Latest Modern Acquisitions

grinchy

Sith Lord
Ah I see, nothing wrong with to many ewoks, :D
I've been planning on making a lifesize ewok bust for a while now, maybe next year i'll get round to it, cheers mate
And russ hope you find some in store, fill yer boots! :D

Hooch

Jedi Knight
grinchy said:
Ah I see, nothing wrong with to many ewoks, :D
I've been planning on making a lifesize ewok bust for a while now, maybe next year i'll get round to it, cheers mate
I would love a life size myself. I have seen a few pop up on ebay etc but postage down to Australia is a killer. I hold out that someone down here gets sick of the one they have and sell it :D I do have one of the big Candy Bowl Ewoks greeting me at the door as a fill in for the moment

grinchy

Sith Lord
Shipping is always expensive on bigger stuff, its just a project I've been wanting to do for ages, that or an ewok baby

Right I went out and got a few extra figures, if anyone wants them for 5.99 each plus postage shoot me a message SOLD!
DSC06167_zpslxll75tk.jpg

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Grinchy mate you mentioned the paint apps not being the best on the HB 6" figures.
Checked out my branch today and noticed it myself - are these factory seconds? They had a few on the shelves but Chewie had no teeth, Stormie didn't have silver detail on helmet or plus yellowish legs and Finn's neck wasn't painted. BB8 looked the worst though!
Will keep checking, with any luck some slightly better ones come in.

Attachments

• WP_20161102_13_57_09_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161102_13_57_09_Pro.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 826
  • WP_20161102_13_57_39_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161102_13_57_39_Pro.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 832
  • WP_20161102_13_58_06_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161102_13_58_06_Pro.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 824

TEEBO1979

Padawan
I bought a kylo ren and a stormtrooper. The kylo ren is fine for the price and displays fine . But the stormtrooper 's arm fell off when I opened the box so that went back. Iam not going to bother buying anymore. I think they are factory seconds being sold off cheap.

TEEBO1979

Padawan
Sinniberg said:
Hi, just out of curiosity are the feet on your one okay?.

There's a thread on Facebook which shows some of them have a slightly crooked back foot/heel but it doesn't affect how they stand.

No the foot on mine looks normal no issues.

grinchy

Sith Lord
Not sure on the seconds theory, the bb8s all look like that one, could be, they'll do for me though, the chewie I have here has his teeth and looks fine, as does the trooper, see what happens maybe they'll get more in

TEEBO1979

Padawan
Sinniberg said:
Cheers, I actually received my Hover Tank Driver on Tuesday and it's all good, infact it's a phenominal figure!.

Iam over the moon with mine one of the best in the range, well worth getting a hold of.

TEEBO1979

Padawan
I was in Toys R Us this morning and there Black series Rey had a BB8 with black patches on its head, so everywhere must have this stock at the moment.

On a side note if anyone in the Newcastle area if after a Hovertank Pilot The Metrocentre Toys R Us have two in stock on there shelves.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
grinchy said:
Not sure on the seconds theory, the bb8s all look like that one, could be, they'll do for me though, the chewie I have here has his teeth and looks fine, as does the trooper, see what happens maybe they'll get more in

Didn't think Hasbro would sell seconds - not great for reputation as unless they are marked that way people will think that is the standard.

If they are not factory rejects I worry about future releases though because these are a big step down in quality - no silver paint on Stormie helmet, no black paint on belt, no paint on Finns neck and over-all just look inferior.

And the paint job on BB8!!!!!!

I'm going to check barcodes to see if they are different.

Russ J

Jedi Master
Picked up a few more pieces...

Rogue One 'VS' pack...Rebel Commander Pao vs Imperial Death Trooper

RO%20PIC%2010_zps1gjrarz6.jpg

POTF 2 Flashback figure...

Aunt Beru...

FB%20PIC%204_zpssql01887.jpg

I only need two more Flashback figures to complete the line up (there are 11 in the line up)...Anakin and C3PO...If anyone has good examples of these two figures and is interested in off loading them (pending price) give me a shout....

Russ... 8)

Unkle1977

Just seen that Toy r Us have most of their 6 " series at £9.99 each including Rogue 1

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/mobile/toys/s?Dy=1&Nty=1&N=0&Ntt=+Black+series+6&x=0&y=0

smiler289

Youngling
Hi! Thought I would post a pic of my swag from yesterday! Quite a nice little haul. Been looking for Reys speeder bike for a bit and found one in toysrus on sale, it's a great toy, seams a lot better made than some of the other vehicles produced lately.
Picked the battle damages tie striker at toysrus too along with the 2 pack of Poe and snowtrooper. The only rogue one 2 pack I had seen out of 2 toysrus, 4 tescos and 2 entertainments! Either I have missed them or their just not being put out on display.
All the other figures are from tescos who are doing a great price on them at the moment £6.75. What they should be priced at really.

Attachments

• 20161110_151706.jpg
    20161110_151706.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 737

smiler289

Youngling
To be fair those figure prices are the best I have seen for along time. Nowhere seams to discount them or not by much anyway and unless you live near a big store it's difficult finding star wars toys at all and when they do have them they don't have the full range.
Not like the good old days of Redgates in Sheffield haha.

TEEBO1979

Padawan
Unkle1977 said:
Just seen that Toy r Us have most of their 6 " series at £9.99 each including Rogue 1

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/mobile/toys/s?Dy=1&Nty=1&N=0&Ntt=+Black+series+6&x=0&y=0

Tesco are selling the Black Series Rogue One for £16, but unlike ToysRUs they have them in stock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom