AFA end loose u-grading

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Maybe sceptical but I wonder whether this decision is being taken with maybe the fact that they no longer get many people requesting ugrades so by banning the procedure gives them good publicity across many forums and facebook groups whilst not affecting their profits. If Ugrading was at it's peak I doubt they would be taking this decision.
The answer of a cynic, :wink: but I truly believe you are 100% correct!
It's just about making as much noise as possible to make them look like a caring and consensus company, which they obviously aren't.

Yeap, summed up perfectly.

chewbaccadave

Jedi Knight
" We have finished compiling the results of the multiple surveys we've conducted over the past year and as a result will no longer assign the 'U' or "Uncirculated" designation for loose vintage toys. This change will go into effect for submissions received after the end of the current month."

Does this mean they are accepting them for another 19 days?,cheers Dave.

smarchitelli

Only reason AFA stopped U grading was to copy/follow CAS :roll: , who is taking a HUGE chunk of their business away . . .

_Lee_

Sith Lord
AFA,UKG,CAS-they are all the same. You cant like one and dislike the other. They are all responsible in some way, shape or form. It was a sad day when AFA started it off though, people wanted their toys graded - really??? :lol:

I grade stuff myself and buy the acrylic. Personally i find the fact that people pay a premium to buy something that has been passed off as authentic, quite abhorrent. Much of this hobby needs two very important things - knowledge and research. Its just that some people cannot be bothered with that and take the easy route.

Jez

Sith Lord
chewbaccadave said:
" We have finished compiling the results of the multiple surveys we've conducted over the past year and as a result will no longer assign the 'U' or "Uncirculated" designation for loose vintage toys. This change will go into effect for submissions received after the end of the current month."

Does this mean they are accepting them for another 19 days?,cheers Dave.

Exactly!! Quick you bunch of U grading Thunderc##ts, send us loads of stuff in now to guarantee getting a great investment!!
They should just stop it as of NOW!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom