THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 20 LAUNCHED

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Another enjoyable episode.

A comment on a point Tommy made about there being no known examples of punch tabs being moved due to lopsided hanging issues.

I documented one on the palitoy jawa page:-

http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy/sw12bcardback.htm

"The vinyl cape on the Jawa was replaced with a darker brown cloth cape making the vinyl cape very rare. Initially, the bubble that was used for R2-D2 was used for the cloth cape jawa as it did not fit inside the vinyl cape bubble as it was too small. This bubble is quite deep so a folded yellow cardboard insert was placed behind the figure moving it towards the front of the bubble, the top of which can be seen at shoulder height behind the figure. The hood on the figure looks squashed as the bubble is not high enough. This temporary solution was used until a bigger bubble that could accommodate the hood was made. This new bubble had no kind insert behind the figure. With the new bubble and cloth cape figure the card did not hang correctly now, so the punch was moved to the left a bit so it would hang correctly again. The punch position is about 50/50 on carded palitoy jawas showing that it was a while before they made this change. Fakes are common and many collectors rue the day they swapped their inferior plastic caped Jawa for a cloth one in the school playground when they were kids. All subsequent cardback variations have the cloth cape jawa on them."

I presume Kenner cards might show the same correction?

cheers Jason

Tommy_Garvey

Padawan
mr_palitoy said:

A comment on a point Tommy made about there being no known examples of punch tabs being moved due to lopsided hanging issues...

Very interesting! I'd never heard that before. Makes sense though. Changing the weight of the figure and bubble would affect the balance.

I'm honestly not the person to ask about Kenner MOCs though, so I couldn't say. I only have about 7 carded figures total and 3 of them are Kea Moll. :)

Tommy

spoons

Grand Master
Tommy_Garvey said:
mr_palitoy said:

A comment on a point Tommy made about there being no known examples of punch tabs being moved due to lopsided hanging issues...

Very interesting! I'd never heard that before. Makes sense though. Changing the weight of the figure and bubble would affect the balance.

I'm honestly not the person to ask about Kenner MOCs though, so I couldn't say. I only have about 7 carded figures total and 3 of them are Kea Moll. :)

Tommy

You need to get the vinyl caped Kea Moll - check that one ;)

And I'm with you on variant descriptions for the most part - just hear Han Hoth lumped in sometimes and wanted to make that point :)

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Tommy_Garvey said:
mr_palitoy said:

Tommy

Just had a quick look on google images for 'kenner 12 back jawa', the answer is yes.

Here's the one with the more right centered placing used on the vinyl cape cards:-

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwis85eVpr3KAhXGvhQKHVzIAxkQjhwIBQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brianstoys.com%2Fstar-wars%2Fvintage%2Fvintage-star-wars-carded-12-back-b-jawa-afa-80-10925602.html&psig=AFQjCNGfCagFqbkVs8mcs7EiRbs9XDPb5w&ust=1453547859909342

vintage-star-wars-12-back-jawa-afa-10925602.jpg

And here's the one with the left corrected placing:-

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwieprDWpr3KAhWKchQKHTUnDC0QjhwIBQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fitm%2FVintage-Star-Wars-KENNER-1978-AFA-75-80-80-JAWA-ANH-12-BACK-C-MOC-CLEAR-BUBBLE-%2F221890013899&psig=AFQjCNGfCagFqbkVs8mcs7EiRbs9XDPb5w&ust=1453547859909342

$_57.jpg

cheers Jason

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Awesome podcast lads! Listened to it today trudging down the A303. Very interesting and amusing as usual. Really enjoyed hearing about all the unusual and not seen before items. What was that 7 inch Chewy all about.. bonkers. Good job, look forward to the next one 8)

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
A great listen again guys, definitely getting better every show.
To add some meat to the bones in the debate about he Nigo auction and why the prices may have been so over the top; contrary to the conclusion that the items being Nigo's probably didn't actually affect the sales value. I believe this is the wrong conclusion. To help explain, unlike Christian Slater (whoooo :lol: ), Nigo is given a God like status in huge communities around the world in a far more commercial manner than most film stars could ever imagine; most especially in Japan and the US.
He's not only the designer behind A Bathing Ape clothing (hoodies can run £800 plus) and Bape / Bapestar trainers (often topping £1000 a pair) etc. He is a close friend and collaborator with Pharrel Williams (Happy, Blurred Lines) and they have some kind of partnership on the clothing range Billionaire Boys Club. Don't also forget he's a world famous DJ and record producer too...
These sub-culture fans, his disciple like followers, combined with a fandom for Star Wars (some of the Japanese collections on Instagram are ridiculous) and of course the Japanese obsession with toys in general and anything vintage, the prices were bound to sky-rocket.

In other news, am I the only one that listens and flicks through the LA threads to se the pics in line with the commentary?

Jez

Sith Lord
SAVORY100 said:

In other news, am I the only one that listens and flicks through the LA threads to se the pics in line with the commentary?

I love this idea :D

SOJ

Sith Lord
Great show again this month fellas, really helps eat up miles when I'm driving up and down M1.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Jez said:
SAVORY100 said:

I love this idea :D

Its only possible because you take the time to say the forum and page numbers involved, so please keep doing that 8)

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
Yet again the 3-4 hours of vintage gold chit chat flys by and suddenly leaves you saying " now I gotta wait another month till the next one!" Lads as always u help me through a tuff couple of days work in the pissing rain .
It's an education as always and I've recently messaged a couple of u for advice or help with my new desire of Mocs and u have been more then helpful
I know this must take hours of time and sure we only hear the finished edits So I'm sure it's probably double the hours of footage you record but it's so worth it. So finally a HUGE BIG thanks to u lads and look forward to the next episode dropping soon!
Ps. Jez drop ur mean rap lyrics in again I need me CCP fix !
Shaky

Berminator

Youngling
This was the first episode I listened to and I really enjoyed it. Well done to everyone involved and I look forward to the next one.

BruceW

Padawan
First, a very belated thanks for having me on the Christmas special. Always a pleasure to talk to Pete, a fellow Leia lover, though I'll never wrap my head around the pregnant action figures. :wink:

Loved hearing you guys talk about The Force Awakens! "Twenty out of ten!" Classic!

Great interviews with Tommy and Craig. I totally agree with Craig's point about the graphics on the Helix line...they are indeed some of the most original and stunning ever made. I just love the look of Leia on the pencil bag. So feisty, that one!

And kudos for including the Bowie bit after the credits. A sad loss.

Cheers, guys! Love it!

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great episode as ever. I've pretty much listened to every episode now, it's taken me six months and I've enjoyed every one. I commute a lot and the podcast really brightens up my travel. Make each episode 8 hours long I say! I can tell a lot of hard work goes into each episode. Keep up the good work! Pleased it's getting a lot of downloads. :D

Jez

Sith Lord
Thank you all for the brilliant comments.
Speaking on behalf of all of the lads, it's always nice to get feedback, and the feedback we've had recently has even great.
We do love making the podcast even though it is like a second job. It's a labour of love.
Positive feedback is great but If there is anything you'd like to add, change, repeat or drop please let us know.
If there is anything you like us to look into or discuss please drop a hint.
There will be another within 2 weeks.

jared007

Padawan
Great show as usual. Interesting to hear how "global" the show is getting with downloads all over the place!

Cheers, Jared.

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
Just listened to the last podcast again ( yes I really do have enough time in my working day to listen to another 4/5 hours of SW vintage chat!) and I have to say 2 things
1-It's just as enjoyable second time of listening and 2- I actually found my self picking up on bits I had missed first time round ,
so lads who have listened to it once it's time to through it on again !! (Ps. Jokes don't get any better though second time of listening )
Any way , untill the next listen.....
Ricky ⚒

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Richards jokes are horrendous, if you think the ones that are left in are bad you should hear the ones that get cut, luckily the other four of us are side splittingly amusing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom