Latest Modern Acquisitions

Russ J

Jedi Master
Thats a great little haul there smiler,did'nt realise there were two differant art designs for the TIE Striker...nice one 8)

Your right on the Rogue One 2 pack sets,i've only ever seen them in Toys R Us,the single figures they seem to be everywhere,but not the 2 pack figures...Smyths don't stock them,The Entertainer don't,Asda,Tesco etc...don't either...strange its not like they are TRU exclusives (as far as I know anyway)....

I've got a couple of new additions...

Naboo Royal Security...

TPM%20PIC%2014_zpsnbfywz8w.jpg

POTF 2 Green Card Luke with T-16 Skyhopper model with Commtech Chip (this is the only figure I have in this line but there are a few more to collect)...

PIC%201_zpsmyp78cws.jpg

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Don't normally have the opportunity to post in here but received a wonderful Sideshow Collectible figure for my birthday today - perfect for my focus and couldn't be more pleased with him.

IMG_5272.JPG

Sinniberg

Padawan
I am slowly getting more and more sucked in by these 6'figures.

When I started collecting last year I said to myself that it would just be the ones I really liked but it looks as if this is going to be another one :lol: .

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Lom said:
Don't normally have the opportunity to post in here but received a wonderful Sideshow Collectible figure for my birthday today - perfect for my focus and couldn't be more pleased with him.

Happy birthday mate :) And what an awesome gift! Of course, you now need one to rip out of the box. And an AT-AT. To scale..... ;)

The back-drop to this photo is hardly a new acquisition. It came with a mixed lot of sundry from Vectis about a year ago, but only just rediscovered it and put it together. Whether folks love or hate the toy line from mid to late 90s I'm finding they're giving me a bigger and bigger nostalgia kick. I remember eating crisps like a demon (wasn't hard, I was a student and crisps, a pint and a packet of pork scratchings was considered a 3 course meal) to try and collect them all. Love this 3d backdrop. If only I had the rest of the stand to go with it! Excuse the washed out colours. It's bright and strong in real life. What also isn't apparent from the photo is that the text is in the background whilst the images stand proud in the foreground.

The items in the foreground are defo new acquisitions. the TT and Luke arrived from the US a week or so ago and the Wampa from Andy week before last. I missed out on a coloured first shot on FB this week for an incredibly generous $250. C'est la vie. I seem to have stumbled on a new sub-theme in my modern sub-theme: Hoth pre-prod.

IMG_8587_zpsowl5lcbk.jpg

IMG_8590_zpsjy0cvf8n.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
Brilliant pick ups scruffy, I remember getting through loads of crisps looking for the discs, took forever which is of course why they did it, lol
Nice hoth preproduction stuff, I like seeing different stages in the production of these figures, very cool

Got a couple of nice pickups today, the poe dameron set is reduced at argos to £8.99, box isn't perfect and this was the best of 3 they sent up, it'll do for me, the bagged bossk figures and coin on the easel are from lejackal
fin_zpsrj4lcuv6.jpg

smiler289

Youngling
New figure today picked up at tesco. I didn't realise there were already two different versions of jyn erso
I like the figures but not a fan of the oversized accessories.

Attachments

• 20161114_152503.jpg
    20161114_152503.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 691

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Rare foray into modern for me....

Black series Proto Fett to go with my other fett and a Star killer base Kylo Ren which I've picked up for my Lad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 688

grinchy

Sith Lord
Hey smiler, welcome to the boards! I wasn't aware that there were already two versions of jyn out, must be the second wave of figures.

Great scores mike, that proto fett is a beauty, the kylo is cool to, are you getting the rey figure with snowy base that goes with that one?

Russ J

Jedi Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
The back-drop to this photo is hardly a new acquisition. It came with a mixed lot of sundry from Vectis about a year ago, but only just rediscovered it and put it together. Whether folks love or hate the toy line from mid to late 90s I'm finding they're giving me a bigger and bigger nostalgia kick. I remember eating crisps like a demon (wasn't hard, I was a student and crisps, a pint and a packet of pork scratchings was considered a 3 course meal) to try and collect them all. Love this 3d backdrop. If only I had the rest of the stand to go with it! Excuse the washed out colours. It's bright and strong in real life. What also isn't apparent from the photo is that the text is in the background whilst the images stand proud in the foreground.

The items in the foreground are defo new acquisitions. the TT and Luke arrived from the US a week or so ago and the Wampa from Andy week before last. I missed out on a coloured first shot on FB this week for an incredibly generous $250. C'est la vie. I seem to have stumbled on a new sub-theme in my modern sub-theme: Hoth pre-prod.

Ive got a few shop display pieces from when Walkers were doing the Tazo run but not got any photos of them (they are in the loft)...i'll sort out some photos asap....

Picked up another two pieces...

Another addition to my ROTS line...

ROTS%20PIC%2013_zps8wrj98zm.jpg

Another one of the Green card with commtech chip figures...

PIC%202_zpsvtvpjwfz.jpg

Russ....

smiler289

Youngling
grinchy said:
Hey smiler, welcome to the boards! I wasn't aware that there were already two versions of jyn out, must be the second wave of figures.

Great scores mike, that proto fett is a beauty, the kylo is cool to, are you getting the rey figure with snowy base that goes with that one?

Cheers Grinchy!

I have collected vintage star wars figures on and off over the years, collected, sold, collected, sold, now collecting to keep and to get as complete of a vintage collection as I can afford now I can afford to buy all the ones my parents couldn't.
I love these new figures for the new films because of how they are like the vintage figures. Multiple points of articulation is great but I am kind of a retro guy.
I collect a few lines of vintage figures including the black hole and buck rogers which have great articulation! I have an almost complete collection of modern tron figures aswell as vintage.
They all bring me happy memories!

On the rogue one front. I have the 2 figure packs in Debenham today. Was very tempted as they have the imperial figures in them but at 18 quid a pack I just thought they were too expensive. But if anyone wants to know who stocks them, head down to Debenham!
Tesco now have a buy 3 for the price of two on their entire star wars range.

smiler289

Youngling
New recruits for the collection today from tesco. I believe the box set is an khols exclusive in the USA. It was £22.46. The force awakens figures are going for £5.56 and the rogue one figures are still at £6.75.

Attachments

• 20161123_185256.jpg
    20161123_185256.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 831

MarkG

Jedi Master
Popped in to TRU earlier to get some Xmas prezzies for our niece.... Ended up walking out with the 6" Scale TIE Fighter as well..

For the size, and price I couldn't pass it by.

Russ J

Jedi Master
MarkG said:
Popped in to TRU earlier to get some Xmas prezzies for our niece.... Ended up walking out with the 6" Scale TIE Fighter as well..

For the size, and price I couldn't pass it by.

This is a big beast of a toy,I don't collect the 6" black series stuff but I've been very tempted by this myself and at the price TRU have got it for atm it's a steal 8)

Latest posts

Top Bottom