Latest Modern Acquisitions

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Well yesterday me and the quine decided to go on a proper toy run.
Been checking in with my local Home Bargains ever since I saw Grinchy's post on the Legacy figures being £4.99 (thanks again mate for the kind offer) but they don't have them in stock. Heard from djbighair that Smyths also stocked them so as Inverness is only a 50 minute drive away and has both a HB and a Smyths we set off yesterday.
Nothing in HB but wow I love Smyths, bloody huge and full of friendly staff. They had the whole wave of legacy figures which meant I was sorely tempted to buy more than I needed but I went for the ones I was really after - Sandtrooper and Biker Scout, think they look great on these cards. Now that I'm home I wish I'd bought the TIE pilot as well - could always go back next weekend :D

WP_20150606_007_zpsomj7m7eq.jpg

They had the Lego Slave1 on the shelves as well - very nice looking

My daughter bought Bossk and IG88

WP_20150606_004_zpsrw4n3jvd.jpg

They look great and are a fine example of how good 5 POA figures look, honestly I would be quite happy if this is the direction Hasbro take for the future. Gorneesh great Bossk for your focus mate

We grabbed a pizza and enjoyed the drive home, popped into Asda just before we got home and found the latest wave of Rebel figures so she quickly grabbed the one she's been looking for - Sabine and Stormie, think she had them open before we got out the car :D shame Asda charge £10.99 and Smyths are only £6.99 for same figures!

WP_20150606_008_zpswt8cekmp.jpg

Didn't buy a huge amount but it was a great day

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
She is a cracker - nope fixed helmet which I suppose is better for long term play value as it wont get lost, both blasters are removable and she has two working holsters.

I'll be checking both Smyths and Asda so if they get more stock I can always give you a shout :D

Just noticed the Legacy bubbles are attached to the card with sellotape not heat sealed, thought the tape was an extra but looking at them closely it's just tape. This line is very interesting, glad I've got one in my collection.

grinchy

Sith Lord
Glad you got what you were after mate, i've been checking once a week to see if they got new stock in, nothing yet, need a tie fighter pilot myself

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
grinchy said:
Glad you got what you were after mate, i've been checking once a week to see if they got new stock in, nothing yet, need a tie fighter pilot myself

Phoned Inverness to see if they still had TIE Pilot for you - they do but the prices went up yesterday to £8.99 :(
Still cheaper than Black Series but shame they have jumped up 2 quid.

Will phone the Aberdeen branch and see if they are they same, daughter wants to do another toy run this weekend so it'll either be Inverness or Aberdeen.

I'll find out prices and you can let me know if you want him :D

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Just back from Aberdeen - we hit Smyths and got 2 more Legacy figures at £6.99 so their prices haven't gone up, although the other double packs were £10.99 compared to £6.99 in Inverness.

Then went to Forbidden Planet and picked up a Chopper and talking Tauntaun. The Chopper is actually my wife's first carded figure, she mentioned she wanted one the other day as he's so "cute"

Then went to Toys R Us and got absolutely nothing! Shelves were practically bare of SW toys.

Bloody love toy runs :D

WP_20150611_010_zpsc71jo5qi.jpg

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
sith-smith said:
Never posted here before!!

Congratulations on picking those up - they are superb and great addition to any collection

Congrats also on popping your modern cherry :D

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Hey hey hey stranger - good to see you back, and back with a huge haul!

Man you've got one of everything there - damn nice mate :D

lee gray

Sith Lord
IMG_20150617_170645.jpg
Not exactly a new item i bought but i saw aload of legacy build a droid figures in n Smyth's toys, they had 2 different sets

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
db94 said:
Hey hey hey stranger - good to see you back, and back with a huge haul!

Man you've got one of everything there - damn nice mate :D

Hey Colin. Hope all is well.

Yes delighted with the figures! Cost a pretty penny but well worth it. Love the VC Commander Gree 8)

grinchy

Sith Lord
Went on a toy run today and came up basically empty, two home and bargains and two toysrus had next to nothing, but i did pick up this guy
tie_zpsheb7y9ax.jpg

and the two loose arc troopers were an ebay find

grinchy

Sith Lord
The six inch line is great, i started with the sandtrooper and said that was enough, now i have han, proto bobba, luke, vader, luke xwing and now the tie fighter pilot, they do look cool on display :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom