they all seem to share common trait's. Bare in mind the originals are different baggies from a different printing tool/factorys and a different era of production, some of the original Baggie type fonts differ slightly but look nothing like the ones jeff has been selling

Apart from the ESB-B (font is to warn) baggie I believe these baggies may well of originated from the same source

I'm going to show pics of some fake & questionable baggie fonts followed by pics of the originals for comparison

ESB-B

I don't think there is much left to say about these really, to say they are very poor is an understatement, I will say the one thing I have noted with this Baggie is all the examples (fake) look really rough and I believe they have been done this way to detract from how bad the logo is, imagine if the baggies were mint and the text unworn those logos would stick out like a sore thumb more than they already do, I think they look like monkeys have gone to town with a bottle of tipex myself

Attachments

• IMG_0952.JPG
    IMG_0952.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 658
  • IMG_0936.PNG
    IMG_0936.PNG
    236.6 KB · Views: 659

momike

Jedi Master
SW-A

Like with the ESB-B these have the whole tipex/spray paint vibe going on, take note of the A in made you will notice the triangle in the centre of the A is very blotchy and undefined and pretty much none existent on these which is one of the common traits I mentioned in my previous post also note another trait how the letters MAD in MADE all touch, I wouldn't class this as bleed, the letters are far to close and out of proportion and are definitely not defined like the machine made originals (it's worth mentioning that on the originals the letters in MAD can touch slightly but nothing like these) lastly another trait, if you look closely you will notice that the O in HONG has a line linking it to the H & N, my first thoughts on this was some kind of stencil had been used but can't say for sure

Attachments

• IMG_0953.JPG
    IMG_0953.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 707
  • IMG_0960.PNG
    IMG_0960.PNG
    176.4 KB · Views: 681

momike

Jedi Master
SW-B

This ones is totally different font and does not have the lines joining the letters, it does have the touching letters and the blotchy A though, this looks very wrong when compared to the originals

SW-B baggies have been traced back to Jeff that differ slightly from these but are very iffy like the ones pictured in this thread that ukg declined to grade

Attachments

• IMG_0951.JPG
    IMG_0951.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 705
  • IMG_0958.PNG
    IMG_0958.PNG
    148 KB · Views: 684

momike

Jedi Master
SW-D

As you can see the A in MADE on these look half right and defined compared to the others but all the other traits are clear as day, the font on this has an almost ink like look to it that looks very off also worth mentioning that the Baggie has lots of dotted/pitted indentations in the material the same as can be found on a lot of the palitoy-k baggies coming from Jeff mentioned in the OP

SW-D baggies have been traced back to Jeff that differ from these but are very iffy none the less

Attachments

• IMG_0950.JPG
    IMG_0950.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 708
  • IMG_0959.PNG
    IMG_0959.PNG
    97 KB · Views: 709

momike

Jedi Master
ROTJ-J (regarded as questionable in the original post)

I only know of him selling the one (imagine he has sold more behind closed doors) of these but thought It was worth mentioning as it has the same traits as the others, when compared to the originals you can see how off they are, also worth mentioning all the originals I can find online have wider baggies than the one sold by Jeff and look to be a different material imo

Attachments

• IMG_0949.JPG
    IMG_0949.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 705
  • IMG_0946.PNG
    IMG_0946.PNG
    185.2 KB · Views: 682

momike

Jedi Master
Palitoy-K (regarded as questionable in the original post)

These have been a difficult one to pin down because even the originals can be a bit on the rough side, none of the originals have the lines linking the letters together like the chewie pictured of Jeff's and the A in made on the originals are more defined than the ones coming from Jeff.

As stated these are questionable and have been a difficult one to nail down, on the one hand some of the ones jeff has been selling look ok with the A being the only obvious trait but then there is some that have all the traits and are all round diabolical and just wrong, he has also sold many that are believed to be legit

Worth mentioning these are one of Jeff's best sellers and when ever I have asked for a figure he seemed to almost always have this particular Baggie type available in the figure I asked for

Attachments

• IMG_0954.JPG
    IMG_0954.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 705
  • IMG_0956.PNG
    IMG_0956.PNG
    177.9 KB · Views: 680

momike

Jedi Master
Comparison shots of the fonts on Jeff's together, as you scroll down you can't miss the similaritys

Ive added the pic of the Tusken Raider again, Jeff did not give a Baggie type for this one in his listing but it shares a lot of the same traits. This is the one jeff sent half way round the world instead of sending to frank which he did with the other legit baggies that were to be forwarded on to Andrew

Attachments

• IMG_0945.PNG
    IMG_0945.PNG
    192.1 KB · Views: 682
  • IMG_0956.PNG
    IMG_0956.PNG
    177.9 KB · Views: 676
  • IMG_0946.PNG
    IMG_0946.PNG
    185.2 KB · Views: 676
  • IMG_0959.PNG
    IMG_0959.PNG
    97 KB · Views: 682
  • IMG_0960.PNG
    IMG_0960.PNG
    176.4 KB · Views: 674
  • IMG_0941.PNG
    IMG_0941.PNG
    155.1 KB · Views: 678

momike

Jedi Master
Pics of the the whole of the baggies

Attachments

• IMG_0887.JPG
    IMG_0887.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 694
  • IMG_0889.JPG
    IMG_0889.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 698
  • IMG_0940.PNG
    IMG_0940.PNG
    164.9 KB · Views: 697
  • IMG_0944.JPG
    IMG_0944.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 691
  • IMG_0882.JPG
    IMG_0882.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 691
  • IMG_0955.JPG
    IMG_0955.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 679

Palifan

Sith Lord
Great work momike, that's some of the clearest baggie comparisons I've seen and you can definitely see a pattern emerging with the way the letters join up on those supplied by Jeff.

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom