Palitoy 45a focus run complete

sith-smith

Grand Master
Well it's been over 14 years in the making but I have finally managed to complete this run.

The first 10 ESB figures are my second favourite set (After the first 12 characters) and having completed them on their debut card - the 30a (in 2004) I decided I would try and complete them on the last card they all appeared together with the Palitoy logo - the 45a.

At that time not all were confirmed to have ever existed and many of those confirmed, only existed as opened cardbacks. So was a long hard road with no guarantee it could be done when I started.

So, very pleased to have completed it. And thanks to the many people that have helped me with this over the years. 8)

2573dde9-db3d-440b-b159-963242d5039f-original.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
What a truly outstanding achievement! Many congratulations on putting this run together and for having the staying power to stick at the search.

Many, many thanks for sharing :)

sith-smith

Grand Master
stormcab said:
Amazing run. Had no idea this was so hard to do. What are the tough ones here?

Thanks.

The best of my knowledge/experience, the toughest by far is the Leia Bespin.

When I began this run, she was the only one whose existence had not been confirmed. The other 9 we knew at the very least had existed as cardbacks existed for all of them. But not Leia.

I know Jason found the first leia cardback not all that long ago, maybe 5 years?

But the first and so far at least only sealed one to turn up was in a Vectis auction in November last year, which is the one pictured in my first post.

The next is probably Han Hoth. The first sealed one appeared on Brian's Toys in 2007, which I managed to get. Until now I don't know if another has shown up.

Bossk is probably next, with only two confirmed to exist. First public sighting was in 2010. Second one was in 2016

Then HST. I know for certain there are two known, but believe there are probably at least 3 confirmed.

So those 3 are the toughest ones for sure and by some way.

Lando, Fx7 and WBG are all tough, but probably exist in higher numbers may 2 to 3 times as many as the ones above.

So a fun, but painstakingly slow, run to put together. Took me 3 years to get the first 5. 11 years to find the next! :shock:

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
As u know mate have expressed my respect for this run on FB but it would b wrong not to comment on it here(only just seeing it now)

A one off run pal and a treat for us to be able to see:eek:

V well done Gary.

joey

Padawan
hi mate

fanatistic achievement and great run, if anyone was to complete them it was going to be you

thanks

joey

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom