What a complete shame!

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
Hi guys, I have been trying to put together a cheap 12 back run and there was one figure I always thought I would end up buying a reseal or a damaged example, and it was the 12 back pin head Han they always go way above my budget and it is one of my fave figures from the original line, I took a speculative gambling punt on this one on E-bay recently if the sellers on here they can probably confirm
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140905902187?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
It arrived today and its a virtually perfect glossy A card Han the bubble is original to the card footer is 100% legit and the weapon appears to be the original as well tape is exactly what you would expect to find and its a solid translucent handled black blaster, the Han is perfect there is not a rub or blemish on him hands hair eyebrows are all 100% perfect there's a small area to the front of his boot that the paint hasn't taken and its a white moulded leg example, theres no tearing to the card at all it just looks like the bubbles popped off I do wonder if this is at it left the factory (bar the resealing) and such a crying shame if it is! This would have been the centre of a standard 12 back collection!

theslider

Sith Lord
It could just be a factory fault or a paint rub just happening before it was originally sealed. If it is a proper played with paint rub, then I guess it is a shame that it has been resealed on this card, but only (perhaps) someone would do that with the original figure which came with this card?

From the picture on the auction it still looks pretty good, and you got a nice price!

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
Hi slider I can't prove it but I do think this is 100% original parts as in its the figure that was with this card the tiny bit of white showing through isn't a rub its on the lip of his boot the paint around it is totally smooth I think it is just a tiny area where the paint didnt adhere to the plastic, its just such a shame the bubble has popped off as bar that its an easy afa 85 in all the subs I'm totally over the moon with it has its everything I would look for in a 12 back Han which i couldnt afford.

theslider

Sith Lord
If it's a factory error then, to me, it makes it more unique!

I'm not that cool with the grading thing - I can understand why people do it (the acrylic cases are ace!) - but it stratifies the collecting process. e.g. I collect Palitoys and I bought a carded Darth Vader that had already been graded - the card has rips, so the whole thing was grade a 30 - but it looks ACE to me! :)

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
I must admit as I have collected a little more I have come to the conclusion that grading apart from on the insanely rare stuff is a bit pointless I do have some graded stuff and some of it does look nice but these days I would just prefer to stick something in one of Christians acrylic cases and leave them be.

chazb73

Sith Lord
I had a bid on this one - congrats at winning it :wink: - I did email the seller asking if the bubble had been glued back in - as it looked perfect in the pic- but alas the seller didn't get back to me. Would have loved that one - Most of the 12 back are beyond my budget also

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
Thanks Chaz because of the waz poor pictures it was a bit of a gamble but im pretty glad i took it now, |I know its a reseal and that puts a lot of people off but i dont have the big bucks to lay down on this one.

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
Thanks Ponchoits my first reseal and i am quite happy with this one, i dont think the auction pictures helped much as it was a bit of a gamble.

escapist

Jedi Knight
Hah I was watching this auction too! Would love to see some close up pics of this if you get the chance|!

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Really nice Han example, I've got a few reseals/cut bubble cards that look as though the figure was removed for 5 mins worth of play and then put back for 30 yrs. It's definitely a shame but on the other hand I probably wouldn't own them if they hadn't been opened as they'd be worth a hell of a lot more.

My Palitoy Chewy for example :shock:$$$$$$ :shock: :? :lol:

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
Here you go escapist no way would it pass for not resealed he even has a bit of kenner mould on his left leg :( Blue Dog yeah with a Palitoy Chewbacca i can really see the appeal of a reseal, speaking of which did anyone on here buy the palitoy chewie card and bubble that was on E-bay recently?
DSC_1929.jpg

DSC_1928.jpg

DSC_1927.jpg

chazb73

Sith Lord
Brilliant Jambobby!

Looks fantastic - I also have afew reseals that look like they were out the bubble for 5 mins! -
I have a partial opened fett on a jedi card I got for £3!!! He is mint - will need to post a pic :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
......... he even has a bit of kenner mould on his left leg

You could try putting him in front of a window with strong sunlight to get rid of the mould on the leg. I haven't tried it yet myself (bloody UK weather), but I've heard it works a treat and won't yellow the bubble as it's only for a short time.

Really great pick up though - Nice!

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
Hi Palifan it does work have a search through my previous posts I used it on my 12 back vader and posted some comparison shots up it really does work but only in the summer in the uk ;)

Palifan

Sith Lord
jambobbyb said:
Hi Palifan it does work have a search through my previous posts I used it on my 12 back vader and posted some comparison shots up it really does work but only in the summer in the uk ;)

It's good to hear that there is truth in what I've read. I still haven't worked out how to look up past threads from members (other than trawling through every page of every thread), so I'd appreciate a link to your thread. It would be great to see those comparison pics. Cheers.

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
Hi Palifan there are some shots on page 2 of this thread

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10650&p=143689&hilit=Back+vader#p143689
Cheers
James

Palifan

Sith Lord
jambobbyb said:
Hi Palifan there are some shots on page 2 of this thread

Thanks for passing the link on James. Darth looks really great and now I'll be able to sort my Chewbacca out after 4 years of the dreaded frost. So, any idea when the sun's coming out?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom