Vectis Auction 11/07/2014

kieatky

Jedi Master
Anyone have any bids on the auctions? I placed a few and actually won a couple (wasn't expecting to, just thought I'd have a few bids then forgot about it until I had an invoice sent to me this afternoon :shock: )

Would be interesting to hear if any of those items on sale have made it back to this forum :D

itfciain

Grand Master
I won a few - bit frustrating you can't see a completed listing page yet but presume one will be posted up soon

kieatky

Jedi Master
Items I won as follows -

5 winning bids found.

Posters [Lot No:149]

Bid Date: 11/07/2014

Kenner Star Wars Return of the Jedi Imperial Stormtrooper Hoth 3 3/4" figure, Mint, within Good Plus (yellowed) bubble upon Good 65 figure back card.

Hammer Price: £60.00

Posters [Lot No:192]

Kenner Star Wars Return of the Jedi Yoda The Jedi Master 3 3/4" figure, brown snake, Mint, within Excellent (yellowed) bubble upon Excellent Plus to Near Mint 77 figure back card.

Hammer Price: £170.00

Posters [Lot No:196]

Kenner Star Wars Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker Farm Boy 3 3/4" figure, Mint, within Excellent Plus (yellowed) bubble upon Excellent Plus to Near Mint 77 figure back card.

Hammer Price: £220.00

Posters [Lot No:199]

Kenner Star Wars Return of the Jedi Jawa 3 3/4" figure, Mint, within Excellent (yellowed) bubble upon Excellent Plus 77 figure back card.

Hammer Price: £70.00

Posters [Lot No:232]

Kenner Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back Imperial Troop Transporter - item is Excellent Plus to Near Mint, transfers are applied but comes with un-used transfer backing sheet, complete with radar dish, plus unusual "authentic movie sounds" instructions - originally attached to the troop transporter - "to activate the sound, select one sound control button"; together with Kenner "Darth Vader's Final Orders crackled through each troopers headset" 4-page black and white illustrated story booklet and original instruction leaflet; within Good Plus to Excellent original box.

Hammer Price: £100.00

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I won a couple of bits too :eek: lost out on a whole lot more, first time I've used them though so wasn't too sure how low/high to bid, seems it should have been higher! Now need to find my way through getting the won items sent to me yet, sure it'll be fine though :shock:

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I won one lot I wanted. I possibly paid slightly over for it though. I had to take a bit of a punt as I couldn't get to a computer so it was a commission bid. I got the piece though and hopefully when I get it I will be happy. Details to follow. I also won a second lot to split with a third party but I won't reveal details as I have to consider the other person.

It will be interesting to see the final prices as I think some bits went nuts.

kieatky

Jedi Master
Maulster79 said:
I was outbid in a TIE Pilot/Vader miscard by over £1000.

****ing worlds lost its mind.... :(

WTF !!!! :shock: I know I've paid over the odds for some of my wins but what the hell :shock:

scottie_boy

Padawan
skywalker said:
Do you know what the Jabba playset sold for.?

£140 hammer price, plus the usual add ons (buyer premium + VAT).

Think all of the sealed & unapplied sticker vehicles/playsets/creatures did pretty well.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Anyone know what the 41 back R2 went for? I presume it was the one posted on here a while ago, but I think the thread was deleted.

Wasn't it pretty rare?

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
I won one lot I wanted. I possibly paid slightly over for it though. I had to take a bit of a punt as I couldn't get to a computer so it was a commission bid. I got the piece though and hopefully when I get it I will be happy. Details to follow. I also won a second lot to split with a third party but I won't reveal details as I have to consider the other person.

It will be interesting to see the final prices as I think some bits went nuts.

Commission bidding is horrible but at least you can't get carried away and bid for a load more than you really wanted to :lol:

theslider

Sith Lord
The 41 back R2 went for £1000 - it was a nice piece though. I was mainly holding out for the Palitoy 41 back Leia Bespin but the commission bid was £160! I thought it would've been a lot less than that. Ended up winning far too much stuff I don't need/will take a long time to flip. Had some drop outs as well, so kept being disconnected - missed out on a die cast lot as when I was reconnected it was still up so clicked bid - it ended and the bid ended up on the next lot - gutted!

The groups of used figures went for silly prices - lots of commission bids on those..

M4K3R1

Padawan
Maulster79 said:
I was outbid in a TIE Pilot/Vader miscard by over £1000.

****ing worlds lost its mind.... :(

I was watching that also, put in a 500 GBP bid + the vectis fees of 25% would have been about 700 GBP final payment
I didn't expect to win but thought that was a fair price for it.
The final auction price it fetched will still have to add between 300/400 GBP vectis fees,
it was too rich for me.

theslider

Sith Lord
Cc4rhu said:
Ben it's fine - we won the palitoy DS with vcj auction. Can't wait to get it.

That's not a bad lot as at least you've got some provenance with the VCJ so you'll know it's kosher, and a good price as well!

Let me know what you're doing with the die cast Tie Fighter!

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
theslider said:
Cc4rhu said:
Ben it's fine - we won the palitoy DS with vcj auction. Can't wait to get it.

That's not a bad lot as at least you've got some provenance with the VCJ so you'll know it's kosher, and a good price as well!

Let me know what you're doing with the die cast Tie Fighter!

We aren't really sure what is in there really. There's some kind of paperwork in the scrap books that validates most of the lot as genuine early stuff. I imagine it all came direct from palitoy. It will be interesting to see what the scrap book contains. There's apparently pictures from a local paper about the lad who won the prize. Perhaps this will contain evidence regarding the palitoy vcj, as there are still naysayers. Maybe some photos, who knows.

Once we have picked this lot up and gone through it all there will be some of it pieces back out. Not sure what yet but you can rest assured it will all be offered on the forum first. It probably won't be until after farthest from though.

I also have one of the At at driver: hoth stormiest miscards. I perhaps made a mistake with the one I got, which was 282. I deliberately bid for one I thought would be less desirable for collectors with serious dough and early enough in the auction that it might be passed over in favour of a better example a couple of lots later. I paid £80. I think I might have got a better one for the same money but then you don't know how far the other bidders were willing to go.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom