Grading query

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
I've always assumed for the grading of a Moc, for the card they would look at the front, back ,edges and if the card lay flat.
Is this a general requirement, or am I incorrect in my thinking ?

Paul

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I've always assumed for the grading of a Moc, for the card they would look at the front, back ,edges and if the card lay flat.
Is this a general requirement, or am I incorrect in my thinking ?

Paul
Sounds about right, I would suggest that touch up would also be checked for.

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Sounds about right, I would suggest that touch up would also be checked for.

I think it would be rejected if they suspected that, I'm sure it's in their terms. Glad you're in agreement as I've always considered a purchase with this in mind.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
First thing UKG do is scan a MOC with a UV light, any ink shows up and it's rejected.

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
First thing UKG do is scan a MOC with a UV light, any ink shows up and it's rejected.

So in theory uv light should highlight other marks on the card, like veining, and other miniscule blemishes due to the surface being broken. And if a mark was being disguised by a price sticker ?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I imagine UV light would only reveal certain non-original additions to the card surface, such as black pen touch-ups. Creases and veining might also show up, but no more (and probably less, I would think) than standard white light would.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom