Would you be collecting if it wasn't for Star Wars?

mumbo

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:
Anyone else wondering if they made DT paperclips? :lol:

Yes. I'd probably collect GN'R memorabilia or some other rock band. I own 1000s of books so I always collect something

Ah yes the Meccano DT (deuce ton) was my favourite variant of paper clip :)

But all this talk of DT is lost on most members now :wink:

Cymonguk

Padawan
I was going to say no, but I have a huge SW Mini collection, some RPG books, and vintage games, so I imagine I would. Although it wouldnt be toys as SW was my main toy.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Even though my first love is SW, i love picking up retro 1980,s stuff aswell. I also love BSG and Chips and i collect vintage from both those.

jasdev999

Jedi Master
skywalker said:
I collect pre-cert and ex-rental VHS tapes along with SW so if no SW it would solely be the VHS tapes...

I got a few VHS and you can have these for free (just pay postage or collect from my house). These are all good condition and all good films. A few WW2 and John Wayne ones too. Cheers .Jas

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
I am and I do. I've collected all kinds of things over the years, but my chief areas of interest are:

Doctor Who: since the mid-80s pretty much constantly;
Blur (the band): since the early/mid 90s and ever since;
Vintage Star Wars: on/off since the early 90s.

I used to collect anything and everything to do with Doctor Who, but these days it's the DVDs/Blu-rays and Big Chief 1/6 scale figures. I also used to collect trading cards until the later releases made it nigh-on impossible to collect a complete set.

I think I've always been a collector which is strange because my parents aren't at all. However, I've really curbed myself over the past 5-10 years to focus on areas of particular interest.

skywalker

Jedi Master
jasdev999 said:
skywalker said:
I collect pre-cert and ex-rental VHS tapes along with SW so if no SW it would solely be the VHS tapes...

I got a few VHS and you can have these for free (just pay postage or collect from my house). These are all good condition and all good films. A few WW2 and John Wayne ones too. Cheers .Jas

Hey Jas very kind offer PM sent.

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
SAVORY100 said:
I grew up with collecting around me.

My Father was a teacher by day and radio DJ (BBC Radio WM, BBC Radio Stoke, BBC Radio Shropshire, Signal Radio), and record collector by night/weekend. He essentially brought the concept of record fairs to the UK (starting in the south East of England and moving up to the Midlands) he also wrote, printed and distributed (worldwide) the fanzine Hot Buttered Soul, which was at the time considered the seminal fanzine for anyone with an interest in northern soul. He was lucky enough (as was I as either a baby or unborn child!) lucky enough to meet and interview Diana Ross, Jimi Hendrix amongst others and became friends with Jimmi Page. All of this was backed up with of course a collecting room, a collecting room that was the size of an average living room with all walls shelved (bar one with a desk and stereo) floor to ceiling, filled with vinyl... millions of the things.

OK that got my attention!

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
theguiltyone said:
SAVORY100 said:
I grew up with collecting around me.

My Father was a teacher by day and radio DJ (BBC Radio WM, BBC Radio Stoke, BBC Radio Shropshire, Signal Radio), and record collector by night/weekend. He essentially brought the concept of record fairs to the UK (starting in the south East of England and moving up to the Midlands) he also wrote, printed and distributed (worldwide) the fanzine Hot Buttered Soul, which was at the time considered the seminal fanzine for anyone with an interest in northern soul. He was lucky enough (as was I as either a baby or unborn child!) lucky enough to meet and interview Diana Ross, Jimi Hendrix amongst others and became friends with Jimmi Page. All of this was backed up with of course a collecting room, a collecting room that was the size of an average living room with all walls shelved (bar one with a desk and stereo) floor to ceiling, filled with vinyl... millions of the things.

OK that got my attention!

Are you a record collector then? ... curiously he wrote for Record Collector magazine too..

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
I am but to say I was is probably more accurate these days. I love the look of a record collection and don't get me started on the smell :D
I'm new to Northern Soul but it's grabbed my by the bollox and I'm still swinging.

marc

rdpla

Jedi Knight
Vintage Batman vehicles and robots... pre 1976
some of the best toys ever made. mainly Japanese....most will still work like a dream, fantastic workmanship

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom