SWFUK Fantasy Football 22-23

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Right I've finally figured out my squad. With only 6 hours to go I currently have no injuries, illness, suspensions, police cases or likely substitutes (had all five of those on game week 1 last season and never recovered.) Let's hope it stays that way!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Nooooo bottom again :ROFLMAO: it was all going so well on Saturday, think I was second or third, then gradually slid down the table yesterday. Took a gamble not playing any of my West Ham players because they were up against City, didn't pay off as the players I replaced them with didn't play :rolleyes: and it seems like having Salah captain is the default for every team so cancels each other out, it's all about the other players.

lejackal

Grand Master
Nooooo bottom again :ROFLMAO: it was all going so well on Saturday, think I was second or third, then gradually slid down the table yesterday. Took a gamble not playing any of my West Ham players because they were up against City, didn't pay off as the players I replaced them with didn't play :rolleyes: and it seems like having Salah captain is the default for every team so cancels each other out, it's all about the other players.
Yep, I was top of both this and my work league most of Saturday. Now im near the bottom of both. Time for an emergency transfer or two

lejackal

Grand Master
So far I've scored no points at all for my keeper and this week had 3 players end up with negative points. Given all that I'm still second or third in the league 😂

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I was thinking you were mad to play your triple captain so early, I normally save mine for a week with multiple games, but then again as long as you get the points then who cares! It's the wildcard I usually save for desperate times. I'm bottom again :rolleyes: need to sack off some of my Liverpool players!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Am seriously going to have to dump all the Liverpool players from my fantasy team, they have been shocking!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Can somebody please explain to me how it's possible for Liverpool to score NINE goals, and Salah doesn't get one or even an assist!? :mad: oh and I transferred VVD out after being diabolical for the first three games, obviously he then scores and has a clean sheet :rolleyes: seems I'm as lucky in fantasy football as I am in everything else in life...

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Well you learn something new about Fantasy Football every week, apparently you only get the clean sheet points if a defender plays at least 60 minutes. Do you think Klopp deliberately took Alexander-Arnold off after 58 mins just to piss everyone off!?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Glad to see FF is doing @edd_jedi's headin as much as it used to do mine.
You spend 30GW's fiddling with your team and making transfers just so you can have 8 games with something approximating a team you would actually want and then it ends. 30 weeks of frustration and a **** team do NOT make 8 weeks a good team worth it.

I remember having David Silva one season and he scored a goal that FF wrongly accredited to Yay Toure. They corrected it on Monday but DIDNT alter the points. So Toure got 4extra points (and 3bonus) as a result of a goal he didn't score. Seemed fair to me.

Then there was the 2010 season when half the games were called off for snow. When they were rescheduled they were moved into a different game week and thus you didn't get any points for them. I see the logic but it was a bit unfair as you had no way of knowing what games would be hit and it was a complete lottery. I ended up with a team of Joe Hart on his own one week. He got 1pt. One of my mates still had about 8 players play. Then when the games were rearranged he was able to effectively get a load of double game week players for games when he didn't have originally have them.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
It seems to be mostly pure luck, a bit like poker which is why I don't play that either. Don't get me wrong there are people who are good at FF and poker, but it's still at least 75% luck and mostly out of your control. Case in point above, the league's top scorer getting zero of nine goals.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Aye, there is definitely an element of luck to it. There is a degree of skill, but luck definitely plays a part.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
So following the three fixture postponements, this update was issued: https://www.premierleague.com/news/2789181

Any Wildcards played prior to the Gameweek 7 deadline will be rolled over into Gameweek 8.

I played my Wildcard a couple of weeks ago, but it's still showing as used 🤷‍♂️

Latest posts

Top Bottom