What's your most over hyped?

MarkG

Jedi Master
poncho said:
vc1 black stormtrooper blaster....£100+

i just give my luke stormie any stormtrooper blaster. i dont give a ****. over hyped little piece of black plastic i tell you.

and you get people buying cheap droids mocs and removing the black blaster....madness and sacrilage.

And not all Luke Stormtroopers came with this 'black' blaster either so why people want it I just can't comprehend....

I can however understand the Imperial Gunner and A Wing blasters going for a good price as they were unique to those figures only and commonly lost as they were so small...

poncho

Grand Master
MarkG said:
poncho said:

i just give my luke stormie any stormtrooper blaster. i dont give a ****. over hyped little piece of black plastic i tell you.

and you get people buying cheap droids mocs and removing the black blaster....madness and sacrilage.

And not all Luke Stormtroopers came with this 'black' blaster either so why people want it I just can't comprehend....

I can however understand the Imperial Gunner and A Wing blasters going for a good price as they were unique to those figures only and commonly lost as they were so small...
they dont even fit in the hand eithier

Frunkstar

Grand Master
MarkG said:
poncho said:

The gunner is also know to have come on later tri logos with the blue blaster as palitoy ran out of stock of the black ones, so I have heard from folks who used to work at palitoy

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
MarkG said:

This.

If I find one, it's getting sold faster than ya can make a priest's socks reference.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Kenner 12 backs as well for me, theirs loads of them. Easeast to collect out of the pre Jedi debut cards IMO. The 20, 21, 31, 41 and 45 backs seem to be much harder to get hold of, with exception of the major caractors the later debut cards are a fraction of the price of all the 12 backs.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Trilogo Yak for sure. A £250-300 MOC for a decade, then overnight everyone thinks they're worth £1000. Madness, I wouldn't even put him in the top 20 rarest trilogos yet he's the fourth most expensive.

maxf

Jedi Master
Yak face is more common (loose) than a pop-up R2 - its much harder to find a nice R2!

I can't see any loose Star Wars figure (aside from a very few super rare variations) is worth more than about £100.

I find most of the hobby over hyped at the moment!

plantainman

Jedi Master
HK Hollow tube tusken raiders.

Far from rare, yet they can command absurd prices.

I sold a complete one which was ~C85 for £40 just a couple years ago, I've seen them go for over six times that amount recently! Just crazy for not exactly a HTF figure.

TrisCompany

Jedi Knight
That's interesting about the Hoth YPS Snowtrooper SA80. I hadn't realised that before that there was a different rifle for that version. It's a quality rifle! (not worth 80 quid though).

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Yeh gotta agree with the general choices, loose VCJ, Tri carded Yak, last 17 and what has shocked me the most recently, the incredible increase in loose figure and weapon prices :!: The solid black Luke Stormie blaster :shock:

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Loose VCJ, Yak, blue Snag, R2 Pop up, Trilogo Fett all outrageous prices now. Also agree last 17 generally, well over hyped. Need most of them to complete my loose set but I won't pay the prices they're commanding. I've basically stopped collecting at the moment and I don't think I'll be able to complete it. Some of them are 200+ now, it's a joke :|

Obi-Dan Kenobi

Youngling
I never really got Fett as a character to be honest. Yeah he looked pretty cool, but he was terrible in a fight and died like a chump in ROTJ.

The myth that Yak Face is rare seems to have had a crazy effect on prices, especially over the last few years.

stormcab

Sith Lord
BadMotivator said:
As a MIB collector lots of the shittier stuff. I've seen people trying to sell the Ewok glider for £30+. Cloud car for £90+ If you pay that for either of those you're going to be very disappointed indeed!

Figure wise Imp Dig. He sat at around £20 - £22 for several years. Now they're selling for £50 - £60 with chipped nose. He's literally the shitest figure and he's not even rare, there are ten on ebay at any one time. And to make it more annoying, he's one figure I need to finish off my loose run

Well there's one of your answers right there. You need him to complete a run. Each time that happens another person says "f**k it, I need him, it's only £2 more". Multiply that situation enough and the figure is up 500%. I've stopped chasing runs. I started with the 12 back run. I actually managed it, but then wanted to get better graded ones, and a mix of foreign cards. I sold off several in the end as I actually found them quite boring MOCs. I then moved onto Palitoy. They started getting more and more silly, so halted there. Found myself saying "I need that back to go towards a run" and that lead me to justifying to myself that paying more was then ok.

I now have no targets other than "oh, that MOC looks very nice, it's a decent price, I'll have it". If you look at my showcase (link below) you'll see the partial 12 back run, a run of Palitoys, but now the top row is a random mix of recent purchases.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom