Latest Modern Acquisitions

grinchy

Sith Lord
Nice black series scores stronghold, love the trooper, would love to have one but i'm guessing its scalper prices now on ebay for it, love the luke and wampa set to
The At-AE walker has a motorised piece the flap that folds out at the rear of it, you press a button and it extends out by itself, that to me is awesome, lol, i know what you mean about the comparison to the AT AT vehicle, my favourite vehicle when i was a kid heres a pic next to mine
DSCF5610_zpsxazgcqfn.jpg

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Awesome AT-TE Grinchy!

Went to my local Sainsburys today and was pleasantly surprised to see they have 25% off on the new Wave 8 of the BS. I brought Mosep,Dutch Vander,Jawas,Commander Thorn and Princess Leia. There was also Vader, C3PO and Chewie there.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
You won't find me posting here very often. It's not that I don't love some of the new stuff (Black Series in particular) but I just can't justify spending the money on that and not on vintage.....usually.

Passed a mean exam yesterday and right opposite was an Entertainer. Would be rude not to go in and pick up something for my daughter as a surprise. One set of trash packs later and I almost trip over this fella. I'd seen the Vader which I liked, but not the Stormtrooper. Absolutely superb figure! It's spot on and I love the scale, although he really shouldn't be as tall as Vader. There's one of the original guys perched on his shoulder for scale. 31" of Imperial power :) So I thought I'd treat myself and pick him up. Full retail at £40 and no doubt will be £20 before you know it, but what the hell. I hadn't expected to pass the exam so I reckoned I deserved it.

ST1.jpg

Whilst justifying the purchase, I forgot I was on my way to pick up these two! I'm no fan of the prequels, but I had always liked these POS pieces in TRU when they came out. Never thought I'd be lucky enough to own them and they were at a really good price, too:

NS1.jpg

The canopy is inside the body and need re-gluing, as do the front end of the engines, but no damage to it, otherwise. Again, ol' Stormie on the front of the Naboo Starfighter to give it some scale. Want to pick up a few more of the Droid Fighters.

All in all, a great day for modern pick ups.

grinchy

Sith Lord
great scores, love the trooper i have one myself, great piece for the money, only minor nitpick is the matt finish on the helmet compared to the gloss body, but its very cool
And the other two pickups are very nice to, that naboo fighter is huge!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Cheers grinchy. You know, I didn't notice the contrast until you pointed it out. I noticed it was rubber versus the hard plastic but the difference in finish passed me by.

My mine gripe with these and the smaller 18" ones (I have Boba, TFP, Biker Scout and Chewie; all picked up for a reasonable £15 each) is the fact you can't remove the accessories from their hands. And the fact Boba is clearly meant to come with one but doesn't! Fair play for the cloth cape though; nice touch I thought.

These oversized figures are awesome, though, and I see myself picking most of them up. I want to see a 31" ERG and Hoth Trooper next, both with cloth capes :)

And yes, the Naboo SF is massive. Not sure where it's going yet but it's begging to be hung somewhere.

chiffy

Sith Lord
Love those EP1 ships mate! I too have the same gripe with the stormie. I couldnt bring myself to buy 1 with the difference in helmet/body being huge to me! It's because of the han and luke sormies available so cuts costs for disney by just having the light rubbery plastic heads and teh same body moulds. The bastards, my fave character aswell :(

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
chiffy said:
Love those EP1 ships mate! I too have the same gripe with the stormie. I couldnt bring myself to buy 1 with the difference in helmet/body being huge to me! It's because of the han and luke sormies available so cuts costs for disney by just having the light rubbery plastic heads and teh same body moulds. The bastards, my fave character aswell :(

Woaaah.....They do Han and Luke stormies in this size? :shock:

grinchy

Sith Lord
yes they sure do, i haven't seen them in the wild yet but i'm sure they will be
Heres my latest, luke was an ebay bid, put a cheeky offer of 9 quid in and they accepted, said there was box damage but i can't see any
DSCF5618_zpsaa21lkyu.jpg

Went out today to tru, i had said it was a tossup between this guy and yoda, but this clone trooper won, yoda looks so small in the packaging especially for the price, i'll wait till he comes down a bit
DSCF5626_zpsxnhadit8.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
I agree the black series are a great line of figures, hope they continue them.
Heres my latest, another Fett, love the look of this one, more in proportion than the last one i bought, missing his gun though
_57_zpsl3hrijww.jpg

Gorneesh

Jedi Knight
Some great stuff picked up by everyone on here, well done guys keep it up.
Here is mine its only a small pick up but I'm very happy with him..
FullSizeRender%204_zpswfoeewlx.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
Heres another R2 for my shelf, from the saga collection, i must say this is a great figure, what with accesorys and a hologram figure to, the R2 figure is really nicely done as well with a vac metalised dome and weathering on the body.
I wish they still did all the pack in stuff with the latest lines, now we are getting less for more money, i'm not sure what these originally retailed at but i bet it was less than we are paying now.
DSCF5627_zpsdm0w4aoi.jpg

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Gorneesh - cracking Kubrick mate, another great addition to your focus

Grinchy - saga R2 is one of my favs, Hoth scene or card, lovely figure and as you mentioned great accessories. I was just away to buy this very figure on ebay as it was a nice low buy it now price but it went (hope it was you that got it) before I clicked it :D

I'm going to find a beat up one for opening as I want to add the survival kit that comes with it to my Dagobah X Wing.

Has everyone noticed Asda are clearing all the SW figures half price, bloody typical my local has zero decent figures!

grinchy

Sith Lord
Hey bud
Yeah i got this on ebay, 3.99 i put in a cheeky offer of 3 quid and they accepted, definately worth it, i've been checking my local asda, no half price figures yet but whats there has been through the wars anyway, scuffed and bent cards, not very good

Clone Collector

Padawan
Hi guys, man it's been a while but thought I would nip past and say hello.

Latest purchase was the Revoltech Boba Fett 6" figure, awesome thing to behold. Bought the Stormy version last week and it is DIABOLICALLY bad, really terrible quality, avoid it if possible people.

Recent buys in the SW model kit field have been the line of Bandai kits, they are simply wonderful quality and must buys. Have the X Wing, TIE fighter and advance, Snowspeeder, Vader, 3P0 and R2 + R5 set and lastly the Stormtrooper. Picked up two really cheap Finemolds kits too, 1:144 Slave 1 and 1:72 Jedi Starfighter with hyperspace ring.

Pics to come

Collins1987

Padawan
Hi db94,

Just wanted to say good shout on the Asda managed to pick up a 6" black series chewie for cheap. gonna check out my local Asda superstore after work and see if I can find anything decent in there.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Welcome to the forum, glad you got something in the sale, get some pictures of your collection uploaded and join in the fun :D I've been hitting any Asda close to me and so far the only thing I've picked up is another Stormie. A month or two ago the pegs were full of Black Series and saga figures but now they are half price nothing!

WP_20150812_002_zpsdwehrwjm.jpg

Collins1987

Padawan
These are my latest additions to my collection... keeping an eye out for some bargains. Looks like toys r us have a sale on sale wars figures at the minute with all the 6" down £6

Attachments

• New Additions.png
    New Additions.png
    188.4 KB · Views: 643

Latest posts

Top Bottom