Latest Modern Acquisitions

Hooch

Jedi Knight
I don't normally buy modern unless its cheap and fits into my focus
This one fits all of that well. Postage was 3X the cost of the item and still got it less than the average ebay sold price posted
001596.JPG

Bobablade13

I think the boxed black series 6 inch are the best line since the vintage collection from 5 to 10 years ago. Managed to get the lot (apart from 3 of the 4 clone troopers and that hard to get at the right price, red shoulder sandtrooper). Even got lucky the day I walked into forbidden planet a couple of months ago when they had just got their only delivery of Rey/BB8, kylo ren, phasma, chewie and phasma (one of each - apart from chewie - they got sent a handful of him). However, a word of warning for any 6 inch collector (if you are not already aware) - there are a load of fake boxed and sealed versions of certain figures being sold on eBay at the moment. They all seem to come from Japan and they are being offered at very low prices. Of course this is a great option if they are intended for kds to play with, but as a collector I want the real thing. I found this out when I bought myself a Darth maul for £20. I'd seen these go for up to £80/£100 on eBay, so thought I had dropped on big time. When it came, you could tell that the paint job was not quite as good as the real thing, the box was far glossier than the other real ones I had, but the biggest give away was that although the box was totally labled and pictured as a Darth maul box, the bar code said 'sandtrooper' above! I've not seen any fake TFA 6 inch yet, but just be careful if you're after the real thing. If it seems too cheap, ask the seller what it says on the bar code (although I can only speak for the Darth maul I was sent of course). Was gonna get the sandtrooper i was after from the same seller in Japan, but decided that ill pay the going rate of a real one -£50 - when i stop spending all my money on going back to the cinema to go see it again! Looking forward to the next line coming out, but there are a few figures that don't seem to either have been released yet or there's doesn't seem to be any intention of making them. Namely, C3PO, vintage obiwan, new hope Luke, new hope Leia and bespin Lando. Hopefully they will appear in the not too distant future. If anyone knows if any of the 5 are to be released I would be very grateful to find out

Collins1987

Padawan
Alright Mate, Luke from a new hope is currently available for pre-order on certain websites for the 6" black series line. It is saying expected release is feb/march 2016 not sure if that is 100% accurate, I have preordered the Black series 6" Jango and Ashoka figures due to be released shortly.

I believe Ashoka is from the same wave as the new hope luke, when I ordered it had a date of 30th of march 2016 as release date.

http://www.staractionfigures.co.uk/630509394579.html

That's where I got mine from, I'm sure other places will probably have them for preorder as well though

grinchy

Sith Lord
I had seen the japanese maul figure and nearly got one myself, can you share any pics? if its not that bad i could live with it.
I went to tru today and picked up this phasma figure, around twelve inches tall, they must have had a deliverey in as they had around twenty of them, had to dig through a lot of them to find one without a scuffed helmet this was the best one i found
WP_20160108_12_51_35_Pro_zpsss7ufygy.jpg

eloiasia

Youngling
Bobablade13 said:
I think the boxed black series 6 inch are the best line since the vintage collection from 5 to 10 years ago. Managed to get the lot (apart from 3 of the 4 clone troopers and that hard to get at the right price, red shoulder sandtrooper). Even got lucky the day I walked into forbidden planet a couple of months ago when they had just got their only delivery of Rey/BB8, kylo ren, phasma, chewie and phasma (one of each - apart from chewie - they got sent a handful of him). However, a word of warning for any 6 inch collector (if you are not already aware) - there are a load of fake boxed and sealed versions of certain figures being sold on eBay at the moment. They all seem to come from Japan and they are being offered at very low prices. Of course this is a great option if they are intended for kds to play with, but as a collector I want the real thing. I found this out when I bought myself a Darth maul for £20. I'd seen these go for up to £80/£100 on eBay, so thought I had dropped on big time. When it came, you could tell that the paint job was not quite as good as the real thing, the box was far glossier than the other real ones I had, but the biggest give away was that although the box was totally labled and pictured as a Darth maul box, the bar code said 'sandtrooper' above! I've not seen any fake TFA 6 inch yet, but just be careful if you're after the real thing. If it seems too cheap, ask the seller what it says on the bar code (although I can only speak for the Darth maul I was sent of course). Was gonna get the sandtrooper i was after from the same seller in Japan, but decided that ill pay the going rate of a real one -£50 - when i stop spending all my money on going back to the cinema to go see it again! Looking forward to the next line coming out, but there are a few figures that don't seem to either have been released yet or there's doesn't seem to be any intention of making them. Namely, C3PO, vintage obiwan, new hope Luke, new hope Leia and bespin Lando. Hopefully they will appear in the not too distant future. If anyone knows if any of the 5 are to be released I would be very grateful to find out

Totally agree with you, such a great line and so many possibilities for displaying them since they are well articulated and most of the time the paint application is ok, I missed this line completely when it first came out and now trying to track some of the figures from 2013 but as you"ve mentioned some of them can be pricey, I ordered Maul from china as this will do for now and it should arrive before next month, I've read some reviews about it and over all it's a well made knock off, once it's in my hands I'll be able to tell more about it.

For the upcoming once I always check rebel scum as there is a section for that matter, but mostly for the US releases, it seam that Jango and Han from TFA are already out but no sign of them here in UK. Happy hunting !

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Me as well mate - thought £30 was a great price at the time. I nipped down to Tesco this morning after work and they were £20 on the shelf but scanned for a tenner at the checkout. Really chuffed as it's my fav TFA vehicle so nice to have one boxed.

lejackal

Grand Master
Just got back from getting the Special Forces Tie and I really think Tescos have made a mistake on these. Locally they are in the new stock section priced at £20 but scanning at £10! That's the same as a figure! Flipping awesome for us though, its out the box and on display already 8)

Robstyley

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
Just got back from getting the Special Forces Tie and I really think Tescos have made a mistake on these. Locally they are in the new stock section priced at £20 but scanning at £10! That's the same as a figure! Flipping awesome for us though, its out the box and on display already 8)

Could you post a photo of it out the box mate? Interested to see what they look like, haven't seen any of the new vehicles. I'm a big Tie Fighter fan and although I'm not really into the new merch I might like one of these. Is it the same size as Vintage one? Cheers

lejackal

Grand Master
Robstyley said:
lejackal said:

Could you post a photo of it out the box mate? Interested to see what they look like, haven't seen any of the new vehicles. I'm a big Tie Fighter fan and although I'm not really into the new merch I might like one of these. Is it the same size as Vintage one? Cheers
Here you go mate, the missiles fire and the wings pop off as you would expect, the cockpit seats 2 and the gun turrets swivel.

Now go and splash the cash :D

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Just picked one of these up in Tesco's for a tenner as well, very chuffed! :D
Its shows as out of stock on Tesco Direct (for £10 as well) so I wonder if Tesco are running the stock down to put something else on the shelves? Probably Lego no doubt.

Standard figs down to 8 quid but I feel thats still too expensive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom