TFA Trailer

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
BlueDog said:
Caswellbot said:
If you weren't excited before now. I recommend you watch this!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y0OXAYl0CTk

Enjoy!! :)

Now that is cool. Thanks Chris. 8)

My pleasure Ryan! I've watched it a couple of times now ....... Lol.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Ok, couldnt get away from watching this as its fecking everywhere.

One question-why the hell is Biro Pen -sorry, Kylo Ren holding Vaders helmet and resurrecting his evil plans? " i promise to finish what you started" ? er, no he finished that when he tossed the Emperor off over the handrail :D :lol:

Anyways,glad you guys have enjoyed this trailer. Im happy for you all.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
He he- starting to cave in already? :) Probably still a few midnight showing tickets left if you get in quickly ;)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Cazza said:
He he- starting to cave in already? :) Probably still a few midnight showing tickets left if you get in quickly ;)

He's caved in alright, I heard he's going to France to watch it first! :lol:

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Joking aside, this trailer says so much more about the vision and direction that it is going. It does seem to have an ANH feel in some way, especially when she says " im no-one". I was impressed so much more by is than the previous 2 trailers, but the Vader helmet crap doesnt sit right as i feel it takes away the feeling of the end of ROTJ. The bit where Han says "its true...etc" that made me think.

Perhaps i will be proven wrong, i dont know what to think now. When something does touch a chord, its hard to deny it and i got to admit it has. The previous trailer with Han and Chewie put a lump in my throat, but man-this really got to me for some reason.

Im a Lucas guy, but wow...that hit a nerve. For some reason this took me back 30 years....

There, i fecking said it.

Now i got the kids open evening and Sonny said there was a Star Wars drawing in his art folder on his desk for me to look at :)

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
If this doesn't make you chuckle then yousa in bombad poodoo.

How to improve the Force Awakens trailer? Add Jar Jar!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo7_qW4pPrc

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:

We might get lee into the cinema on the strength of that trailer!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:

Ha ha! Brilliant! God knows how I'm going to sleep now after that nightmare....

Bootyhunter

Jedi Master
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:

Awesome... :lol:

_Lee_

Sith Lord
I havent laughed so much for a long time :D i love the superimposed Lucas on Han :D

Ive been watching the trailer again, and from what i can see i reckon Luke will enter near the end to protect someone. Kind of a Yoda character who will then educate another like himslf.

Man, im finding it hard now... :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
_Lee_ said:
Joking aside, this trailer says so much more about the vision and direction that it is going. It does seem to have an ANH feel in some way, especially when she says " im no-one". I was impressed so much more by is than the previous 2 trailers, but the Vader helmet crap doesnt sit right as i feel it takes away the feeling of the end of ROTJ. The bit where Han says "its true...etc" that made me think.

Perhaps i will be proven wrong, i dont know what to think now. When something does touch a chord, its hard to deny it and i got to admit it has. The previous trailer with Han and Chewie put a lump in my throat, but man-this really got to me for some reason.

Im a Lucas guy, but wow...that hit a nerve. For some reason this took me back 30 years....

Now i got the kids open evening and Sonny said there was a Star Wars drawing in his art folder on his desk for me to look at :)

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

_Lee_

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
_Lee_ said:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

You ****er!! :D

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Well, time to make myself an outcast. :(

_Lee_ said:

Dammit Lee, am I the only one left that will avoid this movie like the plague?

Grant_C said:
STAR WARS DOMINATES

Star Wars: The Force Awakens has obliterated records for advance ticket sales at US and UK cinemas, leading to many early screenings being completely sold out.

American retailer Fandango said JJ Abrams' film sold more than eight times as many tickets on its first day of release – Monday – as the previous record holder, 2012's The Hunger Games. Separately, IMAX revealed it took $6.5m in ticket sales on a single day for The Force Awakens, having never made more than $1m in 24 hours previously. The space opera reboot was also the bestselling film on movietickets.com, representing 95% of sales over the past 24 hours.

Tickets went on sale in the US, the world's biggest box office, after the debut of the new trailer for The Force Awakens on ESPN's popular Monday Night Football show. In the UK, where tickets went on sale earlier in the day, Star Wars studio Disney said a record 200,000 plus tickets were sold in 24 hours, beating marks for Skyfall, Spectre, The Hunger Games and 50 Shades of Grey. The unprecedented demand on both sides of the Atlantic, almost two months' prior to the release of Abrams' film, is leading to speculation that The Force Awakens might challenge Avatar for the mantle of highest-grossing movie of all time.

"The only words to describe the first day of IMAX worldwide advance ticket sales for Star Wars: The Force Awakens are 'record-shattering,'" Greg Foster, CEO of IMAX Entertainment, told the Hollywood Reporter. "We're seeing sell-outs across the board – from Hollywood to London, to Sparks, Nevada and everywhere in between."

To beat Avatar, The Force Awakens would have to pass $2.787bn at the global box office, though those sort of figures are not unprecedented for a Star Wars movie. The saga's debut instalment, 1977's Star Wars, made $2.825bn when ticket prices are adjusted for inflation – though Avatar itself is also upgraded to $3.020bn using the same formula.

The Force Awakens early figures might, however, be hampered by its failure to secure a 2015 release date in China, the world's second largest box office. The nation only permits 34 foreign-made films to screen in each calendar year, and with this year's release schedule already full, the Hollywood Reporter says Disney may have to wait until well into 2016 before the space opera screens in the world's most populous nation. Neither is success in China necessarily guaranteed, as the original trilogy released in cinemas from 1977 to 1983 never screened there and many Chinese were unaware of Star Wars' notoriety until recently.

Bookmaker Paddy Power is currently offering odds of 16-1 on The Force Awakens passing Avatar's total by June 2016. Abrams' film, starring Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Andy Serkis, Gwendoline Christie, Max Von Sydow and Adam Driver, debuts in US cinemas on 18 December, a day after the film's UK release.

My 100% honest, and unbiased (either way - fanboy or hater) opinion.

It will break opening weekend records - but it won't even catch Jurassic World for #3 all time, never mind Avatar at #1.

The anticipation I see everywhere EXCEPT from Star Wars diehards is about the same as Dark Knight and Avengers. I'm predicting a solid $550-$600 million total domestic take here in North America. I'm using US dollars, as that's what the vast majority of data is listed in.

Worldwide, it'll be not as close. I looked at all 6 films in the series. The OT's worldwide take was on average about 45% of the grand total compared to the North American take. Can't count that - overseas box office has changed dramatically. The PT averaged only about 53% of the grand total from none North American box office. It's more reasonable to assume the new movies will fall closer in line to that. Now, there was an insane build to TPM, about the same as this. I'd say TPM had more, due to 16 years between movies and no backlash on the Saga due to perceptions of how the PT would be seen. Not everyone is going to rush to see this due to that factor and some people just not happy with Disney running the show, plus Lucas purists like myself. You also can't discount the effect a December release will have on the total, as it won't be able to rely on daytime or even weeknight showings the way a summer movie can. Anyway, I'm using TPM because it is the #1 worldwide grossing SW movie (unadjusted), and was relatively recent to compare with. TPM made $474 million at the North American box office - including a re-release. That translates to $753 million when adjusted for inflation. Yes, that's higher than my estimated North American take, but let's say TFA matches that. The total is 46% of its worldwide take. So, if we assume international vs North American remains in a similar ratio, and no need to assume otherwise with it being consistent across the entire saga, the grand total, with 54% coming from international box office. That means, if it can even match TPM totals (including its re-release numbers), its worlwide take will be about $1.636 billion. That means $883 million from the rest of the world. Don't get me wrong, that's huge - but it still doesn't beat $1.665 billion so far for Jurassic World. In other words, if the ratios of box office remain consistent as SW releases in the past, even if it beats JW by $100 million in North America, it'll still fail to catch JW for #3 all time worldwide, never mind Avatar's $2.8 billion unadjusted total.

Ian

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
Ian,

I really don't care if Episode 7 breaks any records. For me its all about the story.

If the movie is a great follow on from ROTJ THAT is what is important to me, and what is making me go to see it.

Cheers bud,
Pat

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Fair enough Pat. And I hope you enjoy it, I really do.

I just get frustrated with the unrealistic expectations people are putting on it. It's EXACTLY what people did with the prequels, TPM in particular. I sit here reading the proclamations on how terrific it'll be (and yes, optimism is good - but temper it a bit to avoid disappointment), and all the comments where people seem to be accepting it as fact it'll not only be able to beat Jurassic World for #3 all time (a feat in itself), but to almost double THAT number and topple Avatar? Anything is possible - but it's highly unrealistic. It'll require well over 70% of its box office to come from the rest of the world outside North America, and that's just not seen in ANY of the SW films previously.

Remember even ANH only adjusts to $2.8 billion worldwide (less than Avatar), and that was after a more than year long initial run (which NO movie does anymore), and with multiple re-releases.

I just want people to breathe, enjoy it if you are looking forward to it, and not expect too much.

Ian

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
Ian_C said:
I just want people to breathe, enjoy it if you are looking forward to it, and not expect too much.

Ian

Good call mate, and I hear you about the unrealistic expectations.

I'm not a Lucas purist, but i respect the fact you are. I'm just after a good story and some fun with my son. I actually can't wait to see all the people who will dress up for the midnight screening. Its going to be fun, no matter how good the movie actually is.

Its all about the moment - "Chewie, we're home" Even typing it brings me goosebumps!! (I am SUCH a nerd...)

Pat

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Hey Ian, my brother from another mother :D

Im admitting that it has got to me in some way bud. I really dont like the idea with the Vader mask involvement, but certain other aspects did hit a nerve, and i admit that. I know that i wont be able to ignore this completely, so ive gotta just live with it. Who knows, i may or may not see it but one thing i do know is that my own personal Star Wars is the OT and that will stay with me forever. I consider myself very lucky to have lived Star Wars from its original debut, and the times i had back then will never leave my heart. No one will ever deny me that.

No matter what i say, or you say it will be there and isnt going anywhere soon. Whilst there are wars being fought, suffering and poverty in this world, here we are bitching about a sci-fi movie - man, we need to live for the day and for the time we live in. Im not fully embracing the Star Wars future, but ive decided to give it a chance because there are much more important issues in this world to direct our negativity at. I will say that i know of someone who keeps clear of the forums because he doesnt like the negativity about the new films. That really cuts me up because he is a great guy, and it makes you wonder why we moan.

It isnt our Star Wars, and for once its got nothing to do with Lucas which did sadden me but hey, if another generation get half a chance to live what i/ we lived in the early days then who am i to stop that.

Peace out man:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom