SWFUK History

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Grant said:
When I joined back at the start of 2008 I was member 218. Altho there was only around 10 or so regular posters. I noticed that TFB only joined about 2 weeks before me. My brother in law Ron was one of the Mods here back then. Im going have to see if I can get Ron come back to this place. He is well missed.
Did not know Ron was your brother in-law. He only has bits of his collection left. I do miss the guy,but he is way to busy hiking and climbing mountains.

sith-smith

Grand Master
mr_palitoy said:
sith-smith said:
Lee Gregory said:
Think the frothy fanny was a Lee Gray post if I remember correctly,not that I really want to recall that particular thread....

Thanks Lee!!!

I'd had medication and psychiatry to help me forget all about that post!! :?

This post?

http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=221

:)

Jason

I'm refusing to look...

Dammit!!!

It's like driving past a car crash. You just can't help it. :eek:

Josh

Sith Lord
I don't think Lee was telling us the whole truth.
CamelFest2010+628.jpg

She really looked like that...didn't she, Lee?

Grant

Sith Lord
I just looked at that thread and read about Lees Frothy experience. I think I need to go bleach my eyes now. Anyone know where I can get some thing to bleach my mind too LOL. :mrgreen:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
That is one thread I will never forget........no matter how much I want to!

Gary, Yeah Bollox and Jabba were around originally, but like Mash, Twofoot and Coco, none are on here much/at all any more.

Dom

Jedi Master
My 2 big memories are the Bollux wedding present forum and when Jabba pretended to be Claire Solo. The problem of the latter is he had a fake falling out with Jay over it and in my attempt to cool things over made some comment about her being no oil painting and he had actually used a pic of his wife. Luckily he took it well and realised I was just trying to defuse things, but I felt awful

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Dom said:
My 2 big memories are the Bollux wedding present forum and when Jabba pretended to be Claire Solo. The problem of the latter is he had a fake falling out with Jay over it and in my attempt to cool things over made some comment about her being no oil painting and he had actually used a pic of his wife. Luckily he took it well and realised I was just trying to defuse things, but I felt awful
It's Ok .....they are divorced now. :wink:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
God yes Jabba got in an awful lot of trouble when his wife logged in and saw all the stuff he had been posting :eek:

SNAGGLE

Padawan
I joined the boards after seeing an ad through eBay that I think Edd may have posted. At the time, I was browsing eBay looking at vintage star wars just to trigger childhood memories as much as anything.
I figured a forum with members who 'grew up star wars' would be a fun place to hang out, so I joined.

I'm one of the members, as I think Gary mentioned, who enjoy having the luxury of signing in to view threads such as vintage showcase etc. I have a moderate collection, prob, 15 mocs and some boxed stuff in a display shelf in the corner of my front room, and I'm happy with that.

I still view these boards, almost daily. And although I don't contribute much in terms of posting, the site is one of the first places I visit when finding a spare hour to go online in the evening.

I remember the first board design, as spoons posted. I also read through the mayhem of Han duo and Auggie!!

I'm really going to make an effort to post more, I've learnt so much about vintage collecting through these boards, and should really give something back.

I've forgotten the amount of times I've burst out laughing reading these boards. I occasionally visit RS, but it's not a patch on this forum.

LONG LIVE SWFUK

jackabina

Sith Lord
this forum is brilliant!
when i'm at work, i look foward to signing in as soon as i get home.
i wish i could afford to buy more, and more people would laugh at my jokes and witty one liners, but there...
i've learnt loads about my hobby, and met some great like-minded (almost) people here.
i've had great pleasure in proving to my wife that not all collectors are geeks, and that one day, we can sell my collection and buy a small island somewhere :lol:
seriously...........the last few months have been a blast on here, thanks for letting me be part of it.
i'm off to wipe my tears away :oops:

SNAGGLE

Padawan
This nut claimed he had the equipment to make large scale archaeology digs to find burried Palitoy overstock at the Coalville factory site!

He promised to give away his finds to his believers, whilst naming all the non believers 'Toy Jackers' ???!

HE ALSo WrOTE ALL HIs BULLSHIT LiKE THIS

The lads will fill you in more with a link, it was crazy times :lol:

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
My story is much the same as Snaggle's. I joined SWF back on the original site and for a time was a semi-regular poster I guess. I still check the site most days of the week, but obviously have been mainly lurking for the past few years (Rebelscum too). Its been interesting watching the site develop over the years. Its always been a madhouse with much more freedom that on RS, yet its always also contained a wealth of collecting info with a friendly bunch of very knowledgeable guys - even if some of the prominent posters have changed over the years. I agree that in recent years there seems to be a bit more structure to the site - new categories and proper mods etc. Part of the reason I don't post so much (aside from being slightly shy I suppose, is that my interest in vintage star wars comes and goes - collecting off and on since '99.) Nevertheless, I love browsing through the limelights and admiring all your collections and new additions. I keep telling myself that I will become more involved on the forums, and I stilll aim to become more of a regular poster here (and on RS). Cheers to a great site all! :)

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
SNAGGLE said:
This nut claimed he had the equipment to make large scale archaeology digs to find burried Palitoy overstock at the Coalville factory site!

He promised to give away his finds to his believers, whilst naming all the non believers 'Toy Jackers' ???!

Here he is talking about the Kenner dump. He also had a lot of uncirculated production revenge of the jedi carded figures...

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2881

Jason

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
SNAGGLE said:

That's ****ing EPIC :shock:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
How I miss Auggie! :roll:
About as much as you'd miss having AIDS!

As for Jabba and his claire solo/missus getting on here and readin his posts, it did make me laugh. :oops: :lol:

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
mr_palitoy said:
SNAGGLE said:

Here he is talking about the Kenner dump. He also had a lot of uncirculated production revenge of the jedi carded figures...

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2881

Jason
He offered to come to my house and kick my ass.....he never showed up. :(

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
I also freaking love this Forum! I too cant wait to get home from work and read this boards. Thanks so much for all the laughs. Its been awesome! Long Live SWFUK 8)

Liam

Joe

Grand Master
Does anyone else remember slim? There was quite a lot of gossip done behind the scenes when he was here (I think because people thought it was Han again?) but didn't that end with him "confessing" to being into Nazi stuff and buying Nazi daggers on ebay? lol

I think his only real crime was that he completed his loose collection in 3 weeks then sold it all up less than a few weeks after completing it :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom