Taff's Jawa Focus

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Taffius, are you aiming to collect all the different variations? eg small, medium, large hoods; spongy, cross-hatched, horizontal lined cape; different coloured stitching, as well as the plain and simple Coo variations (of which there are at least 9 and that's just Kenner!) Which one is your favourite so far?

Taffius

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
Taffius, are you aiming to collect all the different variations? eg small, medium, large hoods; spongy, cross-hatched, horizontal lined cape; different coloured stitching, as well as the plain and simple Coo variations (of which there are at least 9 and that's just Kenner!) Which one is your favourite so far?

Thanks all. The theory is education. So plan is buy then pay closer attention to the differences as TheJabbaWookie says and understand more with the differences and variants. Focus for education is the theme.
My favourite is my first. Once I got it in hand I thought it was a great analogy and reference to myself - small and a scavenger! Most I am sure will add to that list! :D

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Taffius said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

Thanks all. The theory is education. So plan is buy then pay closer attention to the differences as TheJabbaWookie says and understand more with the differences and variants. Focus for education is the theme.
My favourite is my first. Once I got it in hand I thought it was a great analogy and reference to myself - small and a scavenger! Most I am sure will add to that list! :D
Good answer. Look forward to the lowdown on everyone's favourite little scavenger. Utini!

gammoguard

Padawan
What is a good price for this figure these days? Have got a few of these guys and I'm thinking of thinning my collection down a little (starting to think that having duplicates that aren't on display anywhere seems to be a waste of a great item - swaying towards the classic figure display cabinet idea)

Taffius

Sith Lord
gammoguard said:
What is a good price for this figure these days? Have got a few of these guys and I'm thinking of thinning my collection down a little (starting to think that having duplicates that aren't on display anywhere seems to be a waste of a great item - swaying towards the classic figure display cabinet idea)

Hi gammoguard and welcome too!

Prices vary but a good condition one with minimal paint loss is anything from £3 to £12 with no cloak, £10 to £20 with a cloak. Sometimes good complete ones with a weapon can be £25 to £35. I have had some cracking complete ones for £15.
Graded about £50. Variant effect pushes some prices.
Vinyl cape versions...well.......... :D

gammoguard

Padawan
Cheers for the reply Taff.
I have 11 of the little fellas + 1 VC but only 1 weapon in total. All are cloaked (no naked's) but I've noticed that the colour of the stitching varies - some light brown, some dark brown but haven't checked to see if there are any large head cloaks yet.

Taffius

Sith Lord
gammoguard said:
Cheers for the reply Taff.
I have 11 of the little fellas + 1 VC but only 1 weapon in total. All are cloaked (no naked's) but I've noticed that the colour of the stitching varies - some light brown, some dark brown but haven't checked to see if there are any large head cloaks yet.

Not got a vc yet. Waiting for price to come down to about £50 and then i'm in there! :lol:

gammoguard

Padawan
£50 - imagine if that actually happened nowadays.....toy collecting equivalent of a lottery win :lol:
I remember buying mine 25+ years ago from a little backstreet second hand shop. Went in one day to see it on the shelf behind the till so trying to keep calm and relaxed (wasn't making a good job of it tho) I said to the assistant 'how much is that little brown figure on the shelf?' He replied 'the vinyl cape Jawa?' At that point I thought balls he knows exactly what it was so I said yes - he replied £4 !!!!! Promptly paid the £4 and as I left the shop I was expecting him to chase me down the road after realising his error :lol:
Worst part tho thinking back he was also selling a Yak for £2 :shock:

Taffius

Sith Lord
gammoguard said:
£50 - imagine if that actually happened nowadays.....toy collecting equivalent of a lottery win :lol:
I remember buying mine 25+ years ago:lol:
Worst part tho thinking back he was also selling a Yak for £2 :shock:

£4 and £2...amazing!

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Taffius said:
Update post sorting out Tracker and database. They have a temporary home on top shelf now!

N.B. There is plenty of space left... :lol:

They look great on the top shelf, it looks like a purpose built Temple or Shrine.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Taffius said:
Update post sorting out Tracker and database. They have a temporary home on top shelf now!

N.B. There is plenty of space left... :lol:

They look great on the top shelf, it looks like a purpose built Temple or Shrine.

Good observation there...like that! :D

Taffius

Sith Lord
Jawa focus is going to be one sole item left - Selling on for funds.

Deciding to not focus on these ensures I can keep collecting other items and try to complete some collections in vintage and modern. I know some will be sad however I self fund my pastime so needs must. Thanks all who have helped, I really enjoyed them for a while!

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Taffius said:
Jawa focus is going to be one sole item left - Selling on for funds.

Deciding to not focus on these ensures I can keep collecting other items and try to complete some collections in vintage and modern. I know some will be sad however I self fund my pastime so needs must. Thanks all who have helped, I really enjoyed them for a while!

Your selling them?

Taffius

Sith Lord
Yep. Will be mate. Its a hard focus to retain when I am after so many other items.
Also learnt a hard collecting lesson today so feeling pretty poop to be honest.
My own fault for being trusting and lazy. On a +ve note, gained a value lesson that cost both in pride and what little rep I thought I might have stupidly self attained.
Gutted but there we go. Move on and notch that up and in the scale of life, its small compared to other issues and worries people have so...

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Sounds like you've had a bad experience mate, but also that you have perspective as well, life throws crap at us, it's how you bounce back that counts bud, chin up bud

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom