Today on Facebook...

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
theforceuk said:
Then some other numpty pipes up saying he thought they were rare because Kenner ran out of cloth capes and VC were only introduced from 1985 onwards! :lol:

I thought the guy who said that was taking the piss!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Capetown said:
theforceuk said:
Then some other numpty pipes up saying he thought they were rare because Kenner ran out of cloth capes and VC were only introduced from 1985 onwards! :lol:

I thought the guy who said that was taking the piss!

Perhaps he was, that would explain a lot. :lol:

MarkG

Jedi Master
I think it's got to the point where a lot of people are just posting sarcastically now.

The same or similar questions are being asked over and over again so people are fed up basically.

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
:eek:
Knipsel.JPG

ODB

Jedi Master
This YPS fad has ruined the Action Force world as the less scrupulous 'collectors' are rinsing out all the SA 80s. I hate to think how many weapon packs and other paired items have been opened for this.

poncho

Grand Master
ODB said:
This YPS fad has ruined the Action Force world as the less scrupulous 'collectors' are rinsing out all the SA 80s. I hate to think how many weapon packs and other paired items have been opened for this.

funny thing is there have been repro of the sa80 black for years now...ha ha more fool the yps hunters

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
ODB said:

This! Absolutely crazy. It's not just the black ones either.

Been back on Facebook for a few days, mainly to sell a few bits. I've actually sold way more on here than FB 8) Think it's a shame that SWFUK seems to be have been abandoned by a lot of sellers these days. I guess it's the market we're in these days - Facebook is usually quicker to move stuff due to the audience size and competativeness and you can charge more :(

Dunno why, but I'm always shocked at the loose prices whenever I go back on after a break. FX-7... £40!!!!

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
ODB said:
Agreed. I've seen a few Action Force weapons packs appear on SW facebook pages over the past 18 months, and it's pretty obvious what's going to happen to them. I just don't see the point in owning a 'YPS' trooper that isn't a YPS trooper.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
peekaygee73 said:
ODB said:
Agreed. I've seen a few Action Force weapons packs appear on SW facebook pages over the past 18 months, and it's pretty obvious what's going to happen to them. I just don't see the point in owning a 'YPS' trooper that isn't a YPS trooper.

I have tried on numerous occasions to explain to people that the only "yps hothtroopers" that exist in the world are either still attached to the comic (definate yps) or from a childhood collection (how much do you trust the seller). Everything else is just a pbp trooper with an action force gun. It's getting to the point now where these stupid ****s are buying the other coloured ones to make their yps troopers. You might as well pair them up with modern weapons if you are going to do that.

ODB

Jedi Master
Mr-shifter said:
peekaygee73 said:
ODB said:

I have tried on numerous occasions to explain to people that the only "yps hothtroopers" that exist in the world are either still attached to the comic (definate yps) or from a childhood collection (how much do you trust the seller). Everything else is just a pbp trooper with an action force gun. It's getting to the point now where these stupid ****s are buying the other coloured ones to make their yps troopers. You might as well pair them up with modern weapons if you are going to do that.

You are preaching to the converted. Facebook sadly does not reward or promote knowledge and discussion, just instant gratification. No one wants to understand or find out about the correct terms/conditions/situations they just want to hear/read want they want to hear.

I wonder what is going to happen when all these new collectors grow tired of their collections is there going to be an enormous dumping of stock? I just hope they sell through proper channel rather than just throwing it all out.

wrighty

Sith Lord
What do people think about the new Star Wars Battle format for selling? For people that are not aware, its like buying a raffles ticket, pick a number and wait for the draw. Recently a graded DT Vader was up for sale, no one bought it when listed for sale, so the seller turned to Star Wars Battle, sold 360 tickets at around $40 per ticket and sold out in less than 24 hours. The seller got his money and one lucky person that bought only one ticket got a graded DT Vader. Just like the lottery. For me I will never participate but interested to see how many people actually play this format. :?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
wrighty said:
What do people think about the new Star Wars Battle format for selling? For people that are not aware, its like buying a raffles ticket, pick a number and wait for the draw. Recently a graded DT Vader was up for sale, no one bought it when listed for sale, so the seller turned to Star Wars Battle, sold 360 tickets at around $40 per ticket and sold out in less than 24 hours. The seller got his money and one lucky person that bought only one ticket got a graded DT Vader. Just like the lottery. For me I will never participate but interested to see how many people actually play this format. :?

Interesting, sounds like a FB generation type of thing.
This will appeal to high end items as it does give someone with $40 a chance to win a $14,000 item, and at 360 to 1 not bad odds!
Never say never, it would depend on what was on offer, how much the tickets were and how many would be sold.
I do the lottery afer all and the odds of winning that are about zero! :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
It's going to end in tears, for a start it's illegal, and that's before somebody runs off with the money, doesn't send the item, the item gets damaged in the post, the losers do paypal chargebacks etc. So many points of failure for this system.

itfciain

Grand Master
Cazza said:
Think it's a shame that SWFUK seems to be have been abandoned by a lot of sellers these days. I guess it's the market we're in these days - Facebook is usually quicker to move stuff due to the audience size and competativeness and you can charge more :(
Dunno why, but I'm always shocked at the loose prices whenever I go back on after a break. FX-7... £40!!!!

I agree with this and stayed on here with sales for a good while (I haven't totally written it off) - but the audience is ridiculously larger on FB than it is on here and if you price sensibly (which I still try to do) then you can sell very quickly - and generally sort out payment straight away as well

I still think the forums are a great place for knowledge sharing but think even Edd would agree that for the moment FB is better designed for sales

lejackal

Grand Master
Unfortunately it's a vicious circle, less sellers leads to less buyers and so on. I've tried to keep listing here but even when I had 6 or 7 MOCs to shift, all priced more or less reasonably I barely got a sniff here but sold all bar one in a day or two on FB.
I don't have much love for the auctions on there and even less for the raffles but they seem to be the best way generally for sellers to get top money.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I think the buyers have got a lot to do with it, when I say buyers I mean members on here. There's stuff listed on here and it doesn't sell, because people aren't looking. Everyone's focus is Facebook, Facebook and more Facebook.

Latest posts

Top Bottom